• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 4 - Virginia Tech at Marshall

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we really need to step it up. we arent putting teams away this season aside from FCS appy state. we play clemson next week, things need to change big time on the offensive side of the ball.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
we really need to step it up. we arent putting teams away this season aside from FCS appy state. we play clemson next week, things need to change big time on the offensive side of the ball.

Clemson and GT both scare the hell out of me right now. Our defense should be able to slow down clemson some but our offense will have to step up in a big way for us to win the game.

Im starting to think that we need to play JO more often, he can see the hole, hits with no hesitation, and finishes every strong every chance we get. No doubt that DW is our feature back, but i'd have no prob giving JO a few more chances.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, what do yall think the chances are that danny coale surpasses boykin as the all-time leader in receptions for us? logan thomas is definitely targeting danny a lot. as of right now he is 10 catches behind boykin if you include his 7 catches today.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They are flat out picking on Bonner!!! Can we not get Hill or one of the other CB's to slide in there?

I'd put Leal in here. IMO it would be good to get him a series before ACC play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, bonner did not look very good at all. they were definitely picking on him. big game from jr collins, 3 sacks. thought the front 7 was outstanding today. we still need to improve offensively considerably if we want to win the ACC. thomas played ok, his accuracy is improving, but he doesnt scare any defenses at this point. clemson will stack the box and make him beat them, and at this point im not sure he can do that.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT is really good on 5-15 yard passes but the long ball eludes him. Clemson may be able to slow the run without committing as many guys so throwing it may be harder. If that is the case I also see DW breaking some longer runs since they wouldn't be stacking the line so much. I couldn't see if our WRs just weren't getting separation or if LT was just late on the reads and missed his windows so couldn't throw it. He was standing back there for a long time often looking around. OL pass blocked well that being said.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He had a 20-30 yard run to the left on the play he threw the pick. He is doing pretty good with his arm(still some throws he'd like to have back), but he needs to pick up the easy yards with his feet.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Logan has a hard time finding open receivers. I know there are plays where the D just locks down, but I can't remember how many times he had all day to throw and ended up throwing a bad pass towards the sideline. There has got to be someone running free over the middle of the field on those plays. Someone already touched on this, but JO really looked like he was seeing the holes better today. From my perspective, DW is being too impatient and he ends up running into the OL instead of running behind them.

Other than that (and of course, the SPECIAL teams), we looked solid today. defense is going to carry us next weekend if we are going to have any chance.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DW is being too impatient and he ends up running into the OL instead of running behind them.

Same thing on his kick-off returns. Today he had good lanes open up to the right or left and he ran straight into the pile. I think he believes he should be scoring every time he touches the ball, and he's getting frustrated with plays that don't work well. Shane, maybe with the help of Coach Hite, needs to pull Wilson aside and have a little talk about being too impatient.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, what a big game next weekend!

Any chance Gameday comes instead of heading to Nebraska-Wiscy?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fears from what I saw in the first 3 games have all been confirmed after today's game. We're going to struggle a heck of a lot more in ACC play than we should. We're probably looking at 3, maybe 4 losses now.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several injuries. Should we be worried? Especially Hosley.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DarrylSlater Darryl Slater
Per Tech spokesman, CB Jayron Hosley just had a blister on his foot that broke open, so he is fine. That's why Bonner was in the game.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fears from what I saw in the first 3 games have all been confirmed after today's game. We're going to struggle a heck of a lot more in ACC play than we should. We're probably looking at 3, maybe 4 losses now.

I disagree whole heartily. Clemson looks good and GT does as well but I don't think we will lose both of them or either right now. Neither are great on defense and our offense is getting better.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DarrylSlater Darryl Slater
Per Tech spokesman, CB Jayron Hosley just had a blister on his foot that broke open, so he is fine. That's why Bonner was in the game.

Good news. What about Marcus Davis? We cant keep losing WR's.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree whole heartily. Clemson looks good and GT does as well but I don't think we will lose both of them or either right now. Neither are great on defense and our offense is getting better.

I didn't say we'd lose, I mean we're looking at them as in potential losses. Going into the season, I was thinking 1 loss possibly even undefeated. However, as the season's progressed, I now think 3 to 4 losses is a real probability.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't say we'd lose, I mean we're looking at them as in potential losses. Going into the season, I was thinking 1 loss possibly even undefeated. However, as the season's progressed, I now think 3 to 4 losses is a real probability.

Let's be real. Every single game is a potential loss. No game is a gimmee. Otherwise, everyone would just mail in their scores and there would be no need to actually play the games.