• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Depth Chart of 2022

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just prior to the beginning of preseason and joint practice with the Dallas Cowboys, the depth chart has been released:

*Javonte Williams the starter
*Rypien 3rd string
*Dulcich lands in 2nd
*Purcell not a starter
*Oline the same as it's been in camp
*Washington sews up returner job

Thoughts?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just prior to the beginning of preseason and joint practice with the Dallas Cowboys, the depth chart has been released:

*Javonte Williams the starter
*Rypien 3rd string
*Dulcich lands in 2nd
*Purcell not a starter
*Oline the same as it's been in camp
*Washington sews up returner job

Thoughts?

Dulcich being 2nd wasn't surprising to me. Suabert being so far down at the TE position did. From all accounts he has been having a great training camp and maybe been the best TE of the group.

Would love to see Rypien get the backup job, but seems like the team is pretty set on Johnson.

The DL group is one that for sure interests me. I could see all 3 of the guys on the 2nd team unit off this team by the time the season starts.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Johnson was already named the backup. Doesn't mean it can't change in a blink of an eye but it is clear we want our backup to be a guy that we don't have to change the offense for. Like I said when we signed Johnson. He can sling it, he has a good arm. Sure you won't win a SB with him but he at least gives you a chance to win as he has proved that in the NFL when given the chance.. He isn't Russell Wilson or anything like that but at least we can run the same offense with him if he has to come in for Wilson. You really need a similar backup to your starter so you don't have to run two offenses. I like Rypien too. Going to guess if we try to store him on the PS he will not return to Denver. He was nearly snagged last year during the season so we activated him. He nearly signed with the Buccaneers PS last year over ours when we cut him. I am guessing it is active roster or he will try his luck somewhere else as he will at worst have other PS opportunities.

I don't get Andrew Beck over Saubert but that is just me. I have never been impressed with Beck since his first year here. Saubert offers more as a TE and special teams guy, IMO... Tomlinson is obviously on the roster to block so one of Beck or Saubert is going to go.

Remember, this is not set in stone but it does give you an indication who is on the outside looking in.

No real big surprises here. I am a little letdown that Seth Williams has not progressed better this year. I really liked him coming out. I am also sad that likely one or Jamar Johnson or Turner-Yell is likely to get released as I like both. I am happy both are ahead of JR Reed in the pecking order.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Hackett talks Albert O has definitely separated himself from Dulcich. Which he should with his potential and experience that Dulcich doesn't have now going into year 3. This is good news and no knock to Dulcich. This is what we should be hoping to see instead of a rookie over taking the 3rd year pro right from the start. Should see plenty of both.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Hackett talks Albert O has definitely separated himself from Dulcich. Which he should with his potential and experience that Dulcich doesn't have now going into year 3. This is good news and no knock to Dulcich. This is what we should be hoping to see instead of a rookie over taking the 3rd year pro right from the start. Should see plenty of both.
Albert O was my breakout star.

should be able to beat single coverage everytime.

not enough players on D to cover everyone and still play the run. Broncos have a mismatch to start

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Broncos told Albert O that they weren't going to throw him the ball this camp until he became a better, more willing blocker.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baron Browning third sting behind Bonito surprised me a bit as every report out of camp is he is crushing it and Bonito was that typical rookie.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baron Browning third sting behind Bonito surprised me a bit as every report out of camp is he is crushing it and Bonito was that typical rookie.
According to DB.com
He's 2nd team behind Chubb right now
Bonito is 2nd team on the opposite side

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to DB.com
He's 2nd team behind Chubb right now
Bonito is 2nd team on the opposite side
Good to see. The one posted above in this thread had him third behind Chubb and Bonito with Gregory and Reed on the other side.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see. The one posted above in this thread had him third behind Chubb and Bonito with Gregory and Reed on the other side.
Ourlads is a bit behind at this point. If Gregory couldn't go week 1 I fully expect that Browning would be starting opposite of Chubb. He has everyone at camp talking about how impressive he has been. Bonitto has been very up and down. Big explosive plays followed by getting blocked out of the play and being a liability. I can't see the Broncos wanting to start him. Really to me it would probably be between Browning and Reed more so than Bonitto getting the nod. Seems like Reed is having a pretty decent camp.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will all sort itself out. I think initially you always expect the guy with a year of experience that played pretty well last year ahead of a rookie on the initial depth chart so I can see the concern there.... But it is a depth chart and we are in our first week before PS.

In the end it will sort itself out. We are going to play the best players soooooo. I trust this team even if they do cut one of the S's I really like. ;)