• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Baelish threatened Lord Royce with death using Robyn as a weapon.... it would make sense that they would quickly choose Lady Stark over Littlefinger.

It would make sense that they would quickly turn on Littlefinger, sure. I'm just not sure why they wouldn't also have an issue with Sansa since she withheld information concerning the murder of Jon and Lysa for......how long? A year or something? And she was in the room with Lysa when she died. That shit should sound a bit suspicious.

I don't know, maybe they will take issue with it next season. But if that happens we might get a conflict like we saw with Tyrion and Davos.

Davos: LOL, remember when you killed my son?
Tyrion: Haha, oh yeah I did do that didn't I.......awkward. How has this not come up before?
Davos: IDK brah, I was probably too busy checking out Missandei's hot rack to remember.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make sense that they would quickly turn on Littlefinger, sure. I'm just not sure why they wouldn't also have an issue with Sansa since she withheld information concerning the murder of Jon and Lysa for......how long? A year or something? And she was in the room with Lysa when she died. That shit should sound a bit suspicious.

I don't know, maybe they will take issue with it next season. But if that happens we might get a conflict like we saw with Tyrion and Davos.

Davos: LOL, remember when you killed my son?
Tyrion: Haha, oh yeah I did do that didn't I.......awkward. How has this not come up before?
Davos: IDK brah, I was probably too busy checking out Missandei's hot rack to remember.
It would be very easy to say Bran brought confirmation to suspicion.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although it would be cool if after all of this, it turns out that TYRION comes out on top.
This latest hint of betrayal might just be the first step of TYRION fufilling his destiny.

He is definitely going to tilt towards the so-called evil side a bit it looks like in the final season.
But, it might just be him and not the other two obvious choices as being the prophecy winner.

The ultimate winner supposedly will have Targaryen lineage.
And there is some evidence that Tyrione is not actually a Lannister.

His mom was sexually assaulted by the mad king around the same time as Tywin supposedly fathered him.
Even Tywin himself constantly denied that Tyrion could be his son.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't understand why Tyrion cared so much who his Queen decides to bang.

Jamie finally follows the path of good and leaves Cersei behind.

Cersei actually has less honor than the Night King. The Night King could have waited until the war for the seven kingdoms was over to fight whoever was left but he decided to fight the humans at their full strength. Cersei is willing to let the army of the dead divide the army of the living out of pure selfishness.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't understand why Tyrion cared so much who his Queen decides to bang.

Jamie finally follows the path of good and leaves Cersei behind.

Cersei actually has less honor than the Night King. The Night King could have waited until the war for the seven kingdoms was over to fight whoever was left but he decided to fight the humans at their full strength. Cersei is willing to let the army of the dead divide the army of the living out of pure selfishness.
she is ALL ABOUT her family name. If the Lannisters don't survive, then her task is a failure.

Jaime is still trying to repair his name as a kingkiller, which I am sure he will feel shittier about once he learns that Robert's Rebellion was all for a lie.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she is ALL ABOUT her family name. If the Lannisters don't survive, then her task is a failure.

Jaime is still trying to repair his name as a kingkiller, which I am sure he will feel shittier about once he learns that Robert's Rebellion was all for a lie.

I don't think he'll feel shittier about that, since the root cause of the rebellion was not what caused Jaime to kill the king. The king was going to torch the whole city with wildfire, and Jaime killed him to stop that from happening. Sure the rebellion was why he was going to torch the city, but Jaime played no part in it, and was on the king's side of the fight until he stabbed him.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking love the fan art around the books.

693px-Eddard_Jaime_Aerys_Iron_Throne_Room.jpg

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only realized this morning that I don't have to watch the sequel to the movie Frozen whenever it comes out.

I already saw it last night in Winterfell: sisterly love overcomes plotting, kingdom-stealing, male slimeball.

Should have had a cameo from Olaf.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'll feel shittier about that, since the root cause of the rebellion was not what caused Jaime to kill the king. The king was going to torch the whole city with wildfire, and Jaime killed him to stop that from happening. Sure the rebellion was why he was going to torch the city, but Jaime played no part in it, and was on the king's side of the fight until he stabbed him.
I suppose you're right and it won't affect Jaime. He doesn't seem like the bleeding heart type guy anyways. What he has done, is done, and he doesn't regret what he has done.

I think he is likely to be the kinkiller who takes out Cersei though, especially after last night's episode.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except he WAS going to burn KL to the ground. That's why he killed him. He killed him for the RIGHT reasons, not political reasons.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except he WAS going to burn KL to the ground. That's why he killed him. He killed him for the RIGHT reasons, not political reasons.
I stand corrected. I had forgotten the full history around that.

There really is a lot of room for prequals with this world.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, i expect he will double-double-cross Cersei at the end and become a hero again.

He will probably wait until the child is born.

