• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers fans...which was bigger?

Hckygoalie31

Swiss Cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok...we all remember Primeau's game winner in 5 OTs to beat the Pens...which probably turned that series around (Flyers were down 2-0) and win it.

We all remember Daigneult's goal vs. Edmonton in game 6 of the 87 SCF to take it to game seven. That team was VERY injured and took an All-star Team in the Oilers to game 7.

Now tonight....and this series.

Which moment do you think was the biggest for this team?

I'm going to say tonight's game. Not only did they come back from 3-0 down in the series, but they came back from 3-0 down in GAME 7 to win said series and become only the 3rd NHL team to come back from 3-0 down in a series. Anyone disagree?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on where the Flyers go from here. If the Flyers lose to Montreal this is just another one of those historical trivia, which three teams came back from down 3-0 to win a series etc, but the importance will be lost over time. However if the Flyers go on to win the Stanley Cup, then this series win becomes pretty epic. The historical significance of this victory is still waiting to be placed, IMO.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on where the Flyers go from here. If the Flyers lose to Montreal this is just another one of those historical trivia, which three teams came back from down 3-0 to win a series etc, but the importance will be lost over time. However if the Flyers go on to win the Stanley Cup, then this series win becomes pretty epic. The historical significance of this victory is still waiting to be placed, IMO.

I look at it the other way. If the Flyers win the Cup, winning the Cup is going to be the biggest thing to remember and this series will only be a really cool afterthought. If they don't win, this series is what everyone will remember about this team and give their thanks for what this team did the past 8 days.

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is that this game won a series. Captain Keith's goal was incredible, and no doubt one of the key contributors to that series win, but the Flyers still had to close it out. They failed to close out the SCF's in 87, but this win CLOSED out a historical comeback. I'm on cloud nine right now, but I'm going to tonight's win.

However, J-bone has a very good point. The jury is still out.

Anyway you look at it, though, the Flyers are writing a pretty cool story right now (as are the Habs). This ECF is going to be fun to watch.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I respect your opinion D, but....no, it doesn't. Not at all.

It is completely irrelevant if the Flyers win another series. This series and all that happened WAS/IS epic and no matter what happens next....will always go down as such. Maybe not to outsiders like yourself, but to us Flyers fans....this win was awesome and will always be that way.

Try as you might, this win cannot be diminished by you or anyone.

Back to HG's question -

I have to say Primeau's 5th OT goal, but.... wow, tonight is one for the ages bro!! :D

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was my second favorite Flyers series, following the 1997 Stanley Cup Finals series of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah....shut up. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry Tox, I can edit it out. Congrats on the huge win. That was great.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry Tox, I can edit it out. Congrats on the huge win. That was great.

No way. I can take it bro! :)

Your boys ate my guys alive in that series! lol

**I was going to go back in and edit saying it was 1997 in a weak attempt to save face, but... :D

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and thx man! It's was/is awesome. Hell....I'm still riding the high! :)

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. I can take it bro! :)

Your boys ate my guys alive in that series! lol

**I was going to go back in and edit saying it was 1997 in a weak attempt to save face, but... :D

damn, I did fail anyways, it was 1997. That's what I get for starting drinking before noon.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries Post. It's a long day, nothing going on here, plenty of time to sleep it off. :)

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were down 3 games to none, and did what only 2 other hockey teams have done, come back and win 4 straight. Doesn't matter what round, it has to be the biggest game, game 7, in the biggest series. It was historic. You should remember May 14th for the rest of your lives.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming back from down 3-0 is a tremendous amazing feat. Plus coming back from a 3-0 deficit is huge.

No matter what happens, those feats are still great.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Flyers need to win the Cup for that series to be considered epic. Primeau's goal didn't lead to a Cup either. Coming back from 3-0 down in a series, AND down 3-0 in Game 7 is pretty far up there on memorable moments in the playoffs. Jesus, I found myself rooting for the orange and black a little in that game. That's how big it was....

Hckygoalie31

Swiss Cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jesus, I found myself rooting for the orange and black a little in that game. That's how big it was....

LOL..a little :)

I think even non-fans of the Flyers were rooting them on just to see history in the making.

I think the only ones who weren't rooting for them were the B's fans.