• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't the trend that usually the 8th episode in every season is their big episode?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the recap that HBO put out last night. It reinforced for me that all these great scenes that we love so much (red wedding, battle o' bastards, joffrey poisoned etc etc) are only that powerful because of all the little scenes that come before them. We celebrate Joffrey's demise so much because we watch him order Trant to punch Sansa in the gut (but leave her face). We watch him humiliate his uncle. There's so many great scenes, but the groundwork for them is laid through all those moments that come before.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't the trend that usually the 8th episode in every season is their big episode?

I had noticed it was the 9th.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Game of Thrones had Facebook:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beer and roasted chicken time Sunday Night. Can't wait!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I'll watch Game of Thrones... but I'm not putting a lot of faith or enthusiasm into HBO after cheating me out of my Natalie Dormer walk of shame.
man, I forgot how much that scene pissed me off. I hated how they killed literally that entire storyline by blowing everyone up. What a fucking cop out.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, I forgot how much that scene pissed me off. I hated how they killed literally that entire storyline by blowing everyone up. What a fucking cop out.

I'm confused, why is that a 'cop-out?'

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused, why is that a 'cop-out?'
I just felt like that was a shitty way to end the Tyrell storyline in King's Landing. I know it is GRRM's style to kill characters off when you are expecting something big, but this felt like the show trying to pull a GRRM and failing. It wasn't done well, IMO.

I see it as a storyline that was dragging on and on and they had nothing they could do with it, so they killed it all. I thought that was BS. They couldn't operate outside of GRRM's book so they just fucked it up.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just felt like that was a shitty way to end the Tyrell storyline in King's Landing. I know it is GRRM's style to kill characters off when you are expecting something big, but this felt like the show trying to pull a GRRM and failing. It wasn't done well, IMO.

I see it as a storyline that was dragging on and on and they had nothing they could do with it, so they killed it all. I thought that was BS. They couldn't operate outside of GRRM's book so they just fucked it up.

I'm even more confused now, you're saying that Benioff and Weiss went off script and changed substantially how the book is going to play out?

Now to be clear, it's VERY possible that the major share of the Tyrell House will die in the books, but in a different manner, the TV show by nature HAS to condense.

So while they may change some details, (Mance Rayder is alive in the books), it's quite likely that Mance's days are numbered in the books too.

At any rate, how is the increasingly isolated and de-fanged Cersei going to pull off her coup? It's not like they didn't foreshadow the wildfire over and over and over again in the books.

What I'm curious about is how they're going to manage to have Cersei have any military power at all going forward. Who's left to fight for her?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just felt sloppy to me. I expect GRRM to do a better job in the books.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just felt sloppy to me. I expect GRRM to do a better job in the books.
Do you know for certain that grrm didnt tell them the temple for going to be blown up by cersei?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see where you're coming from, they've been wrapping up a lot of plot lines lately by just offing people in ways that seem rushed or just down right silly. I think they're just trying to end a lot of the side stories so they can focus on the end game with only 14 episodes left. I'm pretty confident we'll get a better resolution to things in the books, although GRRM probably does need to get the ball rolling on these last two books if he wants to get them out before 2030 so maybe he just starts offing all the B characters like crazy too.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where you're coming from, they've been wrapping up a lot of plot lines lately by just offing people in ways that seem rushed or just down right silly. I think they're just trying to end a lot of the side stories so they can focus on the end game with only 14 episodes left. I'm pretty confident we'll get a better resolution to things in the books, although GRRM probably does need to get the ball rolling on these last two books if he wants to get them out before 2030 so maybe he just starts offing all the B characters like crazy too.
I heard a rumor that he is going to announce the release of Winds of Winter Sunday at the season premiere. That would be TITS.

and yea, I can see that being a reason to wrap it up. In the other thread about what is the best GoT episodes I was kind of complaining about how I didn't get to experience what non-book readers experienced in the Red Wedding or when Ned died, so maybe that scene was my "oh my God, did they just do that" moment for the show since it isn't "spoiled" by the books.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know for certain that grrm didnt tell them the temple for going to be blown up by cersei?
I heard the only involvement George has with the show anymore is sending index cards filled with dick jokes to the writers.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he may have helped, I dunno.

I don't see that being how he resolves the Tyrell storyline in the books though. I can see him giving them a zig and he is going to zag in the next book. I would be cool with that.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HBO's official new recap promo:

For comparison, a fan rap recap:

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching some eps before the new season tonight (specifically Battle of the Bastards) and it got me thinking, why did no one ever think to outfit Wun Wun (or any giant before that) with some type of armor? He took a shitton of arrows wearing basic clothes and kept going. If he had any semblance of protection, even if it was just multiple layers of clothing but especially with actual armor, he'd be damn near unstoppable. Fucking Jon Snow. He knows nothing

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching some eps before the new season tonight (specifically Battle of the Bastards) and it got me thinking, why did no one ever think to outfit Wun Wun (or any giant before that) with some type of armor? He took a shitton of arrows wearing basic clothes and kept going. If he had any semblance of protection, even if it was just multiple layers of clothing but especially with actual armor, he'd be damn near unstoppable. Fucking Jon Snow. He knows nothing

Wouldn't matter. Wun Wun would have died anyway because the only armor that matters is plot armor. On this show, real armor is meaningless: remember shirtless Ramsay fighting off 50 armor-clad Ironborn?