Cersei ultimately wins and appears to be the undisputed Queen with her now infant son as the heir, but Tyrion offs her and becomes the de facto ruler, until the child is old enough...

Cersei will not have another child.... per the prophecy from season 5 episode 1, Cersei will only have 3 children.

Cersei will probably die long before giving birth.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Jon and Dany use for protection:

0fod918l3eiz.jpg

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cersei will not have another child.... per the prophecy from season 5 episode 1, Cersei will only have 3 children.

Cersei will probably die long before giving birth.

Yeah, that's pretty clear then... Perhaps then Tyrion is swayed to aid Cersei out of guilt until the child is lost? Then, his reason for helping her at all is gone, as he made it clear that he has wished her dead more times than he could count.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I don't get about that dragon:The holes in the wings. Why were they there? That thing died due to a stab wound in the chest and was resurrected shortly after. No wing holes.

I get it, they had to make it look dead. But this opens up all sorts of shit because there's no way that thing could fly that well with huge holes in the wings. Yeah, the human wights shouldn't be able to walk without muscles but the implication there is that you have White Walker magic moving the muscles. Fine. That just means that any wight should be able to do what they were able to do when they were alive. So a dragon can fly if a Walker is animating its corpse and allowing the muscles to move.

But then the dragon is still flying because of physics, not magic. So by putting holes in the dragon's wings and allowing it to fly they're saying it's flying due to magic. It can't be due to the animal's muscles being animated and allowing it to use the basic principles of lift, draft, thrust, and weight because it couldn't realistically fly with 10 huge holes in the wings.

That brings up the question: Why can't ALL wights just fly around? It's magic right? Using the logic of the dragon they should all be able to fly over the wall.

One could make an argument that the dead dragon's wings were torn up by sharp ice as it crashed into the ice....or by rocks at the bottom of the lake....or by sharp ice as it's corpse was being salvaged from the water. The holes are really no big deal.... remember....parachutes have holes:

dome-parachute.jpg

Also

Wights are very different than zombies in most fantasy traditions. Zombies are mindless, whereas wights retain some of the skills & abilities from life.

Wights are magical, and are able to do the bidding/follow the orders of their master (unlike a mindless zombie)....and once again.... wights retain some of the skills & abilities they had in real life. So.....if you were able to fly in real life, you can magically fly as a wight. Conversely, if you couldn't fly in real life, then you're not going to be able to fly as a wight.

Last edited:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parachutes have holes to control the flow of air so it can descend, but not too fast.

The dragon wings with all those holes should make it slower and less maneuverable than it's brothers in battle.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dragon wings with all those holes should make it slower and less maneuverable than it's brothers in battle.

Yes.....but....the wight dragon has advantages too. It doesn't need food, water, or rest.... And it will not experience fatigue in battle. It will keep on going and going and going.....doing the bidding of it's master.

Also, a wight dragon will not be affected by adverse weather. But perhaps a regular living dragon will be slowed down a bit by the extreme cold; it's cold-blooded metabolism possibly being reduced.

And speaking of extreme cold.... the Dothraki are in trouble.....unless there happens to be thousands of fur coats conveniently lying in storage in Winterfell...hehe. And... the Dothraki horses are gonna be starving in the north.

Last edited:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But both are giant furnaces.

Anyway, I'm assuming it takes out Rhaegal, and a final battle with Drogon ends the wight dragon.

I only wonder if Drogon survives it.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wights are magical, and are able to do the bidding/follow the orders of their master (unlike a mindless zombie)....and once again.... wights retain some of the skills & abilities they had in real life. So.....if you were able to fly in real life, you can magically fly as a wight. Conversely, if you couldn't fly in real life, then you're not going to be able to fly as a wight.

Eh, that's what I'm trying to say doesn't make sense though given what we know. The magic appears to allow movement of limbs, muscles, bones, etc. So a wight moves the same way it moved when it was alive. It's using magic to move the limbs, but the wight body isn't doing anything outside the laws of physics other than obviously being propelled by magic instead of signals from the brain telling muscles to move.

I guess it does seem as if wights are able to reach the peak performance of whatever they used to be. The wights in episode 6 ran around and surrounded Jon and company pretty easy. They were clearly moving as fast as possible but they weren't moving faster than the bodies were physically capable of moving.

The point is, this seems like basic necromancy. They're reanimating dead bodies. If that's the case then a dragon's ability to fly is still determined by the physical ability of the body to lift itself off the ground. And in that case the holes in the wings make it way harder (if not impossible depending on hole size) to maneuver and get off the ground. If it's flying due to magic allowing it to fly then there's no reason every other dead thing can't fly too.

This is really nitpicking though and it honestly doesn't matter. I just wish they wouldn't have stuck holes in the wings. Would have saved me a lot of time that I've wasted thinking about this. I could have been spending that time getting work done, or finishing my Fuller House Season 3 fanfic.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Theon Greyjoy beach fight...this time vs Superman.

skqIkct.gif