• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Washington Capitals

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series now tied. Either team could win. No home wins in 4 games. Really good series.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I'm as surprised as anyone....

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps have 50 more shots than the Jackets in 4 games. The law of averages finally catching up.

They've been the better team over the course of the series. They've controlled the ice more. They keep doing that and they'll win this series.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a lot of help from his defense. Caps blocked lots of shots that minimized the amt of shots that Holtby had to stop.
So, what you're trying to say is, Holtby is still a sieve? :)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully expecting a push from Columbus and a turtle from the Caps. Hope I'm wrong

You were wrong

No reverse jinx mojo shit!!!!!

I tried.

You. Out.

Stephenson was great tonight.

He has not been getting the credit he deserves. Not flashy, but a defensive stud. DSP too. I've really noticed them in the sense that I haven't had to notice them.

Wow, I'm as surprised as anyone....

@dare2be I will sacrifice 10 cats if you ban Comeds from this thread.

He had a lot of help from his defense. Caps blocked lots of shots that minimized the amt of shots that Holtby had to stop.

It's more than the blocked shots, the Caps kept the Jackets out of the high quality zone. Every entry was kept outside the dots. When the Jackets tried to get inside they picked it off, held it up or forced it below the bottom of the circle to the crease where Holtby looks 46 feet tall. All 7 Jackets shots in the first were from within 10 feet of the crease. You are not gonna score on Holtby from there. It has nothing to do with number of shots, it's the quality of the shots. The Caps kept the Jackets to the areas where you can get 75 and it won't matter. Like the Jackets had been doing.

Game 1 was a coin flip. If not for Anderson being an idiot that's a lot different game. 2 was closer, but the Jackets deserved that win. 3 was tight, but the Jackets pulled together and played well enough to win but they just didn't. Game 4, the Caps had the right game plan, played a perfect road game and earned one. The Jackets woke up, but it was too little too late. Caps deserved to win.

Brandon Dubinsky needs to be loaded into the cannon and fired back to Alaska. Maybe the Jackets should have let him continue with the cocaine or whatever he was on before. He wasn't moving his feet, he wasn't aware of anything around him. Ovenchkin goes all "controller disconnected" from the red line into the faceoff dot and Dubinsky looks at him three times and does nothing about it leaving him wide open to score. He was caught flat footed on the second goal too. You had your chance. Time for him to sit and give Hannakeinen or Sedlak a chance, Hell, maybe even Robinson.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take solace in the fact that neither of us has a snowball's chance in hell against Pittsburgh.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a shitty, shitty game. Couldn't handle the puck. Couldn't pass. When we were able to get a shot on goal, there were no second chances.

I want to be positive, but outside of soccer, I legit can't remember any of my professional teams advancing in the playoffs.... Ever. Thank God for OSU football.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a shitty, shitty game. Couldn't handle the puck. Couldn't pass. When we were able to get a shot on goal, there were no second chances.

I want to be positive, but outside of soccer, I legit can't remember any of my professional teams advancing in the playoffs.... Ever. Thank God for OSU football.
I’m assuming you’re a Reds fan, but for me the Indians choke job the past two years makes this much more palatable

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m assuming you’re a Reds fan, but for me the Indians choke job the past two years makes this much more palatable
Yeah, and I really don't care for the NBA. I was glad to see the Cavs win, but it was in a similar sense as being happy for Indians fans for making the world series.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad that I wish Larry Brooks would have been at that Torts post-game presser last night?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what you're trying to say is, Holtby is still a sieve? :)

No - he was great last nt - he just didn't have to stop many shots. But hey - if you want to just keep repeating that tired old rant then have fun with that.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad that I wish Larry Brooks would have been at that Torts post-game presser last night?

I was actually impressed with the Torts presser. I don't think even Brooks would have rattled him. He was calm, honest and direct. The gist of it was "we sucked, it's over and we're not down in the series. Time to get ready for the next game". He didn't call anyone out (and he had a few he could have) and said he wasn't going to beat them up because they know they sucked.

There is some good news:

I hope he's in and Dubi is out.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually impressed with the Torts presser. I don't think even Brooks would have rattled him. He was calm, honest and direct. The gist of it was "we sucked, it's over and we're not down in the series. Time to get ready for the next game". He didn't call anyone out (and he had a few he could have) and said he wasn't going to beat them up because they know they sucked.

There is some good news:

I hope he's in and Dubi is out.
Hopefully that dreamy bastard makes it back into the lineup.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the boys get their legs back for g5

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it was an afternoon game. No need for a jinx today, the Capitals sleep in. The Blue Jackets know this and will take advantage and win easy.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No neck crap coach play safe to no lose but OV better with new coach and Fonzie too calm and play trap piss crap home fans off and Sid waiting to punch either crap coach in nuts