• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former #1 recruit byron cowart to transfer

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kid has been given every opportunity and has zero production. He struggled with adapting to college from the start.

I think the real issue is the lack of player development, even more so now in regards to the QBs. Johnson and White were supposed to be good, but both failed in Gus's system, and Stidham doesn't look nearly as 'elite' as he did in the Big XII. This could of course just be the luck of the draw, but with this 5 star 'stud' leaving, it just continues to point to the fact that the Gus experiment is failing big time.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the real issue is the lack of player development, even more so now in regards to the QBs. Johnson and White were supposed to be good, but both failed in Gus's system, and Stidham doesn't look nearly as 'elite' as he did in the Big XII. This could of course just be the luck of the draw, but with this 5 star 'stud' leaving, it just continues to point to the fact that the Gus experiment is failing big time.
Rodney Gardner is his position coach who has recruited and developed as many defensive lineman as anyone in the country so that isn't the problem with Cowart. He struggled from day one with the pressure of being a highly ranked recruit and he hampered his own development big time.

The rest of your post is not related to Cowart and has some merit. Auburn's issues are offensive and actually starts with the o-line and the routes receivers run. Fix those and you will improve the QB situation dramatically. I have doubts that Gus can do that.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney Gardner is his position coach who has recruited and developed as many defensive lineman as anyone in the country so that isn't the problem with Cowart. He struggled from day one with the pressure of being a highly ranked recruit and he hampered his own development big time.

The rest of your post is not related to Cowart and has some merit. Auburn's issues are offensive and actually starts with the o-line and the routes receivers run. Fix those and you will improve the QB situation dramatically. I have doubts that Gus can do that.

I only brought the recent issue with Cowart because of the bad press Auburn has been getting and it's just looking like a couple of added logs to the Fire Gus train.

So, let's assume that Gus does get fired this year. Any idea on who you would want that you believe would make Auburn better? So many people are quick to want someone gone, without actually considering who they'd think a better replacement would be.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only brought the recent issue with Cowart because of the bad press Auburn has been getting and it's just looking like a couple of added logs to the Fire Gus train.

So, let's assume that Gus does get fired this year. Any idea on who you would want that you believe would make Auburn better? So many people are quick to want someone gone, without actually considering who they'd think a better replacement would be.
I'm sure the chip Kelly hype would be out in full force. Don't see that happening though