• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fun with Stats: Red Zone Offense

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That second one you did is an amazing stat...out of those 25 teams that score the most points outside the red zone only 1 is ranked in the top 25...SCAR. You could interpret that many different ways but the way I see is that SCAR could have some issues in league play this year.

It does prove a point I tried to make last year that teams that rely strictly on a big play offense aren't really good teams...and it was an OU fan who I was arguing with.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does prove a point I tried to make last year that teams that rely strictly on a big play offense aren't really good teams...and it was an OU fan who I was arguing with.

It makes a lot of sense. Teams that rely on the big play their defense is on the field for much longer, not to mention their offense struggles moving the ball for the most part. I guess I never really even thought about something like that before. Now there are surprises like a GT who isn't on the list but they also are a run first type of team that racks up a ton of yards and they score a shit ton of points as well whether it's inside the 20 or outside the 20, and their receivers are always open because you have to stack the box against them.

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes a lot of sense. Teams that rely on the big play their defense is on the field for much longer, not to mention their offense struggles moving the ball for the most part. I guess I never really even thought about something like that before. Now there are surprises like a GT who isn't on the list but they also are a run first type of team that racks up a ton of yards and they score a shit ton of points as well whether it's inside the 20 or outside the 20, and their receivers are always open because you have to stack the box against them.

Yeah... GT has more 70+ yard pass plays than anyone else... and they have a ton of TD's scored not only from outside the red zone... but from beyond the 50.

But they have a ton of points scored in general. I really expected GT to be higher on the list.... thinking back to the Kansas game. It seemed like every TD was 50 yards or longer in that one.