• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the show is 'stupid as shit,' here's an idea, stop watching.

Heh, I kill me.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where was Benjin before his perfect timing appearance? How did he know to show up? Was he hanging out watching the battle? Why not run on the NK and kill him instead if sacrificing himself to save Jon?
What if Jon hadn't come out of the water? What the hell would he have done then?

"Oh shit, guess I missed my chance..."

He had a HUGE opportunity to help when they were fucking fighting an entire army of the dead!

Also, why didn't he hit the dragon that was sitting there right in front of him with the javelin? Why go for the moving target with his Jay Montana arm strength? He wanted to show off?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the show is 'stupid as shit,' here's an idea, stop watching.

Heh, I kill me.
here's an idea

get off your fucking high horse

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, the irony, it buuuuurrrrns.
you don't seem to be able to separate yourself from the source material and just say "what the fuck? How the fuck did they do that?"

And don't play that bullshit "it's a fantasy story" because even fantasy stories have to abide by the laws of physics and have to be good stories. Relying on Dues ex machina is shit.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Montana.

Tony?

4939166-5075448133-20130326111205

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't seem to be able to separate yourself from the source material and just say "what the fuck? How the fuck did they do that?"

And don't play that bullshit "it's a fantasy story" because even fantasy stories have to abide by the laws of physics and have to be good stories. Relying on Dues ex machina is shit.

That's what you don't get. All the stuff you're railing against, is in the interest of making it a good fucking story. That's the WHOLE point.

YRMV, obviously.

Look, we've had this discussion in TWD thread too.

WALKING DEAD is IMPOSSIBLE. The energy to walk has to come FROM SOMEWHERE. The energy to fight has to come FROM SOMEWHERE.

But without that basic fundamental SOD, the story isn't possible.

And yet you get all pissy about the strangest sub details of the Night King's arm-strength, and whether they can forge big chains, when they can't EXIST in the first place.

I'll give you marks though, you didn't bring up the ravens or the whiskey flask. So props for that.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what you don't get. All the stuff you're railing against, is in the interest of making it a good fucking story. That's the WHOLE point.

YRMV, obviously.

Look, we've had this discussion in TWD thread too.

WALKING DEAD is IMPOSSIBLE. The energy to walk has to come FROM SOMEWHERE. The energy to fight has to come FROM SOMEWHERE.

But without that basic fundamental SOD, the story isn't possible.

And yet you get all pissy about the strangest sub details of the Night King's arm-strength, and whether they can forge big chains, when they can't EXIST in the first place.

I'll give you marks though, you didn't bring up the ravens or the whiskey flask. So props for that.
and I stopped watching TWD because it was turning into such a terrible show.

there comes a point where the logic of the story telling NEEDS to make sense. It was one of the downfalls of LOST. LOST. It was something that bothered me immensely in Battlestar.

Write a congruent story that doesn't need bullshit to get you out of a corner.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there comes a point where the logic of the story telling NEEDS to make sense. It was one of the downfalls of LOST. LOST. It was something that bothered me immensely in Battlestar.

I don't hear complaints about foundational logic. I hear 'I could do this so much better.'

I give up on shows too, when it's warranted.

You won't be giving up on this one, all your angsty protestations to the contrary.

Lost. Heh. I gave up on that show somewhere around season two.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hear complaints about foundational logic. I hear 'I could do this so much better.'

I give up on shows too, when it's warranted.

You won't be giving up on this one, all your angsty protestations to the contrary.

Lost. Heh. I gave up on that show somewhere around season two.
I like to see things through. Shows tend to jump the shark at some point and I have to stick with it even if the plot is completely lost or pisses me off.

By the end of Battlestar, I watched because i was hoping the entire ship would blow up and everyone would die. I hated every character on that show.

For Sons of Anarchy, it got so damn out of control that I couldn't wait for them to get to their inevitable ending that everyone already knew.

With this show, they need to get me to want to care. Right now, I am not sure I care.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of their weapons had dragonglass (it was noticeable in Tormund's axe and Jorah's daggers). Jorah killed the bear when he stabbed it with his dragonglass knife.

Dragonglass doesn't kill wights though. It kills White Walkers. Wights really only go down if you chop them up into enough pieces or if you burn them. I think the logic there was that Jorah hit it in the brain. I'm not sure how much sense that makes either though since wights are animated corpses and not living dead zombies.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She was a ghost the entire time! Oooooooooooo

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anyone talk about this but I noticed and in my mind it's an inconsistency within this season's writing. Not a show stopper by any means but it made me wonder nonetheless. Earlier this season they made a point of showing giants (dead humans/wildlings) among the Dead Army. Last night no dead giants except for the bear. Why??? Budget or did the continuity editor have this episode off????

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait, is that how it played out? I think I blocked it all out.
Eh, something like that if I remember correctly. She dies, comes back, and then just disappears right at the end.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anyone talk about this but I noticed and in my mind it's an inconsistency within this season's writing. Not a show stopper by any means but it made me wonder nonetheless. Earlier this season they made a point of showing giants (dead humans/wildlings) among the Dead Army. Last night no dead giants except for the bear. Why??? Budget or did the continuity editor have this episode off????
good point!

guess throwing Giants into the mix would have made it less likely that our heroes would survive.

also why just one roaming polar bear? why weren't there other dead animals wandering around?

Also, wasn't Benjen on an elk before?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, something like that if I remember correctly. She dies, comes back, and then just disappears right at the end.
dammit I hated that show.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can a Night's Watch full sized warhorse carry 2 people?

Can a door from the Titanic float 2 people?

Deep questions...

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good point!

guess throwing Giants into the mix would have made it less likely that our heroes would survive.

also why just one roaming polar bear? why weren't there other dead animals wandering around?

Also, wasn't Benjen on an elk before?
Good point about one bear. It's like they want us to at least think the Night King had a plan to lore the dragons North so he could kill one. Otherwise why only send one bear and not a pack at the heroes???

I don't remember the elk. He was on a horse when he meet/rescued Bran last season, I think.