• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 4 - Virginia Tech at Marshall

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real. Every single game is a potential loss. No game is a gimmee. Otherwise, everyone would just mail in their scores and there would be no need to actually play the games.

And you could go outside tomorrow and get hit by lightning. Your point?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree whole heartily. Clemson looks good and GT does as well but I don't think we will lose both of them or either right now. Neither are great on defense and our offense is getting better.

I'm with you Nick..Not sure where you are thinking the losses will come from Wild Turkey. Yes, Some improvement has to be made but it looks to me that our defense gets after it, puts pressure on the QB and running game. If our secondary can hold off the big play our defense alone will give us an opportunity to win EVERY game. Now if our Offense can get it going, I still don't see anyone outside of GT giving us a major scare.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this. I don't feel super confident about VT's chances this Saturday, but I also remember the last time Clemson came to Lane. We were coming off back-to-back losses to Georgia Tech and BC and then a win over Southern Miss. Clemson came in ranked 10th and were running wild with James Davis and C.J. Spiller. It was also a night game at Lane (a Thursday I believe). We had an electric atmosphere and completely shut down SPiller nad Davis en route to a 24-7 win.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this. I don't feel super confident about VT's chances this Saturday, but I also remember the last time Clemson came to Lane. We were coming off back-to-back losses to Georgia Tech and BC and then a win over Southern Miss. Clemson came in ranked 10th and were running wild with James Davis and C.J. Spiller. It was also a night game at Lane (a Thursday I believe). We had an electric atmosphere and completely shut down SPiller nad Davis en route to a 24-7 win.

LOL, I posted this before I saw the Clemson game thread, where this has already been discussed. My bad.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Didnt clemson score on their opening drive, then our D completely shut davis, spiller, and the rec core down for the rest of the game? meanwhile brandon ore rushed for close to 200?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IMO we are going to be in some very tight ball games this year, im not going to guess a record but i dont see us breezing through the ACC part of the schedule. Our defense will win us some games this year but they have yet to be tested against a good balanced offense, Logan has made some huge strides but is still a fr., DW is an athletic marvel but isnt finding yards/TD come very easy, the OL is great at pass blocking but lacks the ass to move a man in the run game, and dont forget injuries. Dont get me wrong we have a lot in our favor also, the schedule, the experience of our staff, and imo LT, DW, or both could find a rhythm at some point and become world beaters.

FWIW at this point i see 4 very winnable games on the schedule and four toss ups.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you remember Ohio State never blew anyone away in their NC run in 2002

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DarrylSlater Darryl Slater
After grading Marshall film, Mike O'Cain made note of the fact that L. Thomas was 12 for 12 when asked to make check at line. Good progress.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
:LI deserve to be neg'd for calling LT a FR a few post up, :ranger:i meant to say first year starter.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DarrylSlater Darryl Slater
After grading Marshall film, Mike O'Cain made note of the fact that L. Thomas was 12 for 12 when asked to make check at line. Good progress.

That is a great stat. It means he is recognizing the defenses and making the right decisions. LT does a good job of not doing stupid things early when the games are close.