• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fiesty Red Sox come back again, Yankees blow 2 leads, & Brooklyn hates Joos

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh stephen drew...just like your big brother. oft-injured, underachiever...but can come up with a big hit when we least expect it.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swastika, slurs foul Robinson statue

Updated: August 7, 2013, 5:43 PM ET
By Adam Rubin | ESPNNewYork.com

[+] EnlargeCourtesy of Brooklyn CyclonesPolice are probing racist graffiti found on the famous Jackie Robinson and Pee Wee Reese statue in Brooklyn as a hate crime.

NEW YORK -- Employees of the Class A Brooklyn Cyclones, a New York Mets affiliate, arrived at work Wednesday morning to find swastikas and racial and anti-Semitic epithets painted on a statue of Jackie Robinson and Pee Wee Reese that is on display outside MCU Park.
The statue shows Reese with his arm around Robinson and commemorates the moment at Cincinnati's Crosley Field when Reese, playing before his family, showed his solidarity with Robinson amid ugly backlash about the integration of Major League Baseball. The moment was recreated in the recent movie "42."
The New York City Police Department is investigating the incident at the Coney Island ballpark. There is video surveillance outside the ballpark, a Cyclones spokesman said.
"This is being treated as a bias crime," detective John Nevandro of the 60th precinct said in a statement. "Hate Crimes will investigate the incident."
Team employees successfully removed the graffiti from the metallic statue but were having difficulty eradicating it from the stone base. They covered up what could not be removed so fans were not subjected to seeing the epithets upon arriving for a day game between the Brooklyn Cyclones and Connecticut Tigers.
The New York City Parks Department, which is charged with maintaining the statue, has dispatched help to treat the statue's base.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
todays sox comments from people who hate boston:

"5 runs to the atsros?"

:noidea:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a tough year to be a fan of that team in that lil fishing village south of here:

Yankees lose leads in 9th, then 12th against White Sox

:laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many thanks to martin prado for breaking the rays AGAIN for us

2.5 game lead

some very smart sox fan said the rays didnt have staying power and 'not to worry' about the rays

:whistle:

its only 2.5 games and theres time left ofcourse...but i stick by what i said

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes Welker still has BB on the brain. Dude...... STFU!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, saw that

he isnt the first to say that stuff tho

Just heard that this morning. I know he isn't but come on man.... you are how old now and on a different team... Take it like a man and move on. So what he "called you out" in front of teammates... A coaches job is to get the most out of said players... It's not like BB knocked him out in front of the team or anything.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Phils, Chase Utley have deal

PHILADELPHIA -- Chase Utley is staying in those red pinstripes.
Utley and the Phillies agreed to a contract that could keep the five-time All-Star second baseman in Philadelphia through at least the 2015 season, sources confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday.
The deal is worth $27 million for two seasons with multiple vesting options, sources told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark.
Utley has battled knee injuries in the past, but that hasn't been a problem this year. He missed a month with an oblique injury.
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0807/mlb_g_chase-utley_mb_600.jpg

"We'd like to keep the man in our pinstripes," general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said last week.
Before the All-Star break, Utley said: "I've never envisioned wearing another team's uniform."
Utley, who turns 35 on Dec. 17, would've been a free agent after the season. He's in the last year of an $85 million contract signed in January 2007.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Phils, Chase Utley have deal

PHILADELPHIA -- Chase Utley is staying in those red pinstripes.
Utley and the Phillies agreed to a contract that could keep the five-time All-Star second baseman in Philadelphia through at least the 2015 season, sources confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday.
The deal is worth $27 million for two seasons with multiple vesting options, sources told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark.
Utley has battled knee injuries in the past, but that hasn't been a problem this year. He missed a month with an oblique injury.
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0807/mlb_g_chase-utley_mb_600.jpg

"We'd like to keep the man in our pinstripes," general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said last week.
Before the All-Star break, Utley said: "I've never envisioned wearing another team's uniform."
Utley, who turns 35 on Dec. 17, would've been a free agent after the season. He's in the last year of an $85 million contract signed in January 2007.

Just on the Phillies board.... Not many people are happy with this deal

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard that this morning. I know he isn't but come on man.... you are how old now and on a different team... Take it like a man and move on. So what he "called you out" in front of teammates... A coaches job is to get the most out of said players... It's not like BB knocked him out in front of the team or anything.

guaranteed the peons in here will make a huge deal out of this too...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just on the Phillies board.... Not many people are happy with this deal

i know

i know 2nd baseman are a commodity, but hes gonna be 35 this offseason

2 more years?

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sox this year just never seem out of it. They battle back.. yes i know 5 runs to the astros.. but it was dumpster pitching.. you never know what you are going to get from him.. he typically limits the runs to the first few innings, you just hope the bats can catch fire and help him out a little

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sox this year just never seem out of it. They battle back.. yes i know 5 runs to the astros.. but it was dumpster pitching.. you never know what you are going to get from him.. he typically limits the runs to the first few innings, you just hope the bats can catch fire and help him out a little

i really like this team to make a run

not saying a WS, tho its possible...but a deep run? why not?

