• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florio proves again what a miserable troll he is

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll copy and paste the whole article here so you don't have to give him another click.

Tight end Vernon Davis will be capping a contract year as a largely invisible man in the Denver offense. He doesn’t seem to be bothered by that. In fact, few seem to even notice it.

A five-question press conference on Thursday addressed in no way his diminished role in the offense or his complete lack of production in the passing game since seemingly having a breakthrough with seven catches for 74 yards in a 15-12 home loss to the Raiders. Since then, Davis has caught one pass for five yards, and that came the following week at Pittsburgh. In four straight critical wins since then, two of which delivered the No. 1 seed and the next two of which put the Broncos into the Super Bowl, Davis hasn’t caught a single pass.

Still, the five questions he got on Thursday — and the answers he provided — addressed in no way the struggles he’s had this year. Which made the entire session fit with a term he used to describe the looming return to his former home field for the Super Bowl.

“It all seemed surreal to me when we first got the win over the Patriots,” Davis told reporters. “I was like, ‘Wow, we’re actually going back to Levi’s Stadium.’ It couldn’t get any better that. It couldn’t get any better than this. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I’m very pleased, thankful and excited all at the same time for an opportunity to go in and experience this year’s Super Bowl in Levi’s Stadium.”

Well, it could get better than that. Davis could be returning not as an afterthought but as the impact player he was in past postseasons for the team that now plays at Levi’s Field. Three years ago, he had 100-yard receiving games in the NFC championship and the Super Bowl. The year before, he had 292 yards in a pair of playoff games that nearly resulted in a Super Bowl berth. The year after, he caught a pair of postseason touchdowns, including one in Charlotte, during a 23-10 win over the Panthers.

Davis then was asked whether there’s “added motivation” to play in his former home stadium.

“Sometimes you just have to let things go,” Davis said. “It’s nothing personal. My mindset and my focus is on this game and doing whatever I can do. Whether it’s going out there and getting two or three big blocks, whatever it may be to help this team win in Super Bowl 50. That’s my only goal.”

It’s a fair answer, but it implies he’s actually contributing something more than getting “two or three big blocks” (if he’s even doing that). He’s been MIA for more than a month, but he wasn’t asked about that at all.

The rest of the questions dealt with staying calm in the moment, having nerves the week before the game, and preparing mentally and physically for the Super Bowl. Which would be fine questions, if his complete and total lack of production wasn’t the large gray mammal with a trunk and tusks and his wrinkly butt plopped onto on the futon.

It’s safe to say that, once the Broncos arrive in San Francisco and have multiple media availabilities attended by reporters from all over the world (including reporters who cover the 49ers), Davis will be asked directly about why he has disappeared, whether it bothers him, and why anyone should think he’ll spend much more of his return to Levi’s Stadium watching the game than playing in it.​
Can you believe this guy? He turns an article about Vernon Davis going back to play the Super Bowl in the stadium where he spent most of his career, and Florio decides to turn it into a bash on Vernon Davis session.

I'm disappointed in the lack of production from Davis, but it's not like he's been a malcontent or anything like that. In fact, other than a complete lack of effort on one drop in Pittsburgh, I'd say he's been very professional since he got here. Which is more than I can say for that clown Florio, who must be such a miserable person that he has to slam a guy for no apparent reason.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's still got some gas in the tank, and while he's been crap as a receiver for us, he's been a great blocker. However, with Green and Daniels both playing well this year, he won't be back IMO. Even with his value at an all time low he'll probably get offers better than the vet minimum which is all I could see Denver offering.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love for Davis to come up big in SF. Guess I'm sentimental like that.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don`t understand your problem with Florio and his comments or takes on Davis. It is what it is. Never been a Davis fan as he always seemed to take games off and then have a good game and then disappear for three or 4 games. You mostly seemed to be hurt by his comments regarding Davis and how in your opinion he`s shown nothing but class while being almost invisible since signing with Denver. Well one thing for certain, he`s not stupid. Why would anybody,that has been a disappointment last few years, most think he`s pretty much done ( will prob retire anyway), been a distraction in past, would say shit when he knows he`s on the verge or the potential to get an SB ring at the end of his career.Why start complaining or even think about bitching about his production or lack of since signing with Broncos.To me anyway, he`s lucky as hell that Denver signed him. He`s getting some very nice cash besides his reg season salary and now he`s collected bonus playoff cks and a SB check with a ring possibility. I personally would be acting like a choir boy myself. He doesn`t deserve any kudos for keeping his mouth shut, playing the part and reaping the benefits that have been graciously bestowed on him. IMHO of course Doc :)

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get going out of his way to attack Davis like that. What's the point? In fact, Florio reported on a 5 question press conference about Davis going to back to San Francisco and turned it into trashing Davis and his production in Denver. What's the point of that? By all accounts, Davis didn't do or say anything controversial, so why take that opportunity to criticize him like that?

