• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

from Cowboys.com

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State –Another Senior Bowl player, Jones isn’t typically mentioned in the same breath as elite defensive tackles like Aaron Donald or Timmy Jernigan. His 6-3, 323-pound frame is certainly intriguing for a team that could be without starting three-technique Jason Hatcher next season. In a draft this deep, the Cowboys will certainly need to do homework on prospects like Jones, who should be attainable as late as the third or fourth rounds.

Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois – The last of the Senior Bowl guys. Ward impressed down in Mobile, Ala., and showcased his abilities in pass coverage – something the Cowboys notably struggled with. Ward lacks the size to make him a top prospect, as he’s just 5-10, 191 pounds, but he tackles well and his awareness in coverage stands out. It will be interesting to see if some good workout numbers can boost his stock beyond his size limitations

Xavier Su’a-Filo, G, UCLA – We already saw some offensive line prospects get a look at the Senior Bowl, like Notre Dame’s Zack Martin and Baylor’s Cyril Richardson. Su’a-Filo is an intriguing prospect who has yet to showcase his skills, mainly in the sense that he has experience playing both guard and tackle. At 6-6, 315 pounds, he’s definitely got the size, and his impending workouts could help determine where he fits – not to mention how high his stock climbs.

These players aren't the top names everyone talks about. Curious what any of you draft gurus think about these players?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three of those guy would be nice fits in Dallas IMO. I like all three guys, Ward could be in play for us in the 3rd if we go DL the first couple of rounds instead of S.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmie Ward

Maylock say's he'll be drafted in the 2nd round. Calls him one of his favorites.

coverage and ball skills in high demand

I feel pretty good that Ron knows the type of dline guys he needs

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmie Ward

Maylock say's he'll be drafted in the 2nd round. Calls him one of his favorites.

I would love to get a guy that has ball & coverage skills & can tackle to boot

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jerry holding court at the combine.
The man loves the spot light

INDIANAPOLIS – With three straight 8-8 finishes, a team that will need to release players or reconfigure contracts to get under the cap and an aging core with Tony Romo coming off back surgery, Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones sees only the good.

“Even though we have cap problems this year,” Jones said, “we have chance to compete for a Super Bowl.”

I trust that you have removed you’re hand from your forehead to continue reading. Near the end of the two-hour session inside his bus on Sunday, I asked Jones how he would define competing for a championship. Is it simply making the playoffs? Something else?

He spoke about a story with 60 Minutes a few years ago and how he rolled through some stop signs on a trip through Little Rock. It’s not that he did not see the signs, but he knew the roads so well that he did not need to come to a complete stop.

“You could probably say that if not seeing the stop signs means denial, then I’m in denial,” Jones said. “The facts are that I see them, but I don’t see them. I know why they are there. I’m talking about the 8-8, but I don’t see them.”

The Cowboys fielded the worst defense in the NFL in 2013 and could lose their leading sacker, Jason Hatcher, to free agency. They could be forced to part ways with the franchise’s all-time leading sacker in DeMarcus Ware.

“I think we’ve got work to do on defense, serious work to do on defense,” Jones said. “I think we’ve got the players and the horses to be a heckuva offense, productive, one of the top offensive teams. I think we are there right now. Right now on offense … We’re going to have to really get on the horse to get is a defense. That’s better than (Seattle’s)? I don’t know. I can’t say that.”

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He spoke about a story with 60 Minutes a few years ago and how he rolled through some stop signs on a trip through Little Rock. It’s not that he did not see the signs, but he knew the roads so well that he did not need to come to a complete stop.

“You could probably say that if not seeing the stop signs means denial, then I’m in denial,” Jones said. “The facts are that I see them, but I don’t see them. I know why they are there. I’m talking about the 8-8, but I don’t see them.” "

I don't know what the heck you just said Jerry, but yes, you are in Denial...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to get a guy that has ball & coverage skills & can tackle to boot

I would too, and this kid would be a good one if the draft fell right. I think DT will be the way to go in the first round because guys like Jernigan, Donald and Hageman will be long gone by the time we pick in the 2nd. I think kids like Ward and maybe Joyner will be around in the 2nd if the want to go Safety, and either kid would be a playmaker for us

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmie Ward

Ok, who the Hell is Ron? Oh wait, nevermind, didn't realize that was a PDay post. Coach Ron must be related to Steve Walch. The football knowledge that is PDay....Bravo

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God you can't get any easier.
psst.....spelling isn't football knowledge ass clown

and the n and B are nowhere near each other on the keyboard
LOL ^^^^ D or B or N....I'm so confussed

but hey....takes a certain kinda ass whipped person to hang on selling errors

you are what you are

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God you can't get any easier.
psst.....spelling isn't football knowledge ass clown

and the n and B are nowhere near each other on the keyboard

but hey....takes a certain kinda ass whipped person to hang on selling errors

you are what you are

I'm sure that's what it was...when you made the same mistakes over and over. You are one of those close minded guys, that gets his panties in a wad anytime someone doesn't agree with your opinion. You talk about how smart you are, and then blow off the fact that you can't spell. You sure love throwing that ass whipped comment around. I think it's repressed sexual frustration stemming from your obvious longing to have foreplay arguments with Erik

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that's what it was...when you made the same mistakes over and over. You are one of those close minded guys, that gets his panties in a wad anytime someone doesn't agree with your opinion. You talk about how smart you are, and then blow off the fact that you can't spell. You sure love throwing that ass whipped comment around. I think it's repressed sexual frustration stemming from your obvious longing to have foreplay arguments with Erik

again with the sexual reference
LOL............and spelling too

onward eric...by golly stand your ground
:yahoo:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again with the sexual reference
LOL............and spelling too

onward eric...by golly stand your ground
:yahoo:

I have to ask, how do you pound your keyboard so fast with just one hand? Anyone who calls out ''Erik, Erik'' 50 times at midnight must have one of his hands somewhere else. Pound it hard PDay

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask, how do you pound your keyboard so fast with just one hand? Anyone who calls out ''Erik, Erik'' 50 times at midnight must have one of his hands somewhere else. Pound it hard PDay

there you go....that's the eric I recall