• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GAME 6: PREDICTION:WVU @ Texas Tech

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game two years ago bring back haunting memories. Look for this to be a shootout. I think the Mountaineers extract some revenge on Tech, but expect Tech to put up their points at home.

WVU 56
Texas Tech 42

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the defense proves it has improved....I look for TRech to put up points but no where near what we are able to put up...

WVU 49
TTech 27

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't even been close all year, but here goes: WVU 35 TT 16

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predict Davis will end his slump against WVU. It seems to always happen. Davis has been throwing INT's like crazy.

The Bama FG kicker went 4/4 against us. He's 1/4 in his last two games... to include 1/3 in their loss to Ole Miss last week.

Karma?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is a pivotal game. Losses the last two years were followed by our seasons falling apart. I look at this game and not the Maryland game anymore as our barometer and the predictor of the rest of the season.

WVU wins bowl game
WVU wins big-Top 4 conference finish
WVU blows out compete for conference crown
WVU loses- no bowl

WVU 43 TT 17

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is a pivotal game. Losses the last two years were followed by our seasons falling apart. I look at this game and not the Maryland game anymore as our barometer and the predictor of the rest of the season.

WVU wins bowl game
WVU loses- no bowl

WVU 43 TT 17

:10:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVU wins bowl game
WVU loses- no bowl

WVU 43 TT 17

:agree: this is a pivotal game for WVU I think we win a close one 35-31, a lot on the line, let's hope our team reacts better than last year when character defining games loomed.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st half in the can and all I can say is..... WTF? :doh:

Did we ship in last years defense? We can't stop these guys on the run and other than the interception, pretty much passing at will. WVU offense cannot get much going at all. Of course, the inconsistent TT defense is having their "Game of the Season" against us. But our play calling is helping a lot.

In the 1st QTR - every series.... pass 1st down, run second down. Then pass on 3rd and long. Not very hard for the defense to know what to do when you are this predictable. At least they mixed it up in the 2nd qtr and started running 1st. But still - unable to sustain drives. Too much pressure and our receivers seem incapable of getting open.

And again - what about the clock management on the last drive of the half. 58 seconds and 3 time outs and WTF were they doing? :L Mind-boggling!! Guess no one thought we should at least try to score when down 21 - 10. Guess they were afraid of points going the other way.

I guess we continue to play down to our competion. Play well against the good and play down to the less than better teams. Barring a complete turnaround and a dominating 2nd half - I see a loss here. Our hopes for the season do not look good. We still have Baylor, OK St, K St, TX and TCU to go. If we can't beat TT - I see us dropping 4 out of those 5. 2 more wins possible.