It just seems odd and personal to me. I don't know if Florio has some beef with Davis, or if he's still pissed about the Broncos vehement denial of his BS report on Manning from a couple of months ago, but I just don't understand using this opportunity to lash out like that.

But like I said, I think Florio is a click bait troll, so I don't find it too surprising.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the part that stood out to me:

"My mindset and my focus is on this game and doing whatever I can do. Whether it’s going out there and getting two or three big blocks, whatever it may be to help this team win in Super Bowl 50. That’s my only goal.”

It’s a fair answer, but it implies he’s actually contributing something more than getting “two or three big blocks” (if he’s even doing that).
Davis gives an innocuous answer about doing whatever it takes to help the team, and Florio turns that into a chance to basically say he sucks. Just really unprofessional IMO.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get ya. But don`t be surprised when SB is over and Davis takes some shots at Broncos when,not if, they release him. I won`t be. :)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis has pretty much been a non-factor since his arrival here. For the life of me I still cannot figure out why Virgil Green wasn't a bigger piece of the offense this year.

As for Florio, I don't really care one way or another. A lot of sports media writers are pretty bad and I have just come to expect a negative slant out of them. Maybe Florio has a beef with Davis going back to his days with the Niners. I don't know. Nor do I care. I hope Davis has a big game, but solely because he wears a Broncos uniform. If Davis doesn't have a big day I hope Daniels or Green does.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get ya. But don`t be surprised when SB is over and Davis takes some shots at Broncos when,not if, they release him. I won`t be. :)
He's a free agent at the end of the year, Denver doesn't have to release him.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis has pretty much been a non-factor since his arrival here. For the life of me I still cannot figure out why Virgil Green wasn't a bigger piece of the offense this year.

As for Florio, I don't really care one way or another. A lot of sports media writers are pretty bad and I have just come to expect a negative slant out of them. Maybe Florio has a beef with Davis going back to his days with the Niners. I don't know. Nor do I care. I hope Davis has a big game, but solely because he wears a Broncos uniform. If Davis doesn't have a big day I hope Daniels or Green does.

I completely agree with you on Virg

With all that went on during the past year - coaching change, major change in offensive philosophy, Manning out and Brock in with Manning coming back, and all the OL shuffling - I think this has been a year of adjustment for the offense .. I think Virg could be a much bigger factor in the future

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florio has quickly become my least favorite writer out there. He likes to add in a lot of extra drama to everything he writes. He reminds me of the times that my wife gets ticked and I ask her what is wrong and she tells me my face told her I didn't like something. I have no idea what my face is saying but many times it is not what she has come to the conclusion about. Florio seems to like to do the same of deciding exactly how a player or coach is feeling in that moment with having nothing to verify it but just him thinking that is what the player must feel.

As for this article I would rate it as one of his least harmful ones so far about the Broncos. His ones about how upset DT and Manning were this off season and then how upset Manning was this season were much more detrimental. I agree taking a shot at a guy like Davis at this point who has been put in a very tough situation isn't very good journalism and isn't the best way to build any kind of relationship with players. I mean with the way he sensationalizes everything I can't imagine many players/teams/coaches really like PFT because of how much they can misrepresent a situation or person.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is just the kind of guy who the history of the Super Bowl picks as heros. I would not be surprised if Manning tried to hit Davis on a fly pattern - when the Panthers are playing 8 in the box. The Broncos tried it against the Patriots but Manning over threw a wide open Davis. Either Davis or Green will have to deliver the surprise out route.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is just the kind of guy who the history of the Super Bowl picks as heros. I would not be surprised if Manning tried to hit Davis on a fly pattern - when the Panthers are playing 8 in the box. The Broncos tried it against the Patriots but Manning over threw a wide open Davis. Either Davis or Green will have to deliver the surprise out route.

Manning over threw many guys. The patriots game should have not been close but I agree they will take one shot with Davis in the Super Bowl.