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker even said.. "he does it to everyone" so its not like he got differential treatment.. if you have several drops of passes that hit both your hands.. be prepared to get called out. Get over it. Keep your mouth shut.. you just give BB and the Pats more fuel for when they play.. he knows how those words will be used..

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really like this team to make a run

not saying a WS, tho its possible...but a deep run? why not?

I agree with you we have that potential. If we can get our starting pitching to limit the early runs and gain some confidence i can see us going deep. theres 46 games left..

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you we have that potential. If we can get our starting pitching to limit the early runs and gain some confidence i can see us going deep. theres 46 games left..

careful how you say "we" in here

on some days, ox will ask if you play for the sox

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remeber this on the news...what a dummy...

Budget cuts spell end of fire-ravaged nuclear sub

By Emily Smith and Barbara Starr, CNN
updated 6:31 AM EDT, Thu August 8, 2013

130807194149-uss-miami-horizontal-gallery.jpg
On Tuesday, August 6, the Navy announced that despite the demand for attack submarines being "as strong as ever," the USS Miami is being deactivated because the repairs are too costly. The submarine was damaged in 2012 after worker Casey James Fury set a fire on board the sub.

• Casey James Fury is serving 17 years for setting fire to the USS Miami
  • The fire caused $400 million damage to the nuclear submarine
  • Because of sequestration, the Navy says, it can't afford the repairs
  • Rear Admiral: Scope of required work is "four times greater" than any previous repairs

(CNN) -- Casey James Fury simply didn't want to be at work, and in the process cost the Navy nearly a half-billion dollars and one attack submarine.
Fury admitted to setting fire to the USS Miami, a nuclear sub, in May 2012 while it was in dry dock. He was sentenced to 17 years in federal prison in March and ordered to pay $400 million in restitution -- roughly the cost of the damage.
The Navy won't see anything close to that amount from Fury, of course, but neither will it from Uncle Sam.
On Tuesday, the Navy announced that despite the demand for attack submarines being "as strong as ever," the Miami is being inactivated. The reason: Under sequestration, the federal government's forced budget cuts, the Navy simply can't afford to make the repairs.
"The type of damage was unlike anything we'd seen in recent memory," Rear Admiral Richard Breckenridge, director of undersea warfare, said on a Navy Live blog post. "The anticipated scope of work is four times greater than any previous submarine repair due to damage," the post continued.
Breckenridge blamed across-board budget cuts, saying, "Sequestration pressures remove the needed foundation of stability to support an endeavor of this magnitude."
Fury was working inside the Miami on May 23 as a painter and sandblaster while the Los Angeles-class attack submarine was at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Maine undergoing a massive overhaul.
Initial investigations by the Navy found that the fire may have been started by a vacuum cleaner. But a federal criminal complaint said Fury admitted to setting fire to a pile of rags near a vacuum cleaner in a stateroom in the submarine.
Seven people were injured in the blaze, including three shipyard firefighters. The sub's reactor was not operating when the fire broke out and remained unaffected and stable throughout, Capt. Bryant Fuller, commander for the shipyard, said at the time.
Fury also admitted to starting a second fire at the dry dock three weeks later, according to federal court documents. The second fire was started in an area underneath the submarine where Fury was working. In both cases, he told investigators that he started the fires because he was having extreme anxiety and was trying to get out of work, according to federal documents.
U.S. Sens. Susan Collins and Angus King of Maine, and Jeanne Shaheen and Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire, expressed their disappointment at the announcement, saying in a statement that inactivating the Miami, "will mean a loss to our nuclear submarine fleet -- yet another unfortunate consequence of the across-the-board cuts known as sequestration. We will continue to work together to find a responsible budget solution that replaces sequestration."
Japan launches largest warship since World War II
The Miami was commissioned in 1990 and was one of 42 Los Angeles-class subs in the U.S. fleet. It carried a crew of 12 officers and 98 enlisted personnel, according to the Navy, and was capable of carrying Tomahawk cruise missiles and Mark 48 torpedoes. No weapons were on board at the time of either fire, according to the Navy.
This is the second warship the Navy has lost this year. The USS Guardian, a minesweeper, ran aground on the Tubbataha Reef in the Philippines in January, damaging an estimated 43,000 square feet of the UNESCO World Heritage site. To prevent further damage to the reef, salvagers had to cut it into pieces to lift off. It was struck from the fleet in February.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guaranteed the peons in here will make a huge deal out of this too...

yes they will. But in a way I agree with them. You are a professional athlete deal with it. You get paid how much?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, I said it in an earlier thread. This years team you can never count out. They have the chemistry and the players know there roles and have accepted them. Especially Gomes. Heck he probably was under the impression he was going to play every day! He hasn't and has yet to say a peep about it. He just goes out there when needed and performs and when he is not playing he is encouraging the guys who are playing.

The only thing that worries me is Napoli. I get he is one hell of a streaky guy but that could derail things slightly, hasn't yet but thats about it.