• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU backup Quarterback, Coker, to Alabama

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about AJ, I'm talking about the FSU transfer. He was at FSU, graduated, and never saw the field.

I guess the Bama QB situation is just muddled without AJ, but they should have a TON of kids on the roster already. Maybe you guys are just like us.......no clue who should start

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about because he did see the field last year. He played in six games last year.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama you will be shocked at the number of long bombs you are about to see if this kid's arm is as big as FSUmanager suggests.

Could work out in a run first, play action offense if that's still Bama's MO next season. Should still be in really good shape in the receiver dept. There were several times McCarron had a receiver with a step or two on the D and came up a fuzz short.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comparison to Winston in physical abilities is correct except for one thing. Coker can run much better than Winston can. Coker has an absolute cannon for an arm. The only reason he did not get the starting job over Winston was due to chemistry with the receivers. Coker sees he will not get any PT with Winston being there. So he decided to transfer. He has two more years of eligibility since he will be a graduate student. He can be a big time player for Alabama or at FSU had he stayed.

Pretty much this. Mainly only FSU fans remember this, but Winston wasn't a lock for the starting position until few days or so before the Pitt game. His competition was Coker. He's a hell of a QB. I personally thought he was going to start over Winston. I don't blame him for transferring. He could easily be the starting QB anywhere else, including Alabama.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about because he did see the field last year. He played in six games last year.

Played a lot til he got injured, right?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like the idea that he is mobile. Thats something we hadnt had at bama under saban. It will give us so many more options on offense.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played a lot til he got injured, right?

Depends on your definition of a lot, but yeah, usually he played the last quarter of games until he got injured. He even made it into some highlight reels for the season.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like the idea that he is mobile. Thats something we hadnt had at bama under saban. It will give us so many more options on offense.

It could definitely add a new wrinkle, that's for sure. From what I understand, he has the ability to go through his progressions before he runs, which I like. I can't stand to see a QB freak out and just take off if his first option isn't open.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on your definition of a lot, but yeah, usually he played the last quarter of games until he got injured. He even made it into some highlight reels for the season.

I guess mop up duty is decent experience too. It's more experience than any other QB Bama has right now. I'm looking forward to seeing how the whole thing plays out.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt Kiffin will utilize his mobility. He is a pro style offensive guy.

All of his successful QBs @ USC had 10 lb cement blocks on their feet however, so maybe he will tinker with the QBs mobility a little to utilize that skill set.

But don't bank on seeing it often.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is the real fuckin deal. He will be our best qb we have had under saban even better than AJ. Not only can he throw but he is mobile too. Hopefully we will run the up tempo zone read with him.

Highly doubtful.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Kiffin will utilize his mobility. He is a pro style offensive guy.

All of his successful QBs @ USC had 10 lb cement blocks on their feet however, so maybe he will tinker with the QBs mobility a little to utilize that skill set.

But don't bank on seeing it often.

I wouldn't mind seeing some designed QB runs every now and then but mostly I like the idea of him having the ability to scramble out of trouble and extend plays when need be.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing some designed QB runs every now and then but mostly I like the idea of him having the ability to scramble out of trouble and extend plays when need be.

Ya, when the progression of the play breaks down he may take off. Kiff sends one guy DEEP nearly every play so you may see a few late in the play scrambles.

If his under neath routes are covered and they have the safety over the top on the deep guy he may use those legs.

Like I said before, Kiff may not have utilized the legs of those QBs @ SC because they literally had cement in their shoes. But their arms more than made up for it.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that most people are forgetting is that he was running a pro style offense at FSU. SO it should be an easy transition into Kiffin's offense. The one thing about Coker is that he had a little trouble with timing routes. I attribute that to him no getting a lot of time on the field. With scrimmage and practice with the 1s that should go away very quickly.

Oh and in Jimbo's pro style offense he did use EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jameis Winston, and Coker in option runs. So that will be something that Kiffin can utilize.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, not good enough to start for an ACC team, but can walk right in and start at Bama....
guess ACC really is >>> SEC :happy:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ vt. So there.

ttth.gif

snakeelix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VPI Chokies riding on the FSU Gravy Train

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comparison to Winston in physical abilities is correct except for one thing. Coker can run much better than Winston can. Coker has an absolute cannon for an arm. The only reason he did not get the starting job over Winston was due to chemistry with the receivers. Coker sees he will not get any PT with Winston being there. So he decided to transfer. He has two more years of eligibility since he will be a graduate student. He can be a big time player for Alabama or at FSU had he stayed.

Good stuff! Thanks!