• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FIRE BEVELL

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I started this thread. And you know what the difference is? We're dialing up aggressive, vertical routes towards the middle of the field. Blocking certainly helps but getting that ball out quick on those throws helps out a lot as well. These are the plays we should have been running against the Rams and the Dolphins. Don't let them get away with stacking the box and have faith in your QB to make some risky throws. Also take advantage of the beast who's still open when he's draped by a defender. Enough with overly-conservative crap hoping we can win the turnover battle and have Wilson bail us out at the end. Hopefully they've clued in. Why be stuck in some 10-9 slug fest against a mediocre team when you have have it like 20-3 at halftime?

But they 'figured this out' last year in the last half too. So, either they're just selectively stupid OR (Occam's razor) there were issues with the protection to discourage making those plays in the first two games.

I'm going to go with 'B.'

Since the first half of last year they struggled too and they've said that was about 2 things; the first being protection getting better and the second being their confidence in Russ to make the reads and get the ball out faster.

Apparently (just read this today), he's making even better progress in getting the ball out earlier. Because he's this year in the top ten in release time. He'd never been higher than about 30th before.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they 'figured this out' last year in the last half too. So, either they're just selectively stupid OR (Occam's razor) there were issues with the protection to discourage making those plays in the first two games.

I'm going to go with 'B.'

Since the first half of last year they struggled too and they've said that was about 2 things; the first being protection getting better and the second being their confidence in Russ to make the reads and get the ball out faster.

Apparently (just read this today), he's making even better progress in getting the ball out earlier. Because he's this year in the top ten in release time. He'd never been higher than about 30th before.

This isn't Occam's razor. You can see the crap in-game. Wilson throws an INT? Nothing but out-routes and draws. You think that the Pac or Patriot offense is going into a shell once their guy throws a pick? You can go through old game threads on this site and see how it happened. PC had the luxury of one of the most punishing backs of all time so ground and pound and eat the clock worked. We don't have that luxury anymore and hopefully he's clued in that you have to attack the middle of the field to keep the dogs off. Make those LB'ers back off. Last two games have been great. They should keep it up instead of a dose of WR screens, read options, guys sitting down in the zone looking for the scramble drill to work, ...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief guys.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief guys.

About what? You haven't noticed that the offense seems to miraculously start to loosen up when we go aggressively up the seam? It's been obvious for over 2 years!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about Russ's fault, it's just about handing the football off not risking your QB from getting hit because the game was basically over ... He's playing with a sprained MCL...

Audibles have to be communicated to the entire team, there easy to see ... I didn't notice any audible on the play did you ?

I'm watching the replay of the 4th quarter right now. Wilson is communicating with the offense on every single play. Which is what you expect from a franchise QB at this point, to make calls at the line whether he's changing the play or not just to keep the defense honest.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't Occam's razor. You can see the crap in-game. Wilson throws an INT? Nothing but out-routes and draws. You think that the Pac or Patriot offense is going into a shell once their guy throws a pick? You can go through old game threads on this site and see how it happened. PC had the luxury of one of the most punishing backs of all time so ground and pound and eat the clock worked. We don't have that luxury anymore and hopefully he's clued in that you have to attack the middle of the field to keep the dogs off. Make those LB'ers back off. Last two games have been great. They should keep it up instead of a dose of WR screens, read options, guys sitting down in the zone looking for the scramble drill to work, ...

It's more complicated than that. <shrug> But we've done this to death. Just navel gazing anyways. Pete was gushing about Bevell in his interview on Brock and Salk today.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching the replay of the 4th quarter right now. Wilson is communicating with the offense on every single play. Which is what you expect from a franchise QB at this point, to make calls at the line whether he's changing the play or not just to keep the defense honest.

I hope they're giving him that power at this point, he's earned it ... Usually you can tell if it's an audible though because everyone has to be on the same page run or pass... I don't know how much control Wilson truly has at this point, but I hope he get's TOTAL control... Then Bevell can call whatever he wants and it won't matter, Wilson can over-ride any situation...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they're giving him that power at this point, he's earned it ... Usually you can tell if it's an audible though because everyone has to be on the same page run or pass... I don't know how much control Wilson truly has at this point, but I hope he get's TOTAL control... Then Bevell can call whatever he wants and it won't matter, Wilson can over-ride any situation...
And you will STILL blame bevell for every changed call that Wilson makes when he shouldn't have. And on every play that was a good call but blown execution. And on everything else knee jerk that fans can put on him.

I bet some of you would still want to fire him if we had back to back seasons where we go to the super bowl. Oh wait. :tsk:

BTW, Wilson being able to change the call at the line isn't new. He is doing it more and has more options and more reads, but just the concept isn't new. So it isn't possible AT ALL to know what play was ever called out, nor whether or not Wilson read it all correctly and did what was assigned for that situation.

Wins/Losses That's what I look at. And we win a hell of a lot more than we lose. We go to the playoffs every year. We have been to the SB twice in recent years and won it once in dominating fashion.

