• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Jamie really meant that there were 3 people that he knew that could've beat him. More like admitting that he was very good and maybe on a few could best him. He does probably think Barristan would be one of them, but I don't think we've actually met any others that would be better (books or show) and still alive when Jamie mentions this. Obviously Dane would have been better than either Jamie or Barristan, but not alive when Jamie said it. So it's more of offering the possibility that others may be better, but very few.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he was talking about Selmy and the Clegane brothers.

Oberyn Martell might have been able to give him a good fight as long as he didn't let his emotions get the better of him like he did against The Mountain. Pretty sure he would not have been one of the guys Jaime was talking about though. On the show Jaime didn't seem to have any idea how good Oberyn was until the trial by combat.

It was common knowledge that Jorah Mormont was exiled from the 7 Kingdoms when he made that statement so don't think it would have been him. Not sure if he would have been a contender anyway.

I don't think Syrio Forrel was a house hold name in Westeros.

Thoros of Myr, Loras Tyrell, and Alliser Thorne are a few dark horse contenders. I can't really think of anyone else.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he was talking about Selmy and the Clegane brothers.

Oberyn Martell might have been able to give him a good fight as long as he didn't let his emotions get the better of him like he did against The Mountain. Pretty sure he would not have been one of the guys Jaime was talking about though. On the show Jaime didn't seem to have any idea how good Oberyn was until the trial by combat.

It was common knowledge that Jorah Mormont was exiled from the 7 Kingdoms when he made that statement so don't think it would have been him. Not sure if he would have been a contender anyway.

I don't think Syrio Forrel was a house hold name in Westeros.

Thoros of Myr, Loras Tyrell, and Alliser Thorne are a few dark horse contenders. I can't really think of anyone else.
I thought of Oberyn, but was he a swordsman, or a pikeman? He fought the Mountain with a pike.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought of Oberyn, but was he a swordsman, or a pikeman? He fought the Mountain with a pike.

Not a master swordsman as far as I know. I don't recall the exact quote and if it specified swordsman or not. Jaime of course would have been using a sword but perhaps not necessarily his opponent. Either way he wasn't talking about Oberyn since he didn't seem to be very familiar with him,

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't noticed, the Night King actor was changed last season due to scheduling conflicts with the original Night King actor Richard Brake. Brake portrayed the Night King in Seasons 4 & 5, and Vladimir Furdik portrayed him in Seasons 6 & 7.

chitxdazhnwx.jpg

Some of you may recognize Richard Brake from Batman Begins...his character killed Bruce Wayne's parents.

7730031.jpg

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere in past seasons, Jamie was telling Brienne that there was maybe only three people that could best him with a sword. (Obviously before he lost his hand)

Anyone know who the three people he was talking about?
Arthur Dayne, Barrastan the Bold and Gerold Hightower. Jamie always considered Dayne the GOAT

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter if Rhaegar actually married Lyanna Stark?
If he did, Jon is the rightful heir and not a bastard, creating a conflict with Daenerys. he likely doesn't care about that and isn't interested in the iron throne.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does the scroll given to Littlefinger say?