• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Finally, we have a game today!

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta settle down on some of the Sanchez hate. Yeah he didn't have the best ball placement, and he had one big whiff -- but this is still the first preseason game. I loved the quick decision making and finding his target. He didn't necessarily put the ball in danger of INT, but he didn't give his WRs the best opportunity to catch the ball cleanly and in stride. I saw improved zip on the ball. He also showed nice pocket awareness and escape-ability, ducking under a defender right in his face and then quickly getting up the field for positive yardage. Hopefully the inaccuracy was just a little rust and his timing was slightly off -- he has been getting the majority of the snaps with the #2's in camp, while starting with the 1's today - a bit of a change there in regards to timing and knowing your WRs depth on different routes. The Matthews miss was plain ugly, but I saw some improvements in his mechanics and he looked more comfortable in his 2nd year. Hopefully he'll play better vs the Ravens, because I don't feel comfortable with Barkley or Teblow.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This system is "very" QB friendly and Bradford is more accurate than Sanchez (when given time). As long as Bradford is healthy, we will be just fine. Great to see Bird football again, but hard to take much out of Week 1 of the preseason. Our front 7 looked good ... J Watkins looked like poop, Agholor will be a nice replacement for Maclin. Our run blocking looked good; only week one but Gardner looked good at RG. J Matthews could have a big year ... I think he goes for 1300 yards and 10 TD's.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a lot of positive signs out there. The defense looks like it will be good. The secondary is improved due to better coaching and talent. The OL may be OK, though I still worry about a lack of depth there. The WR depth overall is better than a year ago. Bottom line is it will come down to Bradford. If he plays well and stays healthy this is likely a playoff team. If not...8-8 with Sanchez.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez stinks and i don't know what Chip sees in him.

I was happy with everything else.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta settle down on some of the Sanchez hate. Yeah he didn't have the best ball placement, and he had one big whiff -- but this is still the first preseason game. I loved the quick decision making and finding his target. He didn't necessarily put the ball in danger of INT, but he didn't give his WRs the best opportunity to catch the ball cleanly and in stride. I saw improved zip on the ball. He also showed nice pocket awareness and escape-ability, ducking under a defender right in his face and then quickly getting up the field for positive yardage. Hopefully the inaccuracy was just a little rust and his timing was slightly off -- he has been getting the majority of the snaps with the #2's in camp, while starting with the 1's today - a bit of a change there in regards to timing and knowing your WRs depth on different routes. The Matthews miss was plain ugly, but I saw some improvements in his mechanics and he looked more comfortable in his 2nd year. Hopefully he'll play better vs the Ravens, because I don't feel comfortable with Barkley or Teblow.
Sanchez worked with the #1s all off season, though.

They've only been in camp 2 weeks.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez worked with the #1s all off season, though.

They've only been in camp 2 weeks.

Well my point wasn't all about that. Look, I've never been a Sanchez guy, but I think he did a nice job last year -- his first year in the system. He was off on his ball placement and accuracy in his first preseason game of 2015 - I'm not going to overreact just yet. I thought he displayed better mechanics, decisiveness, made the right read, and had good zip on the ball…Unfortunately he was just off his mark(no pun), I think he'll bounce back. I also think we're a playoff team with Sanchez at the helm, and a top 3 NFC team with Bradford. This defensive front 7 has a chance to be special, with the secondary also looking like it should be greatly upgraded, throw in a ton of offensive talent and a great scheme -- I'm excited to see the outcome.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admire your top 3 NFC prediction, and I hope it happens. I think they could be, as I think only Seattle is definitely ahead of us, and I don't see where GBAY is superior, with the exception of Aaron Rodgers. I think Dallas and Arizona are in the mix as well, so, barring a lot of serious injuries (which is the equalizer of all teams), we are an elite team in the NFC. A step further, I don't see any AFC team that is better than the Eagles. We'll see how we look in the scrimmages v.s the Ravens, and the game on Saturday.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is kind of a big exception.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my point wasn't all about that. Look, I've never been a Sanchez guy, but I think he did a nice job last year -- his first year in the system. He was off on his ball placement and accuracy in his first preseason game of 2015 - I'm not going to overreact just yet. I thought he displayed better mechanics, decisiveness, made the right read, and had good zip on the ball…Unfortunately he was just off his mark(no pun), I think he'll bounce back. I also think we're a playoff team with Sanchez at the helm, and a top 3 NFC team with Bradford. This defensive front 7 has a chance to be special, with the secondary also looking like it should be greatly upgraded, throw in a ton of offensive talent and a great scheme -- I'm excited to see the outcome.
The reports from camp about Bradford are all positive. Our season rests with him (and the OL). If Sanchez gets in (and todays camp report said he looked as bad today as Sunday) we're toast.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC
1. Seahawks
2. Packers
3. Eagles
4. Lions
5. Cowturds
6. Falcons

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC
1. Seahawks
2. Packers
3. Eagles
4. Lions
5. Cowturds
6. Falcons

Seems about right. I'd probably put the Cardinals at #6 rather than the Falcons though.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we switched QBs with Green Bay, yea we are going to the Super Bowl no doubt. But that is a HUGE If.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems about right. I'd probably put the Cardinals at #6 rather than the Falcons though.

I was back and forth on the Falcons and Cardinals, but the Falcons get the edge because they have a good chance finishing 1st in that division…which = a playoff spot