• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Focus on the Run Game.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Fisher says we are now going to focus on the run game. OK we have an 80 million dollar QB and no backfield. Even if we run wild on the Jags they are not the Seahawks. We cant run ,:gaah:we havent been able to run. Someone clue me in please.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Fisher says we are now going to focus on the run game. OK we have an 80 million dollar QB and no backfield. Even if we run wild on the Jags they are not the Seahawks. We cant run ,:gaah:we havent been able to run. Someone clue me in please.

You don't need to be clued in because it doesn't make any sense. Their running game is awful but.....If they would actually take some shots in the passing game beyond 10 yards it might loosen up the defense a little and allow them to get some yards on the ground. With 9-10 defensive players all within 7-8 yards of the LOS it's tough to run.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right again LTR. I am interested to see what Fisher boy means by focusing on the running game!!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: I don't think Fisher knows what to do. He has a huge mess on his hands.:noidea:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand a desire for balance but dogma should be challenged. We can't run and the only reason to attempt it is to get the Jaguars to focus on it rather than our passing attack. If we're going to run we need to use trap blocks, sprint draws, or a FB. Alternatively use Pead and run outside. I'd rather see as in a spread offense with bunches to prevent all the DBs being close to the line. I hate seeing receivers 3 yards outside the OTs. Either be close enough to chip block or spread out.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK Fastforward. Our only FB is on the practice squad. That tells you something in itself!

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right again LTR. I am interested to see what Fisher boy means by focusing on the running game!!

Maybe he was talking about STOPPING the run considering they've been torched for over 300 yards on the ground the last 2 weeks, LOL.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher should focus on winning.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The traditional FB concept is almost obsolete in a world of 320+ pound DL. Teams either use a 260 pound TE who can double as a receiver or they use another offensive lineman. We normally use Kendricks but he's small for the role and he's not a good run-blocker. (His normal disposition is to avoid physical confrontation and he lacks awareness of angles and position). Richardson is a slammer who doesn't wait for blocks. A lead OL would just get in his way. Ideally we'd have someone who was big, aggressive, and fast for that role. I don't understand why we keep signing Stevens to the practice squad. He's not a natural fit for our offensive system.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure thats what he was saying before the season, too. Its not just the RBs. Cook isnt a run blocker and our interior oline isnt getting the push you need for a consistent run game.

And we also need to stop getting down by 2 TDs before the 4th quarter

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure thats what he was saying before the season, too. Its not just the RBs. Cook isnt a run blocker and our interior oline isnt getting the push you need for a consistent run game.

And we also need to stop getting down by 2 TDs before the 4th quarter

Seems like they are down by 2 TD's before the half...I too am wondering how and/or why Fisher supposedly wants to showcase a non-existent running game...The only thing I can figure is that a 3 and out with 3 running plays would take about a minute+ more time off the clock...Of course, brilliant ploy...Keep the carnage to a minimum by giving the other team a couple less series during the game...Wow I didn't expect the playoffs, but I sure didn't see this trainwreck coming !!!!!!!!!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Stevens goes about 245-250lbs so he is basically as big as McNeil who is a TE and a small one at that. Stevens is still on the practice squad. Teams don't use much of a FB/TE in the backfield. It usually is a single back set like Eddie Lacy or Bradshaw or whomever. And they just line it up and push and shove.

The 49ers used Miller who is their fullback but they also have the jumbo package with two TEs with their fullback and Frank Gore back there like they did against us. They seal people off like they did against us and once past the LOS, it is history or a TD-like they did against us!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to be clued in because it doesn't make any sense. Their running game is awful but.....If they would actually take some shots in the passing game beyond 10 yards it might loosen up the defense a little and allow them to get some yards on the ground. With 9-10 defensive players all within 7-8 yards of the LOS it's tough to run.
This seems too obvious LTR!

They probably will now run it every time on 1st and 2nd down and all 3rd and 4 or shorters for the rest of the season. A philosophy that says we will work on our weakness until it's a strength. They may run it every time until they show they can run it with regular success.

Hey I disagree, say play to your strengths and work on your weakness whenever the game is out of reach for either team.

But heck run it that much, by seasons end you just might just get good at it.

Counselor Chris

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Pead a chance, he has the most potential out of any other Running Back on the roster.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Pead starts on Sunday. Supposedly it's between him and Stacy with Richardson told he won't start. Apparantly the media are writing off Cunningham's chances, which seems odd seeing as he's had more time on the field than the other 2. Then again who knows anything. I saw a post on another forum that suggested Pead was inactive last week for disciplinary reasons relating to time-keeping. :noidea:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then. If Pead is going to do something let's put him in there and run teh damn ball. If not, then what?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't ask me. I think this is a week to throw the ball. Put multiple receivers in play and never block with more than 6. The stuff about Pead is only what i've seen elsewhere.

St. Louis Rams Team News - Rotoworld.com

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher did focus on the run game as they made two changes: Shelly Smith started for Chris Williams at left guard and the O-line blocked better and Stacey started for Richardson and had a good game. The O-line just blocked better as did the RBs and the TEs. It was the shot in the arm we needed. Now we have to sustain what has been built!