• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisher Names Keenum Starter next year..

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh: Fisher said yesterday that he expects Keenum to be the starting QB next year. Are are standards that Low?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what this idiot says.

Actually you are kinda right he kinda has to say that. But at the same time that should be alarming that just shows you how bad our quarterback situation is! Keenum only started five games this year and to name him starter? Yikes. Remember Foles looked a lot better his first 4 games then Keenum did in his starts. Keenum is s back up period.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to have a top three worst QB situation.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you are kinda right he kinda has to say that. But at the same time that should be alarming that just shows you how bad our quarterback situation is! Keenum only started five games this year and to name him starter? Yikes. Remember Foles looked a lot better his first 4 games then Keenum did in his starts. Keenum is s back up period.

3-1 as a starter (1 loss in OT).

Season stats (5 games):
76-125 (60.8%), 828 yards, 6.62 y/att, 4 TD, 1 INT, 1 FUM, 47.7 QBR, 87.7 Rating
Projected to 14 games:
213-350 (60.8%), 2319 yards, 6.62 y/att, 12 TD, 3 INT, 3 FUM, 47.7 QBR, 87.7 Rating

Bradford (14 games):
346-532 (65.0%), 3725 yards, 7.0 y/att, 19 TD, 14 INT, 6 FUM, 41.8 QBR, 86.4 Rating

blah blah glass houses blah blah

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fishturd, is a dope! Any sane HC, would say it's an open competition, whether it be between the three guys we currently have, or someone else that might come in.
Oh wait, I said sane? Now it makes sense!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-1 as a starter (1 loss in OT).

Season stats (5 games):
76-125 (60.8%), 828 yards, 6.62 y/att, 4 TD, 1 INT, 1 FUM, 47.7 QBR, 87.7 Rating
Projected to 14 games:
213-350 (60.8%), 2319 yards, 6.62 y/att, 12 TD, 3 INT, 3 FUM, 47.7 QBR, 87.7 Rating

Bradford (14 games):
346-532 (65.0%), 3725 yards, 7.0 y/att, 19 TD, 14 INT, 6 FUM, 41.8 QBR, 86.4 Rating

blah blah glass houses blah blah

Shop, while I love the comparison, Keenum is not the answer either, would I take him for the Ram QB over Bradford, yes, we are totally done and removed from Bradford, been there, done that! The 4 teams we played at the end of the year didn't play very well, part of that was because of the Rams, but at the same time we were fortunate to win the 3 we did. Our D gave up over 350 yards passing to a rookie QB and Gabbert, that's not good for a so called top ten D, yet I believe the D scored a TD in each of those games, and was the difference!

Keenum didn't turn the ball over, and that's exactly what we need in a QB, He did make some nice deep throws, but missed on some easy ones. Who knows, with some more time, maybe he would be OK, and I guess that's all we need at this point?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear lord fischer could you not wait until after training camp? This is the foles deal all over again....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shop, while I love the comparison, Keenum is not the answer either, would I take him for the Ram QB over Bradford, yes, we are totally done and removed from Bradford, been there, done that! The 4 teams we played at the end of the year didn't play very well, part of that was because of the Rams, but at the same time we were fortunate to win the 3 we did. Our D gave up over 350 yards passing to a rookie QB and Gabbert, that's not good for a so called top ten D, yet I believe the D scored a TD in each of those games, and was the difference!

Keenum didn't turn the ball over, and that's exactly what we need in a QB, He did make some nice deep throws, but missed on some easy ones. Who knows, with some more time, maybe he would be OK, and I guess that's all we need at this point?

I'm not saying he's the answer. However, he can be a bridge to Mannion or a newly drafted QB. He doesn't turn the ball over, keeping the Rams in the game. He proved himself to be an ideal backup IMO.

Of course the other side to this statement by Fisher is that Keenum is a FA, and Fisher likely just drove up the cost to retain him.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he's the answer. However, he can be a bridge to Mannion or a newly drafted QB. He doesn't turn the ball over, keeping the Rams in the game. He proved himself to be an ideal backup IMO.

Of course the other side to this statement by Fisher is that Keenum is a FA, and Fisher likely just drove up the cost to retain him.

If Keenum is the starter we will be lucky to see 6 wins. There is no QB in the draft that can come in here and start. Sorry no Sam ROY in the draft. Yes Keenum is a back up. And yes Fisher isn't very smart saying that driving up the price but he is s RFA so the Rams can make an offer and there is little chance another team will want him.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear lord fischer could you not wait until after training camp? This is the foles deal all over again....

Yeah we don't know who's starting for Denver next week in the playoff's but Fisher has named Keenum our starter. :crazy:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we don't know who's starting for Denver next week in the playoff's but Fisher has named Keenum our starter. :crazy:
Denver may not have named the starter, but I think its pretty obvious?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Keenum is the starter we will be lucky to see 6 wins. There is no QB in the draft that can come in here and start. Sorry no Sam ROY in the draft. Yes Keenum is a back up. And yes Fisher isn't very smart saying that driving up the price but he is s RFA so the Rams can make an offer and there is little chance another team will want him.

I think we will be lucky to match our record of this year, based on our schedule next year, I don't think it matters if its Keenum, Bradford, or whoever, we have more holes than QB!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to the opening post: All I can say is Right now we are in a lot better position this year compared to this time last year!!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to the opening post: All I can say is Right now we are in a lot better position this year compared to this time last year!!

I'll say this if you guys remember this time last year Fisher said Bradford was our guy. But I believe the big difference is he really meant it at the time. Then the Foles trade came about and Fisher thought he could be an avg to above avg QB but that hasn't worked out. I believe what he said yesterday about Keenum being our starter... inside he is praying something else drops into his lap.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Keenum has naked locker room pics of Fisher which he's threatening to release, or something along those lines...It's the ONLY possible explanation!!! :D

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about anyone else, but I am slowly losing interest in this organization. It sucks from top to bottom and this announcement is simply the reason why. If Jeff Fisher thinks he can win NFL games running a ball controlled offense when it's a pass first league, he is effin' nuts. What is wrong with this idiot (SMH)? But in all actuality, he doesn't have a choice. There is nothing in free agency and by the time the Rams pick, nothing in the draft. The only way we can get someone half way decent is via trade, but who wants any of the scrubs (Chris Long, Lil' Animal, etc.) we have on our current roster. We are in bad shape fellas!!!!!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about anyone else, but I am slowly losing interest in this organization. It sucks from top to bottom and this announcement is simply the reason why. If Jeff Fisher thinks he can win NFL games running a ball controlled offense when it's a pass first league, he is effin' nuts. What is wrong with this idiot (SMH)? But in all actuality, he doesn't have a choice. There is nothing in free agency and by the time the Rams pick, nothing in the draft. The only way we can get someone half way decent is via trade, but who wants any of the scrubs (Chris Long, Lil' Animal, etc.) we have on our current roster. We are in bad shape fellas!!!!!

I totally agree with that. Honestly the only thing I can think they can do is make a big time offer for the Kirk cousins or Bradford? I know you guys laugh but it really is the only option. Will they do that... probably not they're fine with being mediocre.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with that. Honestly the only thing I can think they can do is make a big time offer for the Kirk cousins or Bradford? I know you guys laugh but it really is the only option. Will they do that... probably not they're fine with being mediocre.

Coug, why would we want Bradford back, the fan base didn't want him, he wore out his welcome, it would be insane to bring him back and take the chance that he would fail yet again?
Cousins will not sign here, he is already on a winning team, why would he want to come here?

While you may think those are our only options, neither will happen, because neither makes any sense!