• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers' top prospects according to HF

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10...
#1 Scott Laughton - C
#2 Samuel Morin - D
#3 Shayne Gostisbehere - D
#4 Travis Samheim -D
#5 Robert Hagg - D
#6 Mark Alt - D
#7 Nicolas Aube-Kubel - RW
#8 Nick Cousins - C
#9 Mark Friedman - D
#10 Anthony Stolarz - G

Do you agree with this list? Do you think there are prospects that are more deserving of cracking the top 10? If anyone can make their way up and make an impact for the Flyers, who do you think it will be?

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like when I see 6 of our top 10 prospects being Defensemen, Dmen don't grow on trees, hopefully at least one pans out. I woulda thought Gost would be ranked higher then Morin, I guess Morin is progressing nicely then. I don't follow the minors that much, pretty much just what's posted here, I'll leave the critiquing for the one's who actually watch these guys play. As far as in impact player to step up for us I would have to go with Gostisbehere, especially if Timonen's career is over like the articles are saying, we need a puck moving Dman with speed and if we learned anything while watching him in the tourney last year is he has the tools to move the puck fast.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like when I see 6 of our top 10 prospects being Defensemen, Dmen don't grow on trees, hopefully at least one pans out. I woulda thought Gost would be ranked higher then Morin, I guess Morin is progressing nicely then. I don't follow the minors that much, pretty much just what's posted here, I'll leave the critiquing for the one's who actually watch these guys play. As far as in impact player to step up for us I would have to go with Gostisbehere, especially if Timonen's career is over like the articles are saying, we need a puck moving Dman with speed and if we learned anything while watching him in the tourney last year is he has the tools to move the puck fast.

I think Morin gets a boost in his rating due to his size & draft position. He's 6'7" & 225 lbs according to some reports & he was taken 11th overall while other prospects are generally 2nd & 3rd rounders. Not saying he should be rated as their 2nd best prospect but I could see why they rated him so high.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to see Gostisbehere to crack the Flyers roster this season but in spite of the loss of Timonen, Flyers do have depth at the blue line & it will be tough to crack the lineup as a dman unless injuries happen. At least IMO.

Right now I see the Flyers depth chart on d as such...
#1 Mark Streit
#2 Andrew MacDonals
#3 Brayden Coburn
#4 Luke Schenn
#5 Nicklas Grossmann
#6 Michael Del Zotto
#7 Nick Schultz

I think it will take at least 2 simultaneous injuries at the blue line for Gostisbehere to have a chance of playing for the Flyers this season.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see defensemen up at the top - need that

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put Morin and Ghost at #1 and #2 over Laughton

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see that, Laughton probably gets a lot of love from HF for being the captain of team Canada for the WJ's.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's impressive is how they built this pipeline so quickly, before 2012, the only thing they had in the system was Alt. Now it's a new ballgame.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, maybe even hagg at 3. Laughton just gets a big boost because he's closest to ready I think.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, maybe even hagg at 3. Laughton just gets a big boost because he's closest to ready I think.

True, close to ready, 1st round pick, & captain of Canada @ the WJ's. There are probably better players but I could see why they're high on Laughton.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still am curios as to how/why Laurissden has dropped off the potential radar. He wasn't out of place when he played in the NHL. Yes he is still awkward at times with the puck in his own zone. Is that really it? He is awkward at times so bury him? He has size, he skates well for a big man, he has a mean streak and he has a major shot. Is he a top 2 NHL defenseman, NO. But I don't see why he has fallen off the radar for future help.

Any thoughts?

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Oh, and I do see Laughton making the team this year. I think that it will be G, Cooter, Vinny and Laughton at Center. Schenn will play LW with G or Vinny or Laughton...even after his performance in the world cup as a center....

Laughton has long term potential He could make the Flyers a real three center team that can compete in all three zone.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still am curios as to how/why Laurissden has dropped off the potential radar. He wasn't out of place when he played in the NHL. Yes he is still awkward at times with the puck in his own zone. Is that really it? He is awkward at times so bury him? He has size, he skates well for a big man, he has a mean streak and he has a major shot. Is he a top 2 NHL defenseman, NO. But I don't see why he has fallen off the radar for future help.

Any thoughts?

True true, had high hopes for Lauridsen as well. I guess the Flyers didn't see it that way. Doesn't seem like he got many opportunities last season.

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lauridsen sucks. Constantly out of position, poor first pass out of the zone, limited mobility... he would have been a nice Dman back in the '90's but in the modern-day NHL he's a bottom pairing guy at best. Morin has top pairing potential, Ghost has second pairing potential, so does Hagg... all these D belong well in front of him.

Stolarz should be higher imho, maybe around #7.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lauridsen sucks. Constantly out of position, poor first pass out of the zone, limited mobility... he would have been a nice Dman back in the '90's but in the modern-day NHL he's a bottom pairing guy at best.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just curious as to how you were able to make this evaluation of Lauridsen. Have you been attending/watching Phantom's games?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'd go as far as to say he sucks. On a good NHL team though, he's a 6th dman at best IMO.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his time he spent in Philly Laurd wasn't a bad option when players were hurt I thought he played rather well when called upon.

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not agreeing or disagreeing, just curious as to how you were able to make this evaluation of Lauridsen. Have you been attending/watching Phantom's games?

Let's just say that working from home has it's benefits. I watch a lot of hockey games.

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'd go as far as to say he sucks. On a good NHL team though, he's a 6th dman at best IMO.

I don't think he sees the ice on a legitimate Stanley Cup contender. He's a career AHL type to me.