• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foles Opting Out

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quarterback Nick Foles has informed the Eagles he is voiding his $20 million option for 2019, after the team notified him it would be picking up the option, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Now we get to see if the Eagles will Franchise Tag him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll let Foles walk so he has a chance to get himself a nice payday when FA starts.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to franchise him so they get something for him via trade.

You can't just let a SB winning QB walk. Especially when the option is a fragile self centered armpit?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise and trade.

Probably to the Jags to move up in the 2nd round with a flip of picks. Also a conditional 4th.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a tag and trade is a prudent business decision.

But considering what he did, letting him sign for the highest contract is something that gets you a definite net 3rd round comp pick looks better and they owe it to him to decide where he goes. Don't hold the man back.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno if they will tag him, but they had to take the option so they could get 2 mil. off their books.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the tag means a $25m initial salary for Foles.

If I needed a QB, would Nick Foles interest me? Sure I'd sniff around.

If I needed a QB, would Nick Foles for a 3rd rounder and with the leverage his agent gets from having a $25M opening year salary interest me? Probably not.

That's why I don't think the Eagles tag him. There is just too high a chance that they could lose a game of free agent musical chairs and end up being stuck with Foles on the roster.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the tag means a $25m initial salary for Foles.

If I needed a QB, would Nick Foles interest me? Sure I'd sniff around.

If I needed a QB, would Nick Foles for a 3rd rounder and with the leverage his agent gets from having a $25M opening year salary interest me? Probably not.

That's why I don't think the Eagles tag him. There is just too high a chance that they could lose a game of free agent musical chairs and end up being stuck with Foles on the roster.
Foles won't sign the tag. If they don't get a trade offer they or he like, he walks.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the Eagles and Foles will have an agreement along the lines of: "Stay out of the division and we won't tag you."

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles won't sign the tag. If they don't get a trade offer they or he like, he walks.

Why wouldn't he sign the tag? It guarantees him $25 million in a single year. Foles isn't going to get a big guaranteed deal on the open market. They offer him the tag and a team like the Jags find a different route to go and all of a sudden there might not be a market for Foles at all.

Him and his agent would break down the Eagles door looking to put pen to paper.

It really all hinges on Jacksonville. They are the only team in the league that Foles makes sense for. If they hardball and ignore the Eagles calls and just say not interested, the Eagles can't tag him in case his agent decides it is in Foles financial interest to sign the tag before the market dries completely up.

Tagging and trading require multiple bidders. I don't see a lot of multiple bidder situations developing for what would then be an expensive Foles.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have to realize what that tag does to Foles contract.

Open market and he is looking at a bunch of teams offering him a slightly better deal than Keenum last year. Not looking at a bunch of guaranteed money and certainly not more than 2 or 3 years.

Give him a a one year deal with $25 million in year one all guaranteed and it completely changes the negotiations.

It has to be a 3+ year deal and it has to be $40-$50 million guaranteed (because if it isn't that, what benefit is it to Foles to sign a restructured deal).

And remember... Foles HAS to sign the tag to be traded. Otherwise he isn't on the Eagles roster. So what benefit does he gain by NOT signing the tender the moment the Eagles offer it? Nothing.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't he sign the tag? It guarantees him $25 million in a single year. Foles isn't going to get a big guaranteed deal on the open market. They offer him the tag and a team like the Jags find a different route to go and all of a sudden there might not be a market for Foles at all.

Him and his agent would break down the Eagles door looking to put pen to paper.

It really all hinges on Jacksonville. They are the only team in the league that Foles makes sense for. If they hardball and ignore the Eagles calls and just say not interested, the Eagles can't tag him in case his agent decides it is in Foles financial interest to sign the tag before the market dries completely up.

Tagging and trading require multiple bidders. I don't see a lot of multiple bidder situations developing for what would then be an expensive Foles.

Are you aware of what mediocre QBs get on the open market? This guy is clutch enough to drive them to a title. Let him be paid regardless of who pays him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far it is all playing out as expected. The next chess moves are the interesting ones. Will he be tagged and traded? If so, to whom? My guess is Philly would let him be traded anywhere but Washington and New York, and that he probably doesn't want to stay in the division anyway. He probably ends up in Miami or Jacksonville.

He will easily get a huge free agent contract btw. Kirk Cousins got paid for chrissake, $84 million. I would imagine Vikings fans would be aware of this, LOL.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Open market and he is looking at a bunch of teams offering him a slightly better deal than Keenum last year. Not looking at a bunch of guaranteed money and certainly not more than 2 or 3 years.

Give him a a one year deal with $25 million in year one all guaranteed and it completely changes the negotiations.

It has to be a 3+ year deal and it has to be $40-$50 million guaranteed (because if it isn't that, what benefit is it to Foles to sign a restructured deal).

And remember... Foles HAS to sign the tag to be traded. Otherwise he isn't on the Eagles roster. So what benefit does he gain by NOT signing the tender the moment the Eagles offer it? Nothing.

Hey Bro: You remember this overpaid free agent QB?

SinfulShabbyHoiho-size_restricted.gif

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, he doesn't.

Patriots trade franchise player Cassel to Chiefs

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You seem to be missing the mark on many points.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, people understand that tags can be rescinded right? So Philly could tag him, then rescind the tag and let him walk as a free agent later if no offers emerged.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far it is all playing out as expected. The next chess moves are the interesting ones. Will he be tagged and traded? If so, to whom? My guess is Philly would let him be traded anywhere but Washington and New York, and that he probably doesn't want to stay in the division anyway. He probably ends up in Miami or Jacksonville.

He will easily get a huge free agent contract btw. Kirk Cousins got paid for chrissake, $84 million. I would imagine Vikings fans would be aware of this, LOL.

Dude. First off, Fuck you.

Second, it's a 3 year deal, if it fails, it's a clean flush of the toilet on the entire organization.

Third, at least he doesn't get hurt every year like Wentz does and according to some sources, he's a dick.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, people understand that tags can be rescinded right? So Philly could tag him, then rescind the tag and let him walk as a free agent later if no offers emerged.

Unless he signs it and forces your hand. Middle fingering a guy that got you a Superbowl is not a good look.

Reactions: GNG