• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Day in Waco for OU vs Baylor

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU vs Baylor, 7 PM next Saturday in Waco.

Let's get it started!

BFS, BABY!~

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's mother fuckin do this shit!!! I promise you the boys are gonna be fired up. Shep wants him a piece.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm off that night!

I'm gonna get so drunk.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somebody's job is on the line this weekend :whistle:

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to get a good feeling about this.....Sooners have been looking real good, an dlooks like they are starting to hit the stride at the right time.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common opponets...

WVU
OU 44-24 (Oct 3)
BU 62-38 (Oct 17)

K -State
OU 55-0 (Oct 17)
Baylor 31-24 (Nov 5)

ISU
OU 52-16 (Nov 7th)
BU 45-27 (Oct 24)

Texas Tech
OU 63-27 (Oct 24)
BU 63-35 (Oct 3rd)

Kansas
OU 62-7 (Oct 31)
BU 66-7 (Oct 10)

I have been saying OU is playing some good ball. Offense and Defense have been solid. The important thing about the Sooners I have been seeing is improvement in techniques like how a simple placement of the foot, a first step or breaking down can help with tackling, coverage, blocking, route running, ect....

As we go into the gauntlet of the schedule, it will get tough but the Sooners seem to be getting better and better as the season goes. IMO, this was an issue that I had in the past....the players didn't seem to get better as the season went along. That looks like it's not the case anymore.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somewhere goldbug is laughing at all of us and our cautious optimism.

Are you kidding me? I'm cautiously optimistic about Baylor and flat ass expect us to beat TCU after seeing the season unfold to this point. My concern is Jr. in Stillwater where we aren't going to get a call all night.......especially if they are still undefeated. It will be like spotting them 10 points. We need to start fast against Baylor and keep rolling. That's the key. If we are playing it close we'll be in trouble. Remember: the officiating this year in college football sucks bad. And OU never gets the benefit of close calls. We all know that. I don't want close calls in a tight game with (undefeated) Baylor either.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck! Goldbug is on board!!! We're gonna win!!!!!

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its going to be determined by a few things.

1) Our D just needs to continue to do what we've been doing and keep BU under 35 pts. Stopping their run game will be imperative. We're not going to shut down Coleman.

2) Our O needs to continue what we've been doing and put up numbers. Might not get 52+, but I think 45 will suffice. We need to look at Andrews, Flowers, Brooks and those other than the expected(Perine, Mixon, Shepard).

3) We will need a few turnovers to go our way. I have pretty much given up on Ross running one back this season. Our return team just doesn't want to give him the blocks to bust one. Force fumbles, sacks and a few picks.

4) From a coaching stand point, we just need to do what we've been doing since the UT debacle. Not sure why we coached such an awful game in the RRR, but we seem to have corrected that so lets just not change whats been working!

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Check!

2. Check!

3. Check!

4. Check!

stopping the run is going to be the most important thing to me. pressure on Stidham is also extremely important so when he has to throw because the run game isn't working, force him into the mistakes a frosh is going to do under pressure.

I think the offense is going to be just fine. this is not last years or even the year before's offense by any means.

Andrews and Flowers have got to have the ball in their hands as you say, no doubt.

Mix it up. too bad they didn't save the flea flicker for this week, LOL!~

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see our D line use the stunts they did in the Sugar Bowl against Bama. That was very successful and I think it would work against BU as well. Pressure on Stidham is imperative, as you stated Wheat. We can't give him time to air mail it to Coleman all night. We have to stop the run, as they run it about 70% of the time. Hope Sanchez is back and has a banner game. Might even have to figure a way to get Sanchez, JT and Austin all in the game at the same time. All have looked good.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see a hook and ladder play this season when we need it the most. Watch this video about Sooner Magic against Nebraska. You can start at the 1:38 mark and see a cool halfback pass. You will recognize the names of the players who complete that play. And then the Sooners run the hook and ladder to perfection to win the game. With our talent I can't for the life of me see why we couldn't run this same play.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob can jump up and win this game and prove to the world he's not a "has been" or he can fold up like a cheap card table.

Beating 4 bad teams in a row doesn't mean shit.
If we lay down like pussies after Baylor punches us in the mouth like the last 2 years, it will be obvious early on.
I think this team is different, but we also lost to the worst Texas team in 50 years.

Baylor hasn't really been tested this year and that's a huge advantage for us.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OU wins this game they have a good chance to beat TCU , and JR. so one game at a time , and bob never runs the scores up on to many teams so i am just want to win the next three games. and this could be a great year for OU. I live in boise idaho so i have to put up with a lot of shit about OU . i have OU flag on my house every saturday.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OU wins this game they have a good chance to beat TCU , and JR. so one game at a time , and bob never runs the scores up on to many teams so i am just want to win the next three games. and this could be a great year for OU. I live in boise idaho so i have to put up with a lot of shit about OU . i have OU flag on my house every saturday.

I think Bob let the offense run the score up if he gets the chance in this one. He knows looking utterly dominant from here on out is his only chance to get in the CFP.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bob let the offense run the score up if he gets the chance in this one. He knows looking utterly dominant from here on out is his only chance to get in the CFP.

I hope you are right i wood like to see it .