• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bud Foster retiring

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
Wtf is that from?
Hilarious

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In their 7 losses last year, they gave up an average of 43 points.

Maybe it's time.
He's had some great defenses in the past.
That seems like a lot of points to give up 7 times.
He'll enjoy retired life.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you factor in all the transfers and now Foster "retiring" at age 60...there is something else going
on there.

I have no idea what could be going on up there, but something is. Fuente's has pushed him out. VPI
is giving him a job where he reports to the AD so that is just an income to keep him muzzled.

Maybe Fuentes believes that Foster has too much clout with the Boosters, which he probably does have
and Fuentes hasn't exactly knocked them dead in Blacksburg.

This could be a make or break year for Fuentes.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you factor in all the transfers and now Foster "retiring" at age 60...there is something else going
on there.

I have no idea what could be going on up there, but something is. Fuente's has pushed him out. VPI
is giving him a job where he reports to the AD so that is just an income to keep him muzzled.

Maybe Fuentes believes that Foster has too much clout with the Boosters, which he probably does have

Eh, he's had a lot of shit going on his personal life (caught cheating with a married woman, divorced, married that woman he was cheating with) and been thinking of retiring for year or so. Plus there were some rumors he's had some health issues as well and could deal with less stress that comes from the job.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my other thread (which I will delete, as it is a duplicate)

I'm a Miami fan, but mad respect to this guy. Helped create a program from nothing that challenged the blue bloods. One of the greatest defensive minds of the last thirty years. Happy retirement!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on there.

I understand the thought process here from an outsider who doesn't follow VT football closely, but none of this is remotely close to what is going on.....except for maybe the last sentence. Fuente is lucky his ass has a shitty schedule this year, because he's got about one more season like last year and his ass will be demoted back to the AAC.

Bud had an open ended extension to 2024 on his table and he decided to hang it up and start the next stage of his life instead of coming back.

Last edited:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In their 7 losses last year, they gave up an average of 43 points.

Maybe it's time.
He's had some great defenses in the past.
That seems like a lot of points to give up 7 times.
He'll enjoy retired life.

He couldn't run his defense last year with the youth and injuries he had. Bud Foster said pre last season that that was by far the youngest defense he had ever had (30 damn years at VT), and that was before the shit hit the fans on the injuries front.

His defense was top-5 in the nation in scoring defense the season before.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on there.

I grew up with Bud’s son. He also has a daughter. They’re both starting young families and one still lives in Blacksburg. He made a great Facebook post yesterday. Bud has put in 33 years of coaching at VT. He’s just ready to enjoy other things life has to offer and just be a dad and grandfather. You’re looking too much into this.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interest
Nope, fresh out. Still cleaning up the mess that the RedBull hippie made.

I happy for Bud, he is gettin out before our boy Whit burns it all to the ground.

Poooor ol Turkey Tech, rats leavin the ship every day it seems.. I hurt for yall boys..
View attachment 212117
Will be interesting to see where Whit goes with this hire. Make no mistake this will be more Whit than Fuente here...

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interest
Make no mistake this will be more Whit than Fuente here...

It fucking better be. I have no clue how you could trust Fuente make a hire given his track record thus far. We literally have his babysitter on staff. Maybe his gardner (who he probably then coached with at Illinois St) has experience running a defense?