Carroll and RS have done a fantastic job. Not without error or things less than perfect, but fantastic none the less. I'm going to go ahead and trust that THEY know what Bevell is doing and how much blame/credit goes to him. They are the only people that have even a remote chance to know it. Every single one of you bitching and moaning over it endlessly have zero idea what you are bitching about.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you will STILL blame bevell for every changed call that Wilson makes when he shouldn't have. And on every play that was a good call but blown execution. And on everything else knee jerk that fans can put on him.

I bet some of you would still want to fire him if we had back to back seasons where we go to the super bowl. Oh wait. :tsk:

BTW, Wilson being able to change the call at the line isn't new. He is doing it more and has more options and more reads, but just the concept isn't new. So it isn't possible AT ALL to know what play was ever called out, nor whether or not Wilson read it all correctly and did what was assigned for that situation.

Wins/Losses That's what I look at. And we win a hell of a lot more than we lose. We go to the playoffs every year. We have been to the SB twice in recent years and won it once in dominating fashion.

Carroll and RS have done a fantastic job. Not without error or things less than perfect, but fantastic none the less. I'm going to go ahead and trust that THEY know what Bevell is doing and how much blame/credit goes to him. They are the only people that have even a remote chance to know it. Every single one of you bitching and moaning over it endlessly have zero idea what you are bitching about.

Knee jerk, lol.... dude your little jabs don't mean shit to me ... I've been watching Bevell enough years for it not to be knee jerk... I got my opinion about Bevell you got yours... He can leave yesterday and this team will be just fine ... Seahawks don't need Bevell, Bevell needs the Seahawks... I hope the guy calls good games but I don't have faith in him, I lost that when he gave up Super-Bowl XLIX with what was the most retarded play call I've ever seen in my entire life... Before that play even happened I didn't like Bevell, as a matter of fact I was SCREAMING DON"T YOU DO IT BEVELL BEFORE THE FUCKING PLAY HAPPENED!!!!! Why would I be doing that ? Why would I even think it ? Because Bevell has done that shit before, remember Lynch flipping him off in a game ? I DO ... Anyway dude you and myself are gonna go dark, so let's move on... IF Bevell does stupid shit I"m gonna post what I feel, don't respond if you don't like it .. Go Hawks ...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is, you have no clue when it's bevell that does something stupid. Your excuse over the SB last play has already been disproved over and over again. You simply see what you want to see to justify something you can't possibly know. And most of the time I ignore this BS because I know full well you can't help those that do not accept it. Yet here and there I can't resist the urge to try once again. Maybe there is someone more open and reasonable reading this that might educate themselves on how an NFL offense works so they too don't end up down these dark rabbit holes of misinformation and ill placed blame.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is, you have no clue when it's bevell that does something stupid. Your excuse over the SB last play has already been disproved over and over again. You simply see what you want to see to justify something you can't possibly know. And most of the time I ignore this BS because I know full well you can't help those that do not accept it. Yet here and there I can't resist the urge to try once again. Maybe there is someone more open and reasonable reading this that might educate themselves on how an NFL offense works so they too don't end up down these dark rabbit holes of misinformation and ill placed blame.

NO NO NO ... It's not disproved.. The Super-Bowl play was a disaster in every word... Not a chance in hell I was ever convinced otherwise or will ever be convinced any other way ... Dam near every football expert agree's it was the worst call EVER made in Super-Bowl history....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.

And no, been there, done that.

Ah hindsight!

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we need to fire Bevell..... word on the street is that this Sunday, the Seahawks are guaranteed to NOT earn a victory! This is unacceptable! The man just needs to go!

:lm: :lm: :lm:

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness here now.... what I'm getting here is that people want Bevell's head on a pike is because of the last Super Bowl??? That was two seasons ago. Time to move on and cheer for your team. Hoping for some team failure (to get Bevell fired) or just amplifying any negative with the offense is just getting old now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO NO NO ... It's not disproved.. The Super-Bowl play was a disaster in every word... Not a chance in hell I was ever convinced otherwise or will ever be convinced any other way ... Dam near every football expert agree's it was the worst call EVER made in Super-Bowl history....

A. Funny how the pundits all agree that it was the worst call evah but coaches seems to have a very different opinion.
B. You don't know ho made the call to throw the ball.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Funny how the pundits all agree that it was the worst call evah but coaches seems to have a very different opinion.
B. You don't know ho made the call to throw the ball.

C. It really doesn't matter....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was disproved WHO was responsible for the play and that's what this is all about. Why you people obsess over that play is beyond me. Move on.

I'm going to assume for a minute that you never played football and never coached it. I assume that because there are a LOT of things that go into running an offense that are outside of what actual play is called in which situation. And the general public has no tools to see inside of that. And at the pro level the amount of those calls that are on the QB are substantial. It goes well beyond what you might have seen in high school football.

I said you were guilty of knee jerk reactions and that is an example. Play goes bad, blame the caller. That's what the Bevell haters do. You don't see pundits that know football calling him out. You don't see educated media saying he's a cancer and needs to go. The noise is those who erroneously simply the game to every bad play equals bad OC and every successful play happens in spite of the bad OC.

And none of the Bevell haters can answer to the point that Pete and John continue to keep him and support him. If he is really as bad as you believe he is you MUST think those two are at fault and should be fired for being that incompetent. I mean you can't have the worst OC in all of the world and not blame the people who keep him employed for not being smarter.