• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For The Tribe Fans Out There

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted about the Sports Illustrated article putting the Indians in the hunt for a championship. While that's a little premature in my opinion, I think they could be poised for a great season. If Francona can keep the pieces moving in the right direction, I like their chances for a playoff berth.

Baseball Prospectus' PECOTA projections have the Indians finishing two games behind the Tigers and squarely in the hunt for a wild card berth. As an Indians fan, I particularly enjoyed the last three paragraphs from BP's season preview:

The pieces, in short, are there for Terry Francona, a man who seems to exist in full only at the ballpark, to oversee the overthrow of the "Curse of Chief Wahoo" just as he tossed off the yoke of the "Curse of The Bambino." That we can contemplate this outcome is a credit to the work of General Manager Chris Antonetti, who has built a team full of good-to-very-good players in their mid- to late-20s, signed at reasonable prices. He is betting on the value of the athletic prime.

It's a smart bet. There is no question that most baseball players hit their primes in their late 20s. It is the furthest thing from rocket science. If we have a large enough sample size on anything, it is that. Still, it's one thing to have a team with an average age in the fat middle of that prime; it's another to have most of your core players that age. (Far more important to have a prime third baseman than a prime middle reliever, after all.) If there's a way to add wins to a team returning the vast majority of it's roster, it's to have a bunch of players in their prime, not likely to lose performance to aging, along with veterans poised for a bounce-back. These are your 2015 Indians. This is good. This is their time.

With Detroit's core largely past its prime and shedding players in an attempt to balance the budget while keeping the window open, more is at stake than just a Wild Card spot. Despite everything Kansas City did last year, the Indians should be considered favorites to topple the Tigers, maybe favorites outright. (Or at least co-favorites with the aggressive White Sox.) Of course, the AL Central isn't the ultimate goal for a city humiliated by its sports franchises: It doesn't mean a thing without the ring. For this team in this town at this time, there's only one thing left to do.

Go Tribe.

5079515666_76fbd55f09_m.jpg

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand why the tigers still get so much hype... I just don't see them being THAT good... In fact I see them to be the 3rd place team this season, maybe even last in what could be the most balanced division in baseball(no bad teams, no great teams)

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand why the tigers still get so much hype... I just don't see them being THAT good... In fact I see them to be the 3rd place team this season, maybe even last in what could be the most balanced division in baseball(no bad teams, no great teams)

Yeah. I mean, they've only won the division four straight years, averaging ninety-two wins per season, and have one of the top offenses in MLB. Why on Earth would anyone consider them the favorites to win the division? In fact, anyone who doesn't have the Tigers finishing 3rd or lower must be a moron.

As far as the central not having any bad teams, I suspect the Royals and even more so the Twins will be flirting with 90+ loss seasons. It would take a complete fucking collapse for the Tigers to finish in the basement.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I mean, they've only won the division four straight years, averaging ninety-two wins per season, and have one of the top offenses in MLB. Why on Earth would anyone consider them the favorites to win the division? In fact, anyone who doesn't have the Tigers finishing 3rd or lower must be a moron.

As far as the central not having any bad teams, I suspect the Royals and even more so the Twins will be flirting with 90+ loss seasons. It would take a complete fucking collapse for the Tigers to finish in the basement.

I forgot about the twins... My bad!!!

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, can't see the Tigers finishing less than 2nd in that division. Chicago probably gives them a run for their money this year though,

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, can't see the Tigers finishing less than 2nd in that division. Chicago probably gives them a run for their money this year though,

I wouldn't predict it, but if the Tigers' vets have more health issues (which is not only possible, but perhaps even probable), and the Indians and White Sox improve as the cognoscenti seem to think they will, the Tigers could easily finish third.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck is the curse of Chief Wahoo? Never heard that horse shit before.

I think it will be an interesting season. The Indians have a good shot at making playoffs, maybe even winning the division. Do they have enough to get to the WS, I really don't think so. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think so.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it will be an interesting season. The Indians have a good shot at making playoffs, maybe even winning the division. Do they have enough to get to the WS, I really don't think so. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think so.

Fuck me. At this rate, I'm not sure they have enough to get to the All-Star break.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't predict it, but if the Tigers' vets have more health issues (which is not only possible, but perhaps even probable), and the Indians and White Sox improve as the cognoscenti seem to think they will, the Tigers could easily finish third.

You're the guy banging that big drum in the upper deck at Progressive aren't you?

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rest assured, you are not wrong.