• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck Waivers

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reverse order of standings for waivers is such horseshit. So your team sucks? Here is the best waiver player, every single week! Fuck that shit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the auction system.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reverse order of standings for waivers is such horseshit. So your team sucks? Here is the best waiver player, every single week! Fuck that shit.

Lol..well that is how the real thing works, makes all the sense in the world to me :) . ..but I know I'm severely in the minority in supporting that system in fantasy land

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Rome. I enjoy the added fun of having auction dollars that you spend on free agents. Some of my leagues even play games to win more auction money each week of the season. Adds to the activity level of leagues imo. One of my leagues I haven't been rewarded a single claim all year long.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno I like it vs auction. don't think the best record team should be getting them.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno I like it vs auction. don't think the best record team should be getting them.

Auction forces you to make smart decisions. When to pick someone up on waivers and how much to spend. People who make the right decisions wind up with stronger teams. Seems pretty fair to me.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auction forces you to make smart decisions. When to pick someone up on waivers and how much to spend. People who make the right decisions wind up with stronger teams. Seems pretty fair to me.

With the exception of "and how much to spend", the same can be said for any waiver system. The auction is just one more level of difficulty. . And in my humble opinion, another way for experienced players to gain an advantage over the newer ones. . Which is fine, but I prefer as even as a playing field as possible. Which is why I prefer the reverse order of standings. A smart fantasy owner is grabbing those guys off the wire, after the waiver period, a week or more before they become the hot pickup of the week.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the auction system in an auction league. In a draft league, I like rolling waiver order starting with reverse order of draft. I do not care much for the reset to reverse order of standings each week.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the auction system in an auction league. In a draft league, I like rolling waiver order starting with reverse order of draft. I do not care much for the reset to reverse order of standings each week.

Ditto here rolling works and auction in auction

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of "and how much to spend", the same can be said for any waiver system. The auction is just one more level of difficulty. . And in my humble opinion, another way for experienced players to gain an advantage over the newer ones. . Which is fine, but I prefer as even as a playing field as possible. Which is why I prefer the reverse order of standings. A smart fantasy owner is grabbing those guys off the wire, after the waiver period, a week or more before they become the hot pickup of the week.

Why shouldn't experienced players have the edge though? Fantasy football already has a pretty substantial luck factor, and for that reason I will always prefer baseball. Waiver claims are one area where you can tip the scales toward the skill side with a fair system.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would rather have the worst players be rewarded? I personally would like the person who had the best draft, and made the smartest moves, be the winner. And every time I lose to someone because they got a waiver over me, for no other reason than their team sucks ass, it will still be bullshit.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why shouldn't experienced players have the edge though? Fantasy football already has a pretty substantial luck factor, and for that reason I will always prefer baseball. Waiver claims are one area where you can tip the scales toward the skill side with a fair system.

I guess I feel the experience factor is enough of an advantage in and of itself.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you know they will be a hot pickup before the week they are? Usually players that have a good game are hot targets after that game.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about reverse order that sucks the most, you never get those adds off dumb drops. It's not the "hot" pickup that I care about. It's the guy that sprained his ankle, or broke his finger that gets cut but will be back with a Vengence in a couple weeks. You never get those unless your team is sucking.

I love sitting on the top spot in leagues that don't readjust weekly. You know somebody is eventually going to trade you a good starter for the worst player on your roster. (How I look at waivers. A team that will trade you anything for anything at anytime.) Baseball more than football.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know they will be a hot pickup before the week they are? Usually players that have a good game are hot targets after that game.

You pay attention, watch games, look for the guys who a are steadily increasing their playing time, maybe they make one or two big plays, plays that some might say we're lucky, or a fluke but that you can see might translate into something more later on. Take that chance before they have their breakout game. Sure you might miss on a few, but how often has the hot item on waivers any given week been nothing but chasing points? It's about 50/50 either way, but getting them before hand means not giving up your waiver spot (taking them after the waiver period ends) and it means you've possibly got their breakout in your lineup, or you've got the hot name as trade bait. Is really not that hard

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about reverse order that sucks the most, you never get those adds off dumb drops. It's not the "hot" pickup that I care about. It's the guy that sprained his ankle, or broke his finger that gets cut but will be back with a Vengence in a couple weeks. You never get those unless your team is sucking.

I love sitting on the top spot in leagues that don't readjust weekly. You know somebody is eventually going to trade you a good starter for the worst player on your roster. (How I look at waivers. A team that will trade you anything for anything at anytime.) Baseball more than football.

can't argue that one. . The biggest flaw in my reasoning., the backup replacing the injured starter. Although in certain cases that can be planned on. . But again not often enough to overcome that particular shortcoming