• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Finding Your Roots

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of cool how far back they can trace some families.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my favorite show. The host got into a bit of trouble last year when he let one of the guests hide the fact that there were slave owners in his family tree. He was reprimanded.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my favorite show. The host got into a bit of trouble last year when he let one of the guests hide the fact that there were slave owners in his family tree. He was reprimanded.
I don't watch the show, nor have I ever even heard of it.

But why would someone try to hide what some way-back ancestor did? I have a saint in my lineage. I also have a founder of the NY Cotton Exchange. I also, unfortunately, have a slave trader (at least he captained a ship that was supposedly used for transport).

History is not all cookies and roses. Sometimes shit is found. But it is all just stories at this point. The Saint does not reflect who I am. Neither does the captain.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch the show, nor have I ever even heard of it.

But why would someone try to hide what some way-back ancestor did? I have a saint in my lineage. I also have a founder of the NY Cotton Exchange. I also, unfortunately, have a slave trader (at least he captained a ship that was supposedly used for transport).

History is not all cookies and roses. Sometimes shit is found. But it is all just stories at this point. The Saint does not reflect who I am. Neither does the captain.
Why? I guess this is the answer:

But Affleck was “embarassed” by his slave-owning ancestor, he wrote on Facebook. “The very thought left a bad taste in my mouth.”

There are numerous online links, but the above was from this one: After omitting details of Ben Affleck’s slave-owning ancestor, ‘Finding Your Roots’ is suspended by PBS