• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future Opponents? Michigan, Auburn, Arky, Penn State...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a cartoon that accurately depicts what happened in the Sugar Bowl you'd have a beat-down, bloody, puffed up wolverine made up of mostly hair crawling past a Giant Ass killer Hokie bird slipping in its own shit

That's pretty damned funny fooz. Rep!

Don't get used to it..

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's all in the final score (if the score was determined by following basic football rules).

408035_304314322944590_100000980737462_918082_2020746220_n.jpg

FIFY.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This asshole is the primary reason VT lost to Michigan....it may be a loss in the record books, but I take pride knowing VT whipped Michigan up and down the field all game.

Screenshot7.jpg

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This asshole is the primary reason VT lost to Michigan....it may be a loss in the record books, but I take pride knowing VT whipped Michigan up and down the field all game.

Screenshot7.jpg

We should have seen it coming. The precedent was set when they f'ed up Hosley's INT. I don't know exactly what the rules are but it SHOULD be that only when the ground aids in the catch, it's a non-catch. The ground did not aid either one

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan and Auburn seem like good opponents. I'd like to see UGA as well if only because Athens is a pretty sweet place to drink.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan, Auburn, Arkansas. All good options.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanna play the Vols every year at Bristol Motor Speedway. Even with the tower, it can and could still happen. Got TONS of UT friends that want it to happen as well. Though many have seemed hesitant because they know they would get beat right now. UT won't agree to it until their team is in a more competitive state. Not only would it be so great for both schools in terms of money, experience, passion, etc but it would also be the new worlds biggest cocktail party, and reflect well on both schools across the college football landscape. Being able to play in the most highly attended football game of all time, and it becomes a yearly event is pretty special. And who knows.... Could be an inter divisional conference battle here before too long.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michigan, Auburn, Arkansas. All good options.

I'd be good with Tennessee or Georgia as well.

All solid, high-profile teams.

Michigan in New Orleans was awesome. I have to say, their fans were great. New Orleans with VT and Michigan colors all over the place was really awesome, though I wasn't much in the mood to party after that game. It wasn't so much the loss as the feeling that VT was robbed.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have to admit, I was worried that given the number of reported ticket sales for the Sugar Bowl, VT would be outnumbered in the stadium by Michigan, but it didn't seem that way at all. It really did seem like both teams were well represented.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've always said that I would like one premier team (top 5/10), one really good team (top 25) and two good teams (ECU caliber) as an OOC slate. Even if we can get Penn St or the other teams linked, while they may not be what I want ranking wise, they do carry some weight from name alone.

Nobody plays an OOC schedule like that on a consistent basis. We tried that in 2009 and it was too hard on the team. It made the team better in the end, but it killed any chance of playing in a BCS bowl. You'll probably see two cupcakes/mid level games and a great OOC opponent with the 9 ACC games.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody plays an OOC schedule like that on a consistent basis. We tried that in 2009 and it was too hard on the team. It made the team better in the end, but it killed any chance of playing in a BCS bowl. You'll probably see two cupcakes/mid level games and a great OOC opponent with the 9 ACC games.

With these schedules made years in advance, you never know if the opponent is going to be a mid-level or top 15 opponent when the game gets around to being played. VT has managed to schedule top notch OOC teams in recent years and play them when they are at their best....USC(2004), LSU(2007), Alabama(2009)....and the Boise team we played in 2010 was probably the best team Boise's ever had.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With these schedules made years in advance, you never know if the opponent is going to be a mid-level or top 15 opponent when the game gets around to being played. VT has managed to schedule top notch OOC teams in recent years and play them when they are at their best....USC(2004), LSU(2007), Alabama(2009)....and the Boise team we played in 2010 was probably the best team Boise's ever had.

True, but you are going to know that playing Alabama in a one game, neutral field is going to be tough with Nebraska in the same season. When I say mid-level, I meant teams in conference USA, MAC, etc. Pitt and Cincy may be looked at as mid-level teams, but they are still technically in a BCS conference. Plus VT knew how good USC, Alabama, and Boise St were going to be because those games were scheduled as one game series in which it wasn't planned years in advance. I think those games are great when the OOC is down, but I doubt you ever see VT schedule a game like that with Nebraska, ECU, and Marshall already on the schedule. Unless of course the money is too good to turn down, which it usually is.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Boise game and the Alabama game were both scheduled just one year in advance. It wasn't a mystery those teams would be good.

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, had that Boise game stayed in October as originally scheduled, we would have likely won. The D had some seasoning by that point. I still remember 2 of the linebackers (Gibson and Taylor?) looking at each other and talking in confusion as the ball was snapped and Doug Martin ran for that long TD. That breakdown would not have happened in game #5.

I would love to see us play any SEC team or Michigan from that list.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a rematch versus Boise, as well as michigan. But people give VT shit for having such an easy OOC schedule, and I've never understood that. EVERYONE schedules easier opponents early on. Ours isn't different than any of the top programs

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, had that Boise game stayed in October as originally scheduled, we would have likely won. The D had some seasoning by that point. I still remember 2 of the linebackers (Gibson and Taylor?) looking at each other and talking in confusion as the ball was snapped and Doug Martin ran for that long TD. That breakdown would not have happened in game #5.

I would love to see us play any SEC team or Michigan from that list.

Welcome to the board! How did you find us?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but you are going to know that playing Alabama in a one game, neutral field is going to be tough with Nebraska in the same season. When I say mid-level, I meant teams in conference USA, MAC, etc. Pitt and Cincy may be looked at as mid-level teams, but they are still technically in a BCS conference. Plus VT knew how good USC, Alabama, and Boise St were going to be because those games were scheduled as one game series in which it wasn't planned years in advance. I think those games are great when the OOC is down, but I doubt you ever see VT schedule a game like that with Nebraska, ECU, and Marshall already on the schedule. Unless of course the money is too good to turn down, which it usually is.

Well, I would consider UVA as a mid-level ooc opponent if VT was in another conference. ;)