• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Finished my first draft.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had the 11th pick in a 12 team league

11 LeSean McCoy, Phi RB
14 Calvin Johnson, Det WR
35 Miles Austin, Dal WR
38 LeGarrette Blount, TB RB
59 Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
62 Percy Harvin, Min WR
83 Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB
86 Marcedes Lewis, Jac TE
107 Plaxico Burress, NYJ WR
110 Ravens D/ST D/ST
131 Matt Cassel, KC QB
134 Hines Ward, Pit WR
155 Stephen Gostkowski, NE K
158 Antonio Brown, Pit WR
179 Terrell Owens*, FA WR
182 Nate Washington, Ten WR

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Ben
RB McCoy
RB Blount
WR/RB Harvin
WR Austin
WR Johnson
TE Lewis
D/ST Ravens
K Gostkowski
BE Burress
BE Cassel
BE Ward
BE Brown
BE Owens
BE Washington
BE Lynch

Eh. its ok

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
QB Ben
RB McCoy
RB Blount
WR/RB Harvin
WR Austin
WR Johnson
TE Lewis
D/ST Ravens
K Gostkowski
BE Burress
BE Cassel
BE Ward
BE Brown
BE Owens
BE Washington
BE Lynch

Eh. its ok

11th pick is tough and 12 teams. It looks like everyone has holes on their teams. My Wrs look good, Rb is pretty good, I picked Ben mainly due to the schedule down the stretch.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11th pick is tough and 12 teams. It looks like everyone has holes on their teams. My Wrs look good, Rb is pretty good, I picked Ben mainly due to the schedule down the stretch.

I don't think of Roethlisberger being a bad pick at all. You may be a little light on the RB side, but doesn't look to bad overall.

After my draft and two trades since, my team looks like:

Starters -

Tom Brady
Mike Wallace
Marquise Colston
Julio Jones
Michael Turner
Darren McFadden
Rob Gronkowski
Alex Henery
GB Defense

Bench-

Jimmy Graham
Kevin Kolb
A.J. Green
Brandon Jacobs
Steven Jackson
Lee Evans

I originally had Roethlisberger, both SD runningbacks and traded them for Brady, Evans and Jacobs. Go me.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think of Roethlisberger being a bad pick at all. You may be a little light on the RB side, but doesn't look to bad overall.

After my draft and two trades since, my team looks like:

Starters -

Tom Brady
Mike Wallace
Marquise Colston
Julio Jones
Michael Turner
Darren McFadden
Rob Gronkowski
Alex Henery
GB Defense

Bench-

Jimmy Graham
Kevin Kolb
A.J. Green
Brandon Jacobs
Steven Jackson
Lee Evans

I originally had Roethlisberger, both SD runningbacks and traded them for Brady, Evans and Jacobs. Go me.

I hope that is a free league, trading Ben and 2 rbs from the same team shouldn't get you a top 2 QB.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished my first last night. 12-team league.

Brees.
Mendenhall.
Beanie Wells. :-)D)
Tim Hightower.
Desean Jackson
Holmes
Lee Evans
Winslow
Steelers D.
Jay Feely.

Bench:
Mike Tolbert.
Stafford.
Branch.
Javon Ringer. (In case CJ sits out.)
Kendall Hunter. (For when/if Gore gets hurt.)
Aaaron Hernandez.
Nate Burleson.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're in a 12 team league and you waste a pick on another QB then you're an idiot. If you draft a defense or kicker before the last 2 rounds then you're an idiot.

Carry on.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you're in a 12 team league and you waste a pick on another QB then you're an idiot. If you draft a defense or kicker before the last 2 rounds then you're an idiot.

Carry on.

So you probably end up starting a defense that loses points, and not having a backup QB with 6 bench spots makes you the idiot here.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that is a free league, trading Ben and 2 rbs from the same team shouldn't get you a top 2 QB.

It was user-error. This one guy was drunk and drafter Brady in the first round, then Brees in the second. The next day he came in to work and realized what he had done. We only play one QB and 2 RBS, so he realized how light he was there. I originally offered him a trade involving McFadden, but he said that he wanted some depth at RB too, so he asked for the Chargers guys. Totally lopsided, I know. But what would you do if that was proposed to you? I hit accept as quick as possible.

Oddly enough, he really turned a bad draft into a strong starting lineup with Brees at QB, (probably) Matthews and Bradshaw at RB (Benson and Tolbert for depth), Ward, Welker and S. Moss at WR. Then he has Keller at TE, Vinitari at K and Chi defense. A big difference from a terrible draft.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just finished my first last night. 12-team league.

Brees.
Mendenhall.
Beanie Wells. :-)D)
Tim Hightower.
Desean Jackson
Holmes
Lee Evans
Winslow
Steelers D.
Jay Feely.

Bench:
Mike Tolbert.
Stafford.
Branch.
Javon Ringer. (In case CJ sits out.)
Kendall Hunter. (For when/if Gore gets hurt.)
Aaaron Hernandez.
Nate Burleson.

Which pick did you have? My guess is 5-8

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll take that bet. Injuries are usually what determines how good/bad a roster finishes, so it's on.

Let me get this straight...We are betting on what smokes draft position was correct?

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you probably end up starting a defense that loses points, and not having a backup QB with 6 bench spots makes you the idiot here.

Yep. I had a habit of picking D's and backup QB's towards the end in previous years, but I got tired of getting so-so D's and QB's.

I felt I had a good starting lineup and a few good backup's when I decided to take the Pitt D then followed by Stafford.
I think Stafford might finally be healthy this year and thought he might be good trade bait later on.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I had a habit of picking D's and backup QB's towards the end in previous years, but I got tired of getting so-so D's and QB's.

I felt I had a good starting lineup and a few good backup's when I decided to take the Pitt D then followed by Stafford.
I think Stafford might finally be healthy this year and thought he might be good trade bait later on.

I can see Stafford having a 25+ TD year if he's healthy. He has some great weapons and plays in a division that will force him to air it out.

I think we all know that there's no better d than in Pittsburgh. ;)

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can see Stafford having a 25+ TD year if he's healthy. He has some great weapons and plays in a division that will force him to air it out.

I think we all know that there's no better d than in Pittsburgh. ;)

25+ TDs would put him in the top ten from last season. That seems like a HUGE stretch for me to buy that.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25+ TDs would put him in the top ten from last season. That seems like a HUGE stretch for me to buy that.

He has the weapons. 25 TDs looks great, right? Eli surpassed that mark last year, Schaub came out of nowhere to hit like 36(?) two years ago. If he's healthy, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He has the weapons. 25 TDs looks great, right? Eli surpassed that mark last year, Schaub came out of nowhere to hit like 36(?) two years ago. If he's healthy, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

As far as I can tell he has a weapon, not sure abou tanyone outside of Johnson. Schaub has more weapons if you ask me as does Eli, and neither got 25+ this early in their careers.