• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 3 vs Rays! Lets Go Rangers!!

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree but Oliver should not see the mound again. Adams maybe i could allow for nerves and cut him some slack

Ogando should have been out there to start the inning. I'm fine with Oliver as a situational lefty but not as the 7th inning guy. It felt like Washington was just trying to get through the game without having to use our best pitchers when we were up 4-1.

MelonCabron

Bastardo Magnifico
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i agree but Oliver should not see the mound again. Adams maybe i could allow for nerves and cut him some slack

Problem is if it's nerves, Adams claimed "nerves" the first outing with the Rangers when he gave up a homer and lost it.

Dude's gotta rise up and not walk 3 guys in one inning. I mean, that was lucky they didn't capitalize.

The Yankees wouldn't be so forgiving.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Never doubt Cobra's playoff metal again! What a stud! Wash, in the future just role with AlexK and Feliz. The rest will need to prove that they deserve it. I wanted to see Lewis start the 7th and then pull if he got into trouble and go straight to Ogando -> Adams -> Feliz. I understand why he went with Oliver (bunch of lefties, but I think Gonzo is better against lefties than him). Oh well, we won - thank God! The bullpen is getting a chance to understand what the playoffs is about, so hopefully we build up as a team and press forward! One more to go!!

MelonCabron

Bastardo Magnifico
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Never doubt Cobra's playoff metal again! What a stud! Wash, in the future just role with AlexK and Feliz. The rest will need to prove that they deserve it. I wanted to see Lewis start the 7th and then pull if he got into trouble and go straight to Ogando -> Adams -> Feliz. I understand why he went with Oliver (bunch of lefties, but I think Gonzo is better against lefties than him). Oh well, we won - thank God! The bullpen is getting a chance to understand what the playoffs is about, so hopefully we build up as a team and press forward! One more to go!!

Agreed on Lewis. Just saw this stat: In the fourth inning, Colby Lewis struck out Matt Joyce and Johnny Damon after going to a 3-0 count. Entering Monday, he struck out just two hitters all season after going to a 3-0 count.

That's rising up right there. One hit them through six. Damn impressive.

If we get him on a roll, plus Holland and C.J. gets back, that would be sweeeet.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ogando should have been out there to start the inning. I'm fine with Oliver as a situational lefty but not as the 7th inning guy. It felt like Washington was just trying to get through the game without having to use our best pitchers when we were up 4-1.

+1 all the way and I'll add this: if Ogando comes in blazin' you leave him in until it's Feliz time. Last year in the playoffs he proved he could pitch multiple dominant shutdown innings. I'm glad we him in the bullpen. Wash made a GREAT call starting Lewis and we'll see how Matt performs tomorrow. I have a really good feeling he'll shine tomorrow. He's been stout to close the season.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is if it's nerves, Adams claimed "nerves" the first outing with the Rangers when he gave up a homer and lost it.

Dude's gotta rise up and not walk 3 guys in one inning. I mean, that was lucky they didn't capitalize.

The Yankees wouldn't be so forgiving.

Adam's doing something he's never done, pitch in the playoffs

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we win this series then Mike Napoli is the series MVP. How crazy is that! Just a little more salt in the Angels wounds.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also thought Colby should have came out for the 7th inning. If one of the first two guys got one I would have pulled him for Ogando. I think the issue may have been the long top of the 7th. I'm not sure exactly how long it was but it was at least 30 minutes. They could have been concerned about him sitting for two long and coming out cold. Which I can understand that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed on Lewis. Just saw this stat: In the fourth inning, Colby Lewis struck out Matt Joyce and Johnny Damon after going to a 3-0 count. Entering Monday, he struck out just two hitters all season after going to a 3-0 count.

That's rising up right there. One hit them through six. Damn impressive.

If we get him on a roll, plus Holland and C.J. gets back, that would be sweeeet.

Yea, those two at-bats were incredibly ballsy (much like Ogando/Feliz's performance today). I wanted to see how he'd react after the HR and at first i didn't look too good with the walk and 3-0 to Longoria, but stepped up big time thereafter.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam's doing something he's never done, pitch in the playoffs

How quickly people forget what a great job he did in game 2.

Once Adams got settled in from the trade he has been money for us all season, and one of you guys has the balls to call him out for saying it was nerves? This was the highest pressure spot Adams had ever pitched in, and I don't doubt his nerves were all over the place. I wouldn't hesitate to go to him again in the 8th, just maybe on a short leash.

I really hope we don't need him, Feliz, or Ogando tomorrow unless we have a lead because if they pitch again tomorrow they will be exhausted, and we all know Feliz doesn't usually pitch well in his 3rd consecutive day.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nerves? Hell, he's damn lucky he didn't give up another dinger the other night at RBiA. I'm not sure where anybody got the idea that this guy is one of the best set up guys in baseball. He sure hasn't shown it since he's been a Ranger.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nerves? Hell, he's damn lucky he didn't give up another dinger the other night at RBiA. I'm not sure where anybody got the idea that this guy is one of the best set up guys in baseball. He sure hasn't shown it since he's been a Ranger.

Like Hell.... He's had a couple of blunders but the guy has been money for the most part. Look at his numbers, even since coming over here.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How quickly people forget what a great job he did in game 2.

Once Adams got settled in from the trade he has been money for us all season, and one of you guys has the balls to call him out for saying it was nerves? This was the highest pressure spot Adams had ever pitched in, and I don't doubt his nerves were all over the place. I wouldn't hesitate to go to him again in the 8th, just maybe on a short leash.

I really hope we don't need him, Feliz, or Ogando tomorrow unless we have a lead because if they pitch again tomorrow they will be exhausted, and we all know Feliz doesn't usually pitch well in his 3rd consecutive day.

Whole team had Sunday off..... it would just be his 2nd consecutive day...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't lost faith in Adams, everyone has their tough innings.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole team had Sunday off..... it would just be his 2nd consecutive day...

Oh yeah. Bring em' all on tomorrow if needed then. Let's close this thing out and get our guys another day's rest.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Harrison/Niemann tomorrow? I like that match-up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harrison closed the season out really well. He's also had a little extra rest since his last start. I think we'll see him pitching like an ace tomorrow.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niemann is definitely the most hittable of their pitchers for our line-up. Tampa should be worried, if it goes 5 games I don't think they expect CJ to pitch poorly again, nor should they expect Moore to dominate our line-up 2 games in a row, especially in that big of a game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niemann is definitely the most hittable of their pitchers for our line-up. Tampa should be worried, if it goes 5 games I don't think they expect CJ to pitch poorly again, nor should they expect Moore to dominate our line-up 2 games in a row, especially in that big of a game.

I really do not want to get the series back to facing Moore. I agree I don't think he will dominate our lineup like that again, and CJ won't pitch like crap again, but his stuff is better than anyone else's on their team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Nope, Maddon is a good manager. We've lit up Niemann like a Christmas tree. They'll pitch Hellickson. Hopefully, Matt will shut them down and the offense can open up with a big game. I look forward to seeing Murph back in there, too.