• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reads as “their fans are too passionate”. Too fucking bad?

The fans aren’t responsible for the media. Twitter isn’t real life. People have remote controls and more options of media to consume than TSN at 6:00 pm lol. I live in the same region as you and the guy who spent his Sunday morning philosophizing about a fanbase centered 3000 kms away from where he lives and I heard more locally about the fucking Vancouver Giants this week than I did about any playoff team lol. It’s pretty easy to avoid Leaf talk if you aren’t actively seeking it out so you can whine about it later.

This argument flies if we’re talking about the true delusional fans thinking adding Kessel would lead them somewhere good back in 2010. I don’t think you can blame a fanbase for thinking their team that has a Hart nominee for the second year in a row, three guys who scored over 30 goals, a top ten defence by shots against per game and the fourth most points in the regular season might be good enough to make a run and be disappointed when things don’t pan out yet again. Why as a hockey fan would you want teams with fanbase a that are anything other than heavily invested in their team?

I meant the media. Instead of balancing reporting.

It's mostly Toronto.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant the media. Instead of balancing reporting.

It's mostly Toronto.
They do what they think will get them the most page views/ratings/ad money. Not saying the way they cover is the best way to even do that but it’s also none of my business or any other fan’s.

It’s especially rich this season considering I don’t think any Leaf fan had much optimism left after the collapse to Montreal to say that we approached this season “with our names already engraved on the Cup”.

Anyway, I thought it was a good series. Leafs had a good chance to advance and didn’t. That seems to be the consensus among most rational people, fan or not. It’s sports. Don’t take it too seriously.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even that fan in that interview, the Leafs were dog shit throughout his entire childhood and youth. They’re lucky to even have fans that age who want to go spend a Saturday night in a public square watching a first round game. I admit it’s funny to watch and hear but the fact him and people like him are there at all isn’t a negative for a league where teams have had Cup parades in parking lots smaller than MLS.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so much salt ! Dish but cant take!

FD51BFC6-D5BF-41D1-AF8B-60C0C34D44B6.jpeg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcdavid makes a sour puss face a couple times and the hot take gets posted that he wants out … i mean he might just because its edmonton but …

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christopher Guest These Go To Eleven GIF by Maudit

The streak is over....