• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck Yeah!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that. He's going to Tennessee State where one of their players punched a coach this
year. He probably figured he'd fit right in.

I going to assume Saban sent a quiet message to his players but let them know he respects
their privacy by not going public with it. There's very little doubt that he told that kid
he needed to find someplace else to play next year. That stuff cannot be allowed.

He actually put in for the transfer almost a month ago I read. He only played special teams and I think the only reason he was able to go back in was because Saban didn't know about the sideline stuff. Otherwise, he would have been benched. I've seen better players benched for less.

So I'm guessing he was told long before the game and it was likely just the most recent incident among other attitude problems. A guy with insider knowledge classified him as a missed evaluation, and based on how physical he was, I'm guessing that must be mental.

Makes me wonder if the coach he tried to punch maybe didn't smart off to him about "that kind of shit is why your ass won't be here next year" or something along those lines. I have no idea, but I could see where something like that might set him off.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Clemson is damn good but football is cyclical. SportsHoopla newbie may need a lesson about previous VT-Clemson games...

Such salt from a Hokie fan. Don't worry, Miami's back and since we played last season y'all don't have to worry about Clemson beating your ass again anytime soon.
You sure talk a lot of shit considering your school is the equivalent of the little brother that mom says you have to let tag along if you want to go to the arcade. We should have added James Madison instead. At least they know how to win on the big stage.
Look at this SportsHoopla newbie, his team starts to win again and he can't help himself. Before you won a recent NC, Clemson football was good at one thing - being soft and Klempsoning...
Hell, we almost beat you in Fuente's first year with a run first qb in the ACCCG and with way less talent. I guess you don't remember that either. Well here, let me remind you of your roots son...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and if someone already mentioned this mad props to them, but Clemson had issues beating the eventual National champion with the players returning. How does this really help them other than experience getting manhandled.

Asking for a friend

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and if someone already mentioned this mad props to them, but Clemson had issues beating the eventual National champion with the players returning. How does this really help them other than experience getting manhandled.

Asking for a friend
Don't worry. We'll figure out the punting situation by next meeting.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry. We'll figure out the punting situation by next meeting.
giphy.gif

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Clemson is damn good but football is cyclical. SportsHoopla newbie may need a lesson about previous VT-Clemson games...

Pet Peeve Alert...Pet Peeve Alert...

Football is only cyclical if something is done about it.

Too many times people believe it's a given...it ain't.

Whether it is coaching changes within the team always losing or it could be the winning team
getting to fat and thinking they can coast and win.

Northwestern sucked for 60 fucking years. Then along came Pat Fitzgerald who knew
their shortcomings and what they needed to do, just to break even. Now he's got
them where they are competitive and they are just 2 wins away from winning more
games in a decade in their entire history with two season still to play to get those two wins.

We could write the same about Bill Snyder and Kansas State.

Football is not cyclical. It is only your time, when you do something about it. You don't do
anything about it...it ain't gonna be your time.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pet Peeve Alert...Pet Peeve Alert...

Football is only cyclical if something is done about it.

Too many times people believe it's a given...it ain't.

Whether it is coaching changes within the team always losing or it could be the winning team
getting to fat and thinking they can coast and win.

Northwestern sucked for 60 fucking years. Then along came Pat Fitzgerald who knew
their shortcomings and what they needed to do, just to break even. Now he's got
them where they are competitive and they are just 2 wins away from winning more
games in a decade in their entire history with two season still to play to get those two wins.

We could write the same about Bill Snyder and Kansas State.

Football is not cyclical. It is only your time, when you do something about it. You don't do
anything about it...it ain't gonna be your time.

But wouldn't that be cyclical in the fact that whether 1 year from now, 5 years from now or 20 years from now something will change for team "x" to provide them a set of positive wins or a good run? A team will not stay down forever just like a team like Clemson will not stay at a championship level forever. Hell, FSU is a classic example. Bowden had the team winning at the highest level, but it only lasted for so long. But you can't keep a team like FSU down but for so long - something will change where that program will experience an uptick. I also think of Miami, Huskies, USC, Bama, Auburn, etc etc. Do you disagree?

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at this SportsHoopla newbie, his team starts to win again and he can't help himself. Before you won a recent NC, Clemson football was good at one thing - being soft and Klempsoning...
Hell, we almost beat you in Fuente's first year with a run first qb in the ACCCG and with way less talent. I guess you don't remember that either. Well here, let me remind you of your roots son...

Indeed, football is cyclical. The period of time you are trying to portray as the norm was just you cycling up for a stretch as the all-time data shows.

