• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU logo change and Ira Denson is kicked off the team

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn state:

images

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck in that, you play Alabama in week 4.

Like I said, he should be gone. I don’t have faith in Jeremy Foley however. He will find a way to keep Boom around even if we go .500

And going .500 this year could be quite the stretch..........

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the current one.

Screen-Shot-2014-03-12-at-6.53.08-PM.png

And here is the one I have seen floating around. Not sure if it is the actual one though.

Screen-Shot-2014-03-12-at-6.53.24-PM.png

The changes are not subtle by any means.

If I understand correctly, FSU reached out to Nike for the logo change? That's the first mistake. Nike sucks ballsack now with anything they touch in the realm of college football and they will royally screw up your uniforms I am sure. Speaking of which - I don't know about the rest of you, but I sort of like the Adidas' uniforms - i.e. A&M jerseys. Not too over the top but pretty cool looking.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I understand correctly, FSU reached out to Nike for the logo change? That's the first mistake. Nike sucks ballsack now with anything they touch in the realm of college football and they will royally screw up your uniforms I am sure. Speaking of which - I don't know about the rest of you, but I sort of like the Adidas' uniforms - i.e. A&M jerseys. Not too over the top but pretty cool looking.

Yeah FSU came out and said that they had Nike help with the new design. They also said that the logo change had been in the works for 2 years. More of the gear being sold has the spear on it and not the Seminole Head logo. They even surveyed the student body, faculty, coaches, boosters, and fans to see what people saw as the logo on the merchandise. The only 2 groups that said the Seminole Head logo were the faculty and coaches.

Now FSU is redoing the helmet just a little bit. It will have the spears wrap around the back of the helmet like the Seattle Seahawks. They are also switching the facemask from Garnet to Gold. So the helmet will be gold on gold with the spear and still use the tomahawks on the helmet as well. The uniforms will have more Seminole Tribe items on the shoulder pads and neck line. Supposedly from what I have read and heard the changes to the uniforms are not "Oregonized". Although we will now have 2 new alternate unis beside the all white and all black. Now we will have an all garnet uniform with a matt finish garnet helmet that has a gold facemask. And then the other is supposed to be secret so I am sure it is some crazy stupid shit as a one time thing.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well It is official. They unveiled the new unis today. Here they are.

Garnett, White, and Black.

009_Nike_Seminoles5929_large.jpg

1539538.jpg

Like the changes to the Uniforms EXCEPT the damn logo. Garnet is a different shade, but supposedly it is a "true garnet" which is going to be easier to duplicate in and form. Really like the Garnett helmet that will go with the new black uniforms(FSU has already had these for a few years). It is a color changing matte finish.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well It is official. They unveiled the new unis today. Here they are.

Garnett, White, and Black.

009_Nike_Seminoles5929_large.jpg

1539538.jpg

Like the changes to the Uniforms EXCEPT the damn logo. Garnet is a different shade, but supposedly it is a "true garnet" which is going to be easier to duplicate in and form. Really like the Garnett helmet that will go with the new black uniforms(FSU has already had these for a few years). It is a color changing matte finish.

I think those spears are racist. Here’s a suggestion:

670px-Make-a-Toy-Spear-Step-8.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish the gold helmets spear didn't wrap around.

The garnet ones. Well im ok with it wrapping around because its a different helmet than their classic gold ones. The two tone helmet though looks too much like Arkansas' and not much of a fan.

The new logo. Question.....If native americans (and I know the Seminole tribe already said they are OK with FSU using them) But, other native's, wouldn't they find that new logo MORE offensive than the old one?

Just interesting that with all this uproar over Native American logos Nike goes out there and gets a more offensive looking Seminole logo, IMO.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish the gold helmets spear didn't wrap around.

The garnet ones. Well im ok with it wrapping around because its a different helmet than their classic gold ones. The two tone helmet though looks too much like Arkansas' and not much of a fan.

The new logo. Question.....If native americans (and I know the Seminole tribe already said they are OK with FSU using them) But, other native's, wouldn't they find that new logo MORE offensive than the old one?

Just interesting that with all this uproar over Native American logos Nike goes out there and gets a more offensive looking Seminole logo, IMO.

Well the Seminole Tribe of Florida was ok with the Logo. They like the fact it was not a "Savage Indian" unlike the old one. Now the other Seminole Tribe in Oklahoma does not like FSU using the name or likeness, BUT they have no say in the matter what so ever. They broke off from the Florida tribe a long time ago. I am thinking that if they received funds from FSU like the FL tribe does they would not be saying shit.

There is no two tone helmet. The garnet one which you are speaking about has "Chameleon Paint" that changes color. Basically it either looks Garnet or Black depending on the light, but it is not a two tone helmet.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Seminole Tribe of Florida was ok with the Logo. They like the fact it was not a "Savage Indian" unlike the old one. Now the other Seminole Tribe in Oklahoma does not like FSU using the name or likeness, BUT they have no say in the matter what so ever. They broke off from the Florida tribe a long time ago. I am thinking that if they received funds from FSU like the FL tribe does they would not be saying shit.

There is no two tone helmet. The garnet one which you are speaking about has "Chameleon Paint" that changes color. Basically it either looks Garnet or Black depending on the light, but it is not a two tone helmet.

IMO I find the new one more "savage" looking than the old one. But im also not against using native names so I don't really care, but I always liked FSU's logo.

Didn't know that, that is pretty cool alt helmet.