• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida's 20 year home sell out streak ended yesterday

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
137 straight home games. Not quite the amount of Nebraska's, but still pretty amazing.

Most of us expected this to happen though because the Florida UAA has been screwing us on ticket prices for years now, and with the struggling economy, it was only a matter of time.

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Are you happy with how they played, i wasn't able to catch the game?

Last edited by a moderator:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know quite a few life long season ticket holders that didnt renew this year. I think the grandfather rule on the ticket prices/donation requirement for these folks ran finally ran out.

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i know quite a few life long season ticket holders that didnt renew this year. I think the grandfather rule on the ticket prices/donation requirement for these folks ran finally ran out.

And we actually sold all the tickets we had up until a few days before gameday. What actually did the streak in was that FAU returned a few thousand of their ticket allotment, and we weren't able to sell them in time.

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you happy with how they played, i want able to catch the game?

We still have some areas to improve upon, but we looked pretty decent compared to the disaster that was last year. We should compete with everyone on our schedule, and I don't think there's anyone we can't beat if we play well. Our secondary is very questionable due to the youth, but few teams in our schedule are going to have high octane passing attacks. Our front 7 on defense looked great, especially our D-line, and that was without arguably our most impressive player through spring/fall camp after he was declared ineligible.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this opener was definetly much improved from last seasons opener.. i have some hope... we looked solid on offense with lots of different plays.. that I am most happy about.

Giantpanda

Brings justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brantley looked good, running game was solid. Defense was in beast mode. good start

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the game. There was a better feeling this time over last year's opener. Not tremendously better, but cautiously optimistic. Brantley was definitiely more comfortable in his skin this time. He still needs to pick up his open receivers quicker, but he didn't do anything to lose the game or put his team in a bad position ( other than force a throw into the endzone that was picked, after a nice long drive...). I'm still not convinced on Rainey & Demps. How will that work vs. LSU or Bama's defense??? We need a stud that can pound it inside for 25 carries. Receivers looked decent. Jordan Reed is the real deal, and Trey Burton made one nice catch. WRs look average in my opinion, nothing outstanding. Defense looked real. Again, all of this uncertainty will be solved when they start their SEC schedule, but at least we didn't have 8 bad snaps in this game, only 1 :-)

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think Tennessee sold out their game either.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe when Florida gets back to being a legit shot for winning it all, their community and fans will once again come back out and support them.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe when Florida gets back to being a legit shot for winning it all, their community and fans will once again come back out and support them.

That would make them bandwagon fans if they have a bad year and the fans run. I've never considered Florida fans to be like that.
Shit they just won a NCG 3 years ago.