Winsipedia - Clemson Tigers vs. Virginia Tech Hokies football series history

The only criteria listed where VT is better than Clemson is all time wins. Primarily because when all the adult teams left the SoCon you stayed at the little kids table.

Oh and I notice that you mention Fuente's first year but failed to mention what happened in the second. VT's night on the big national stage, all the hype of Game Day and Clemson comes in and bitches y'all out with a run first QB.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed, football is cyclical. The period of time you are trying to portray as the norm was just you cycling up for a stretch as the all-time data shows.

Winsipedia - Clemson Tigers vs. Virginia Tech Hokies football series history

The only criteria listed where VT is better than Clemson is all time wins. Primarily because when all the adult teams left the SoCon you stayed at the little kids table.

Oh and I notice that you mention Fuente's first year but failed to mention what happened in the second. VT's night on the big national stage, all the hype of Game Day and Clemson comes in and bitches y'all out with a run first QB.

Bold 1 - Na man, you guys were just soft.
Bold 2 - Yea, guess we Klempsoned on that one.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So next year he'll either be at Auburn or Louisville?
Nope. History says the route to Auburn goes through Blinn JC in Brenham!

Or, maybe that is just laptop stealers from Florida that take that route.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is not cyclical. It is only your time, when you do something about it. You don't do anything about it...it ain't gonna be your time.
Then I'm guessing I'll die before it is our time since we won't do anything about our mess.:gaah:

We gotta CHEAT dammit!

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold 1 - Na man, you guys were just soft.
Bold 2 - Yea, guess we Klempsoned on that one

I guess if all we were worried about was wins we could have stayed small-time like VT did up until the early 90's and feasted on cupcakes. We did partake in a few.....we beat VT nine straight times from the late 50's till the mid 80's.

And you didn't "Clemson" in our game this past season as you were supposed to lose. You just "Hokied"......crapped the bed on the national stage like you always do.

96 Orange Bowl
00 Sugar Bowl
05 Sugar Bowl
07 game with LSU
07 game with BC
07 Orange Bowl
09 Kickoff Classic with Bama
10 Kickoff Classic with Boise
11 ACCCG
11 Orange Bowl
12 Sugar Bowl
16 ACCCG

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to hijack your thread, but since it's on the main forum and not the team forum I'd say this is an appropriate place to post that Michigan also received good news on the D-line with Chase Winovich announcing a few weeks ago that he's coming back for his senior season. Michigan returns 8/10 of our top 10 tacklers next year. So that's pretty damn good.
Damn right! It's that time of year!! Who else has folks coming back?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wouldn't that be cyclical in the fact that whether 1 year from now, 5 years from now or 20 years from now something will change for team "x" to provide them a set of positive wins or a good run? A team will not stay down forever just like a team like Clemson will not stay at a championship level forever. Hell, FSU is a classic example. Bowden had the team winning at the highest level, but it only lasted for so long. But you can't keep a team like FSU down but for so long - something will change where that program will experience an uptick. I also think of Miami, Huskies, USC, Bama, Auburn, etc etc. Do you disagree?

Not really the same.

Cyclical is a cycle. A standard cycle.

An example would be the growers in Plant City, Florida are hiring folks to pick their strawberries
right now. They'll have them all harvested by the end of February...early March. The pickers
will know to be in the area next January when they are needed again. Most will move on
to pick oranges...top tobacco in North Carolina...pick lettuce in Texas and California...Gather
them apples in Washington...get those tomatoes in Cali and Texas...always staying 2 steps
ahead of I.C.E. agents.

It's pretty good work if you like to travel the country. You stay busy year round. Just need
to find one person with an '84 VW Van that seats 22 and you're in business.

But those cycles happen automatically. Football doesn't and it won't happen if nothing is done
about it.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if all we were worried about was wins we could have stayed small-time like VT did up until the early 90's and feasted on cupcakes. We did partake in a few.....we beat VT nine straight times from the late 50's till the mid 80's.

And you didn't "Clemson" in our game this past season as you were supposed to lose. You just "Hokied"......crapped the bed on the national stage like you always do.

96 Orange Bowl
00 Sugar Bowl
05 Sugar Bowl
07 game with LSU
07 game with BC
07 Orange Bowl
09 Kickoff Classic with Bama
10 Kickoff Classic with Boise
11 ACCCG
11 Orange Bowl
12 Sugar Bowl
16 ACCCG

I believe you left one out. The 1st ever ACC title game, in 2005.

They came into the game at #5 in the country with an 10-1 record.
We were #22, were 7-4 and had lost 3 straight by big margins.
We whipped their ass that night.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Asking for a friend
We will kick y'alls ass, big boy! You'll see.