• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL First Quarter Grades: Offense

How do you grade the offense through the first 4 games of 2016 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report-Card-610x400.jpg

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am grading on a curve. I am taking into consideration injuries & the level of talent at the position.

My grades are based on my perception of their performance compared to my expectations.

I had purdy high expectations for the offense so their grades reflect that.

They are currently ranked 8th in the league, but there is plenty of time & room for improvement in the remainder of the season in the following areas
  • their run game balance
  • their redzone efficiency
  • bone head clock management mistakes
  • penalties

QB - C+
RB - C
TE - C+
WR - B
OL - C

Overall I give them a C.

YiZtHTA.png

FT6V2MH.png

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but we are scoring 24 points per game which should equal to a lot of wins this year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but we are scoring 24 points per game which should equal to a lot of wins this year.

But we are giving up 28 points per game. If our defense could hold teams to 20 or less on average, we would be 3-1 at worst.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we are giving up 28 points per game. If our defense could hold teams to 20 or less on average, we would be 3-1 at worst.

We should be 3-1. KC was awful against dallas.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C-

They move the ball well and have the 2nd highest scoring average in the leagues at 52% being one of only three teams to average 50% or better. On 40 drives this year they've only had three 3 and outs, 4 turnovers and 8 punts. That's all to the good.

But of their 21 out of 40 drives that have produced a score. 12 have been FGs and only 9 have been TDs. The strength of this team is the offensive side of the ball and they deservedly have higher expectations than the defense. Therefore I will judge them tougher than I judge the defense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to go C- or D+ but neither was an option so it's a C from me. The rules of the game are such that very little "real" defense can be played anymore. Even with the skewed rules some teams are having difficulty finding the end zone. If we were honest and took an overall view of offensive stats, I'm betting that in the majority of these instances offensive mistakes and penalties are more the culprit than anything that defenses are doing.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C-

They move the ball well and have the 2nd highest scoring average in the leagues at 52% being one of only three teams to average 50% or better. On 40 drives this year they've only had three 3 and outs, 4 turnovers and 8 punts. That's all to the good.

But of their 21 out of 40 drives that have produced a score. 12 have been FGs and only 9 have been TDs. The strength of this team is the offensive side of the ball and they deservedly have higher expectations than the defense. Therefore I will judge them tougher than I judge the defense.

That is fair enough. I think that they are steadily progressing. However - for the most part they have been playing against lesser defenses. It will be interesting to see how they fare in the months ahead when they play against much better defenses for the most part.

I do believe the overall the play of the O line is light years ahead of where it was a few years ago - a real positive sign. If they can continue to at least try to establish a running game they should be in good shape. That doesn't necessarily translate into lots of wins since a lot of it will fall on the defense.

Getting better. I can't believe that I still see so many negative posts on this site even after a win. Some people have very unrealistic expectations & are definitely "glass is half empty" type people. Patience - this team will get there over time - just perhaps not this season.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with D as a grade, but that is more a feeling of how the offense has performed than a statistical fact.

We are #5 in pass yards/game and #20 in rush yards/game (much better than I thought).

Our TDs and INTs are both middle of the pack for the passing game.

We are #7 in rushing YPA, middle of the pack in TDs, and have not lost a fumble (only committed one) in the rushing game.

We are #12 in scoring, but we are #8 in total YPG.

Looking at the statistics, a high C or maybe even a B is warranted, but I just don't feel the offense is playing well. Maybe it was expectations, but when I see Trent getting abused on a weekly basis and KC being very tentative and indecisive, I get a bad feeling. We are moving the ball great but we can't put it in the end zone. To me this screams poor down and distance with inexcusable penalties.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You keep talking about that 20 points or less like you have actual expectations that are somehow viable. It ain't goin down, homey. Not with this team, no way, no how. The Skins defense hasn't held opponents to 20 or less points a game since 2008. They've allowed 27 points a game or better 3 of the last 4 years including this season. With picking up Norman, Q still learning as a CB, and hopefully BB shaking his funk. I think we're alright the CB position. The Skins and this is fucking mind numbing to me, haven't been able to come with one above average safety since Sean Taylor passed.Both ILB and OLB have been bad this year, really bad and the DL is most talent deficient of the defense. Name the last defensive line player for the Skins who coiuld ball and contributed for at least 3 seasons.

If the defense could hold teams under 20 points a game. The Skins would be in the discussion of teams who can legitimately compete for a SB trophy. 20 points or less a game is not happenin. The offense has a better chance to score 40 points a game.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep talking about that 20 points or less like you have actual expectations that are somehow viable. It ain't goin down, homey. Not with this team, no way, no how. The Skins defense hasn't held opponents to 20 or less points a game since 2008. They've allowed 27 points a game or better 3 of the last 4 years including this season. With picking up Norman, Q still learning as a CB, and hopefully BB shaking his funk. I think we're alright the CB position. The Skins and this is fucking mind numbing to me, haven't been able to come with one above average safety since Sean Taylor passed.Both ILB and OLB have been bad this year, really bad and the DL is most talent deficient of the defense. Name the last defensive line player for the Skins who coiuld ball and contributed for at least 3 seasons.

If the defense could hold teams under 20 points a game. The Skins would be in the discussion of teams who can legitimately compete for a SB trophy. 20 points or less a game is not happenin. The offense has a better chance to score 40 points a game.

I totally agre.. But peep this..

We gave up 27 to the Boys
We gave up 27 to the Giants
We gave up 20 to the Browns.

The Steelers were the outlier at 38.

So IM not really asking the world here.. .give up one TD less on average. Fuck if they hold Dallas to a FG on that last drive, worst case we get a tie out of it. The offense might not be the total solution.. but the defense is the problem holmes.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agre.. But peep this..

We gave up 27 to the Boys
We gave up 27 to the Giants
We gave up 20 to the Browns.

The Steelers were the outlier at 38.

So IM not really asking the world here.. .give up one TD less on average. Fuck if they hold Dallas to a FG on that last drive, worst case we get a tie out of it. The offense might not be the total solution.. but the defense is the problem holmes.

That's one way to look at it. Another way is if the def doesn't come up with those turnovers in the last 2 games. How many points do NY and Clave score?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer to look at it like this...we have a lot more money invested on offense than we do defense. Our offense should carry us. That being said, not playing fundamental football is inexcusable on defense. I'm all for gambling but you can gamble after the wrap up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer to look at it like this...we have a lot more money invested on offense than we do defense. Our offense should carry us. That being said, not playing fundamental football is inexcusable on defense. I'm all for gambling but you can gamble after the wrap up.

I don't really buy the theory that the Redskins D is doing poorly because they are trying to create turnovers & strip the ball. There have been numerous times where the D line & LBs were either blocked or the ball carrier just blew by them - it was not a matter of them whiffing because they were trying to create a turnover.

It is matter of not having adequate talent & certain players underperforming rt now. For all of the debates about Murphy I would give him major props in one area - he is performing to the best of his ability - time for some others to do the same.