• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

French Open 2021.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wawrinka withdraws due to injury. :(

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both Wawrinka and Fed should call it a career after playing in 2021.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Men's Draw:

Djokovic's Quarter:

Federer vs. Cilic 2nd round: I haven't seen Cilic play in years now at a major. No idea what to expect, given the long layoff for both players. I'll say Federer in 4, but no idea.

Cecchinato vs. Tsonga 3rd round: I hope Tsonga wins, but will go with Cecchinato in 3.

Federer vs. Anderson 4th round: I'd take Anderson in 3, given the lack of match play Federer has had. Hope I'm wrong.

Maybe if he gets this far, that's enough match play for Federer to win a big match?

Ok, I'm taking Federer. Federer in 3.

Djokovic vs. Federer QF: This would be cool to see. Djokovic in 3, this year. Maybe another year, I'd pick Federer.

Nadal's Quarter:

Nadal vs. Monfils 4th round: Nadal in 3. It would be nice to see Monfils with a deep run somewhere again.

Nadal to the SF.

Thiem's Quarter:

Thiem vs. Zverev QF: I have to take my guy Thiem, even if I'm wrong. Thiem in 5.

Medvedev's Quarter:

Querrey vs. Isner 1st round: Isner in 3.

Isner vs. Tsitsipas 3rd round: Tsitsipas in 4. Hope I'm wrong.

Tsitsipas vs. Medvedev QF: Tsitsipas in 4. I could be wrong.

Djokovic vs. Nadal SF: Nadal in 3.

Thiem vs. Tsitsipas SF: Thiem in 3.

Nadal vs. Thiem Finals: I'll be optimistic, and say Thiem takes a set. Nadal in 4.

Women's Draw
:

Barty's Quarter:

Barty vs. Gauff 4th round: Barty in 2.

Karolina Pliskova vs. Kristnyna Pliskova 4th round: Won't happen, but just in case, Karolina in 2.

Barty vs. Karolina Pliskova QF: Pliskova in 3.

Kenin's Quarter:

Swiatek vs. Kenin QF: Swiatek in 3.

Sabalenka's Quarter:

Kerber vs. Serena 3rd round: Maybe this is a good match. If so, anyone can win. I'll take Serena in 3.

Azarenka vs. Serena QF: Azarenka in 3. If she's moving well, Azarenka will be harder on this surface.

Osaka's Quarter:

Osaka to the SF.

Pliskova vs. Swiatek SF: They just played in the Rome Finals. The tables will be turned. Pliskova in 3. Pliskova has to be better than what she showed that day.

Azarenka vs. Osaka SF: Rooting for the older person. Azarenka in 3.

Pliskova vs. Azarenka Finals: No idea. I'll pick the player that hasn't won a major yet, Pliskova. Pliskova in 3.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched yet.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were wrong

:) At this point, it's normal that when I pick someone to make the Finals, they lose in the first round.

There was a Wimbledon a few years ago where all 4 of my Finalists (Mens and Womens) were out before the 3rd round.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osaka withdraws? Wonder what's going on with her.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osaka has tried to make a statement before with her actions. But this one is somewhat perplexing. Are the media journalists that bad?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Federer's match, Istomin definitely helped him out. Had trouble serving, and made too many errors.

However, I've always liked Federer on clay because it gives him a chance to use more of his tools.

He used the drop shot a lot today, and I like seeing the different things he can do.

I wish the ITF would have asked Osaka what they could do to make the press conferences more comfortable for Osaka.

It seems like things escalated too quickly on both sides.

But yes, hopefully Osaka finds happiness soon in her life again.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mental health is a real thing
It is.

But is this really about mental health or is this the excuse being used to get out of something you hate doing?
Just about every sports star would love to get out of talking to the press if they could.

Sports stars have plenty to say on twitter but when it's time to take live questions from the press you are going to bail?

If your metal heath is suffering than step away from the game and get better.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is.

But is this really about mental health or is this the excuse being used to get out of something you hate doing?
Just about every sports star would love to get out of talking to the press if they could.

Sports stars have plenty to say on twitter but when it's time to take live questions from the press you are going to bail?

there is a huge difference between public speaking and posting something on social media.

and she is stepping away from it to get better.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media is extremely over-rated in my opinion. Even garbage cans are better. At least they are good for something. Media is just another form of “verbal trash” dump. Then they re-dump it on newspapers and online.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is.

metal health! craptastic song!

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each round win at a slam is equivalent to winning a small event for Fed now. Incredible effort. Looks like he is about to wrap it up against Colic in four sets. The third set TB was probably crucial.