• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foster interviewed for Pitt job.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Pittsburgh and his name has not even been mentioned. He may have interviewed but all if the stuff on hokie haven is news to me and Just about all of the Pittsburgh media. Word is that it is going to be Tom Bradley from Penn State.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right 46. The folks on TSL are getting nervous about this one, saying this is probably the first real shot we've had at losing Bud.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would honestly be real suprised if Pitt hires foster but if they do (i hate to say this) i think its a good fit for both of them.

BTW: IMO if bud leaves it will sting but i dont look at it as the end of the world. We've got at least 2 decent replacements. I think beamers 1st choice would be wiles but he'll prob leave to be fosters DC, hopefully our 2nd choice would be gray. <--------- I honestly wish gray would be our first choice but i doubt beamer would see it that way.
My dream scenario if foster were to leave would be TG as DC, bring in shane beamer as DB coach, and cornell brown as DL coach.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would honestly be real suprised if Pitt hires foster but if they do (i hate to say this) i think its a good fit for both of them.

BTW: IMO if bud leaves it will sting but i dont look at it as the end of the world. We've got at least 2 decent replacements. I think beamers 1st choice would be wiles but he'll prob leave to be fosters DC, hopefully our 2nd choice would be gray. <--------- I honestly wish gray would be our first choice but i doubt beamer would see it that way.
My dream scenario if foster were to leave would be TG as DC, bring in shane beamer as DB coach, and cornell brown as DL coach.

Bradley would be the logical choice. Probably his job to turn down being that he is a Pitt alum. knows the recruiting in the northeast, etc. I agree that Bud would be a good fit. I think he gets passed over again though. IF Bradley declines an offer (wants to hold out for the Penn State job when JoePa leaves), or Pitt wants to go a bit younger. I think BF is a better fit than Tulsa's HC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your analysis of coaching moves if Foster were to leave and would love Shane and cornell. I do think wiles would stay though.

Honestly, I think that the job is Bradley's to lose bit then again the first time I heard Mike Haywood's name was when he accepted the Pitt job. I will keep the radio on and my ears open today and let you all know. Pitt plays Kentucky today in the compass bowl at noon so tune in and maybe some hints will be dropped.

Pitt is a perfect fit for Foster but it is also a perfect fit for friedgen (imagine him with Jonathan Baldwin and Dion Lewis). I am shocked they didn't look at him.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your analysis of coaching moves if Foster were to leave and would love Shane and cornell. I do think wiles would stay though.

Honestly, I think that the job is Bradley's to lose bit then again the first time I heard Mike Haywood's name was when he accepted the Pitt job. I will keep the radio on and my ears open today and let you all know. Pitt plays Kentucky today in the compass bowl at noon so tune in and maybe some hints will be dropped.

Pitt is a perfect fit for Foster but it is also a perfect fit for friedgen (imagine him with Jonathan Baldwin and Dion Lewis). I am shocked they didn't look at him.

Good point. Fridge would be a great choice.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley would be the logical choice. Probably his job to turn down being that he is a Pitt alum. knows the recruiting in the northeast, etc. I agree that Bud would be a good fit. I think he gets passed over again though. IF Bradley declines an offer (wants to hold out for the Penn State job when JoePa leaves), or Pitt wants to go a bit younger. I think BF is a better fit than Tulsa's HC.

Reportedly Graham and Bradley are the leading candidates. Graham kindof surprises me because of Tulsa's offensive philosophy. A couple other coaches are now in the mix including one of Harbaugh's right hand men. Doubt Foster gets a serious look considering some of these other candidates.