• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Coach Fired

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking bets on which coach gets the axe first this year and when it happens.

Winner gets nothing.

OK, maybe a :pizza:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a brutal travel schedule, but if the Jets struggle, I can see Claude Joyeux Noel getting axed.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that i think its the right move, but i could see laviolette getting canned in short order if the flyers continue down this path.. hiring paddock as an asst and murray for the phantoms sets them up all too well to fire the coach..

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that i think its the right move, but i could see laviolette getting canned in short order if the flyers continue down this path.. hiring paddock as an asst and murray for the phantoms sets them up all too well to fire the coach..

He'd definitely be one of the first in the hot seat (fairly or not) if things don't go well because they had high hopes coming into the season.

I just hope they don't jump the gun because I think he's an excellent coach.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd definitely be one of the first in the hot seat (fairly or not) if things don't go well because they had high hopes coming into the season.

I just hope they don't jump the gun because I think he's an excellent coach.

to be completely honest, i think homer/snider saw something like this coming once they couldnt get sutter/parise/weber.. they're a very young team outside of briere and timonen, terry murray is one of the better 'teaching' coaches around.. if things came off the rails early this year, like they knew it could, the best thing to do would be to cut ties with an aggressive guy like laviolette, bring in a teacher, and let the guys learn in the down year.. sell off some of your older parts if you can (briere/timonen/talbot/fedetenko), have a good draft (aka please dear god draft a dman that pans out), and be active in the FA pool this summer

you don't hire an NHL coach for your AHL team, then hire your former AHL coach to be an assistant coach, without it being a contigency plan IMO

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My second choice would be Joe Sacco of Colorado, every time he's close to getting sacked, his team goes on a great run. He's playing with fire in Denver.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GatorChip likes this... and agrees!:suds:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he gets canned during the season because A: he's had a good track record and B: The Dolan's are loyal to assholes for some reason, but Torts has to perform this year. The New York media can sway the fans opinion in a heartbeat, and seeing as he basically told them to go eff themselves with his press conferences last year, I'd say he's another bad week or two away from hearing it from the fans at the Garden.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindy Ruff.

Rumored to be on shaky footing anyway after last year, and his grating style cold lose a room in a compressed schedule. Pegula is loyal, but he's done great things with that roster and seems like he will side with the young talent if the shit hits the fan.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he gets canned during the season because A: he's had a good track record and B: The Dolan's are loyal to assholes for some reason, but Torts has to perform this year. The New York media can sway the fans opinion in a heartbeat, and seeing as he basically told them to go eff themselves with his press conferences last year, I'd say he's another bad week or two away from hearing it from the fans at the Garden.

+1

They've got Nash. He was supposedly the missing piece. If they lose their next two against Boston & Philly he's going to be in trouble.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they're 2-0 right now but if the Sharks struggle at all I can see McLellan getting the axe.

San Jose might be desperate with the core aging.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1

They've got Nash. He was supposedly the missing piece. If they lose their next two against Boston & Philly he's going to be in trouble.

FIRE SALE!

Erixon and Mason for Nash!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they're 2-0 right now but if the Sharks struggle at all I can see McLellan getting the axe.

San Jose might be desperate with the core aging.

was listening to TSN last night in between intermissions. made me laugh the way they were writing off 0-3 teams and saying San Jose is now a legitimate threat for the Cup because so many wrote them off. they are 2-0 and beat Edmonton and Calgary...... yeah ok boys

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was listening to TSN last night in between intermissions. made me laugh the way they were writing off 0-3 teams and saying San Jose is now a legitimate threat for the Cup because so many wrote them off. they are 2-0 and beat Edmonton and Calgary...... yeah ok boys

By that Logic, the Jackets have to be cup favorites because they beat Nashville and lost in a shootout* to Detroit.

*No, I am not going to let it go.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Alabama could beat the Calgary Flames, Matty...

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see any firings for awhile. being a short season with no training camp, many of these guys will have more leash then normal

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And since torts has made a hobby of pissing off the press they are just waiting for him to fail.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see any firings for awhile. being a short season with no training camp, many of these guys will have more leash then normal

Could be that some guys end up on a shorter leash than usual I would think since there's less time to catch up if they fall behind.