• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Mattingly

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not putting this series on him but World Series and Don Mattingly just don't go together. We will never win a World Series championship under Donnie Mattingly.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All managers make bone headed decisions from time to time, I don't follow the Dodgers enough to know how many he makes, but he was not the one who gave up 9 runs and who got blanked in an elimination game.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I've seen him from him, I'd have to agree.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smh you're already making judgement based on that? He kept this team together when they were down and they made a huge turnaround with him leading the charge - so what he maybe made a few decisions that were odd but the fact is, the Dodgers can't get shutout in a game 6 of an elimination game - that's not the managers fault

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smh you're already making judgement based on that? He kept this team together when they were down and they made a huge turnaround with him leading the charge - so what he maybe made a few decisions that were odd but the fact is, the Dodgers can't get shutout in a game 6 of an elimination game - that's not the managers fault

Not even talking about this season. Don Mattingly will never win a World Series. PERIOD. We are wasting our time with him.

Btw, this is the Dodgers board. The Phillies board is somewhere.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even talking about this season. Don Mattingly will never win a World Series. PERIOD. We are wasting our time with him.

Btw, this is the Dodgers board. The Phillies board is somewhere.
Just because I'm a Phillies fan means that I can't post in this thread? lol

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can post, but you seem to be trolling.
I wasn't trolling - I'm simply saying that for Dodgers fans to overreact after their team made one of the biggest regular season turnarounds and to be 6 wins away from a World Series is stupid - a lot of teams would kill to be in the Dodgers position - like any team in baseball, tweaks are needed and that's what they'll do this offseason, but to say Don Mattingly should be fired because you don't think he'll ever win a WS is a bit asinine - at the end of the day, you are only as good as the players on the field, he gets your wrath because they got shut out - maybe he kept Kershaw in too long and maybe he shouldn't have started Hanley but he didn't hit for them tonight, so that's on the players

Let this team grow and see what they got next year

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Don Mattingly's history in MLB. The World Series will keep avoiding him. And on top of that, he's a terrible manager.

WHIZENATOR

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No amount of money or coach could bring the Dodgers to a championship. I can't even remember the last time they won a world series.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just comparing him to Matheny I didn't feel like he was as good. Maybe I'm jumping the gun on him, I've always liked Mattingly but I can't say I agree with his lineup or some crucial mistakes he made. Just my opinion and if he proves me wrong I'll be glad.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trolling - I'm simply saying that for Dodgers fans to overreact after their team made one of the biggest regular season turnarounds and to be 6 wins away from a World Series is stupid - a lot of teams would kill to be in the Dodgers position - like any team in baseball, tweaks are needed and that's what they'll do this offseason, but to say Don Mattingly should be fired because you don't think he'll ever win a WS is a bit asinine - at the end of the day, you are only as good as the players on the field, he gets your wrath because they got shut out - maybe he kept Kershaw in too long and maybe he shouldn't have started Hanley but he didn't hit for them tonight, so that's on the players

Let this team grow and see what they got next year

Welcome, Cobiemonster. You are a lot more sane than a lot of other fans.

I agree with your assessment of the Dodgers and Mattingly. The Dodgers had a great Season. They fell short, but overall they did a nice job. The Dodgers luster has returned.

I like Mattingly and I think the players do, too. Sure, he makes mistakes. Every manager does, but the Dodgers coming up short isn't Mattingly's fault. The players didn't execute and the Cardinals did what they had to do to win.

I'm looking forward to next year and expect another great season.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just comparing him to Matheny I didn't feel like he was as good. Maybe I'm jumping the gun on him, I've always liked Mattingly but I can't say I agree with his lineup or some crucial mistakes he made. Just my opinion and if he proves me wrong I'll be glad.

Bingo!

Mattingly was a great player.
Mattingly is a great person.
Mattingly is a terrible manager.

That just about sums it up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is ridiculous. The Dodgers lost with their best player coming short. That isnt on the manager.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is ridiculous. The Dodgers lost with their best player coming short. That isnt on the manager.

The Dodgers lost because Joe Kelly threw at our best player and broke his ribs. And Mattingly still can not manage.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers lost because Joe Kelly threw at our best player and broke his ribs. And Mattingly still can not manage.
Clayton Kershaw is the Dodgers best player. He is the best pitcher in baseball...he just has some troubles in STL for some weird reason. Kershaw is probably one of the 3 or 4 most valuable players in the league.

But I am selling Joe Kellys ability to injure players short because he's an assassin

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanley's an idiot for raising his arm and getting hit in the ribs. But Hanley was clearly our best player. Puig got all the credit but this tam took off when Hanley returned from the DL.

Yes, Kershaw is our best pitcher and the best pitcher in the majors. However, he didn't have it today and Mattingly hung him out to dry. But it didn't matter who started for us. We couldn't score. Hanley is our best source of offense and he probably shouldn't have even been on the field cause he was clearly hurting. Again, on Mattingly and the coaching staff.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattingly isn't going to be fired, nor does he deserve to be. Get over it and move on.

The Dodgers can be proud of their season. They overcame some major challenges to reach the playoffs. Only two of 30 teams advanced further. This is a new era, and the Dodgers will continue to improve and be contenders for a long time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattingly isn't going to be fired, nor does he deserve to be. Get over it and move on.

The Dodgers can be proud of their season. They overcame some major challenges to reach the playoffs. Only two of 30 teams advanced further. This is a new era, and the Dodgers will continue to improve and be contenders for a long time.

:agree: It was his first post season as manager. He will learn. It's also clear that he is a manager that the players want to play for, which is also important!!