• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 4: Anaheim Ducks @ Los Angeles Kings, 5/10 6:30 PM, NBCSN

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen a squad get as many shots blocked at the point than the Kings do.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Quick?

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I didn't hear anything about it, what did happen?

Gibson played solid, he was on his angles and he was really seeing the puck tonight. The Ducks D weren't really all that challenged IMO because they seemed to always have a nice little triangle formation right in front of Gibson and the Kings stayed on the outside a lot of the time. They need to do some serious passing drills also because that was a slop fest.

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Quick?

nothing. It was a message to the team. Play fucking better in front of your goalie. Problem was the Ducks jumped out to a 2-0 lead and did EXACTLY what the Kings did in game 2. Turtle and ride the storm. Anaheim DID NOT GET A SHOT IN THE 2ND PERIOD. But outside of maybe 1 or 2 chances, at no point were the Kings dangerous.

This team made me drink liberally at the bar tonight. Assholes.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just home from the game and extremely disappointed in the effort I saw on the ice. With a 2-0 blanking you would think the Kings got outplayed something horrible. Not the case at all. The Ducks didn't do anything special but then they didn't have to after the Kings handed them the 2-0 lead in the first period.

No front of the net presence for the Kings at all. Yeah Gibson played solid but the Kings made his job far too easy. He probably had tougher games playing in Norfolk. Every Kings offensive effort with the rare exception of maybe 3 times was 1 shot and back out of the zone. Add to that the power play looked atrocious at best. Then their passing was even worse. I'm not sure I saw 3 passes in a row connect all night long.

I think they're still resting on their laurels from the San Jose series. They had better wake the F up or the Ducks are going to be the ones going on the the Western Conference Finals. And not because they're that much better a team than the Kings. Oh well that's how I see it anyway.

Ox