• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Friday, July 19th Conversation: Dbacks @ Giants

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kennedy vs. Gaudin

I know most of you will be posting on Sports Illustrated but I'll be back and forth on both, so if you want to comment in here feel free to join me. (I'm also 3-0 when posting game threads so I'm testing my streak)

Not sure how to feel about this matchup... I'm hoping and praying Kennedy can bounce back and get hot in the second half but I'm not crossing my fingers or anything. Our offense needs to show up.

THANK GOD BASEBALL IS BACK :whoo:

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-0 here we come!

Ill be in here as well, thank god for whoever invented browser tabs.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work nights, so I DVR the games and watch them when I get home at 1:00 am......

One of these times for a weekend game, I'll have to catch up with you guys for a live game chat.....

Hoping Kennedy can start the second half off right......He's in about the best ballpark for him and hopefully the Giant's bats start the second half as futilely as they ended the first half.....

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work nights, so I DVR the games and watch them when I get home at 1:00 am......

One of these times for a weekend game, I'll have to catch up with you guys for a live game chat.....

Hoping Kennedy can start the second half off right......He's in about the best ballpark for him and hopefully the Giant's bats start the second half as futilely as they ended the first half.....

Yeah man for sure.... I always enjoy talking to people that are smarter than me....

Kennedy is close to that "do better or you are done" point, I think. That is one of the reasons I believe the Dbacks decided to start the second half with him first. They want to see him once or twice before the trade deadline so they can decide what to do (trade for a SP or live and die with Ian). At least that is my theory.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just agree with yourself? Thats fucked up bro.

Try coming at me, bra! I am 7-2, 580 with a wing span of 8 foot 6 inches! I gots muscles on top of muscles and can do that pectoral titty shake thing!people don't mess with this, bro! Better fall in line! You would totally see if I used my Facebook profile! Totally!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch that, I'm actually only be commenting in here tonight since I'll be on my phone.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kennedy has good numbers against the Giants. Hopefully he can turn it around. Maybe the beard was a curse...:noidea:

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't impose your values upon me, desert glory! First it is the Baxter/luchador and now this!?!? I won't stand for these atrocities!

:suds: :yahoo: :10: :agree::clap:

Try coming at me, bra! I am 7-2, 580 with a wing span of 8 foot 6 inches! I gots muscles on top of muscles and can do that pectoral titty shake thing!people don't mess with this, bro! Better fall in line! You would totally see if I used my Facebook profile! Totally!

I speak for you now Gary. And I'm not afraid of you, I'll just get my nagging girl on you. It will make you wanna kill yourself no matter how big you are.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold Prediction: Ian Kennedy throws a gem tonight as the D-backs blow out the Giants.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch that, I'm actually only be commenting in here tonight since I'll be on my phone.

I know I'm pretty stupid, but I can't even find the game chat on SI for this game.

Kennedy has good numbers against the Giants. Hopefully he can turn it around. Maybe the beard was a curse...:noidea:

I think his beard probably gave him the little power he has.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kennedy will have a strong second half, Goldschmidt will have an even better second half, Parra will hit over .300, Corbin will regress, Miley will continue to improve, Delgado gets traded for the shitty Samardzija or a washed up Peavy and we get completely fleeced in the trade. Skaggs will fail once again, Montero and Prado will have great second halves. We will trade Davidson or Owings for a bullpen arm and get completely fucked over when that reliever flops over here. Eaton and Hill will have average second halves. McCrusty and Cahill both continue their struggles but somehow the D-backs still make the playoffs where they are eliminated by the Cardinals.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kennedy will have a strong second half, Goldschmidt will have an even better second half, Parra will hit over .300, Corbin will regress, Miley will continue to improve, Delgado gets traded for the shitty Samardzija or a washed up Peavy and we get completely fleeced in the trade. Skaggs will fail once again, Montero and Prado will have great second halves. We will trade Davidson or Owings for a bullpen arm and get completely fucked over when that reliever flops over here. Eaton and Hill will have average second halves. McCrusty and Cahill both continue their struggles but somehow the D-backs still make the playoffs where they are eliminated by the Cardinals.

this sounds extremely depressing

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by Corbin regressing I mean he will post Ian Kennedy's first half numbers. I hope it wasn't a fluke, but it seems every year one of our pitchers has a fluke year.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by Corbin regressing I mean he will post Ian Kennedy's first half numbers. I hope it wasn't a fluke, but it seems every year one of our pitchers has a fluke year.

I think you need to drink and go back to happy southside:suds:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corbin has a shot at being legit. He hits 93-95 has good off speed stuff and solid command. I think he'll regress but he'll still put up good numbers. He's nothing like Miley or Kennedy.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy will start for Reno Sunday. He will need two good starts before coming off the DL.