• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Viking Orlando Thomas dies

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Minnesota Vikings safety Orlando Thomas, who led the NFL in interceptions during his rookie season in 1995 with nine, died Sunday night of ALS. He was 42.

Orlando Thomas, who died Sunday, led the NFL in interceptions during his rookie season.
Thomas' agent, Mark Bartelstein, confirmed the news.

Thomas had been battling ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis; also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) in Crowley, Louisiana.

"Nobody's ever fought a battle like Orlando fought, with so much dignity -- I never saw anything like it," Bartelstein said Monday morning. "It's just incredible. He never had a sense of self pity, never felt sorry for himself, he was always worried about everyone else. He was just the most incredible person I've ever been around."

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad news Sonny. I don't remember this guy, but dying at 42 is just too damn young and passing on due to ALS is an awful way to go.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Minnesota Vikings safety Orlando Thomas, who led the NFL in interceptions during his rookie season in 1995 with nine, died Sunday night of ALS. He was 42.

Orlando Thomas, who died Sunday, led the NFL in interceptions during his rookie season.
Thomas' agent, Mark Bartelstein, confirmed the news.

Thomas had been battling ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis; also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) in Crowley, Louisiana.

"Nobody's ever fought a battle like Orlando fought, with so much dignity -- I never saw anything like it," Bartelstein said Monday morning. "It's just incredible. He never had a sense of self pity, never felt sorry for himself, he was always worried about everyone else. He was just the most incredible person I've ever been around."

Man that's terrible news.... RIP Orlando Thomas.... ALS is a cruel ridiculous disease...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad news Sonny. I don't remember this guy, but dying at 42 is just too damn young and passing on due to ALS is an awful way to go.

Sure is Rex too young . Goes to show you illness doesn't discriminate, will take both the strong and weak, old and young.