• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Field of Dreams game Sox vs Yankees

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox should not let the Cubbies or the Brewers horn in on this game. It should be traditionally the White Sox game every year - with rotating opponents.
They should but it won't happen

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my low-key favorite moments of last night's game was Kimbrel basically doing a lap around the infield when he didn't get the outside edge call.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my low-key favorite moments of last night's game was Kimbrel basically doing a lap around the infield when he didn't get the outside edge call.
Yeah, at first I thought he didn’t realize the worst umpire ever called it a ball, but the replay showed he saw the call and still did the walk. Good for him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons the hitters were jacked up last night - was the ump had no consistent strike zone for the pitchers to work - so hitters had to swing and pitchers had to groove the zone.

Still - Timmy coming up in the bottom on the 9th - confidence radiating off him like an aura - slaps a game winning two run homer - that was perfection.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons the hitters were jacked up last night - was the ump had no consistent strike zone for the pitchers to work - so hitters had to swing and pitchers had to groove the zone.

Still - Timmy coming up in the bottom on the 9th - confidence radiating off him like an aura - slaps a game winning two run homer - that was perfection.
I watched the replay of that HR and his rounding the bases at least 30 times.

Kudos to MLB and Fox for last night’s product. Really well done.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lead actors of great movies are often disconnected from the legacy of the movies.
It's understandable, being in the movie changes everything.

But that was sure not the case with Kevin Costner.

That movie is in his heart. That game flowed through him last night & vice versa.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game last night. It was a pretty good show.

Too bad it wasn't against the Houston Can Bangers. That sound would have been cool echoing through the corn stalks.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. That will help when the Sox hit an inevitable rough patch like every team.
We've sort of already hit ours coming out of the break. We're healthy now. If anything, we should go on a big run here soon. I don't think we've done that since very early on.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lead actors of great movies are often disconnected from the legacy of the movies.

That movie is in his heart. That game flowed through him last night & vice versa.

Yeah, I was listening to a Ray Liotta radio interview once from like 2010 or something. He got asked a question about how fantastic Goodfellas was. His response was basically that he's never seen the movie and couldn't really comment on what it's like to be a viewer of the film. Everyone in studio was stunned.

Seeing behind the curtain and being a part of the process definitely can rob you of certain feelings towards the final product. You're right, though, Costner seemed to be all-in on everything to do with it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to wait until I got home from a 3 day Strip trip in order to watch the game, as I had it recorded, altho I have to admit I found out about the score beforehand. However, I had no idea how the game actually proceeded and ended, I just knew the final score. Wow, some real dramatics, including all those dingers.

I wouldn't mind if Hendriks gave up those killer two run homers if Judge and Stanton simply hit some tough pitches, but both of them were right down the pipeline. TLR needs to swap roles between Kimbrel and Hendriks until the latter proves he's back to his old form.

Now as to our hero, TA could not have picked a better time to show why he's become the face of the franchise. And I'll wager his endorsement price skyrocketed after last night.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True.
I loved the novel (Shoeless Joe) didn't really care for the film because of Costner because he is the worst actor ever. But he was all in.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.
I loved the novel (Shoeless Joe) didn't really care for the film because of Costner because he is the worst actor ever. But he was all in.
I'm far from being a big Costner fan, but the man is excellent in his current role in the TV series Yellowstone, which is IMO the best damn series on television. He was also really good in the movie Open Range.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it.

I've heard good things.
I was one of those who did not watch Yellowstone from the beginning, and my brother kept telling me what a fool I was for not ever having watched this series. Then the Paramount Network, which carries the show, decided a few months back to televise all three seasons again, so I was able to catch it from the getgo. If you get that same chance at some point, please watch it. No joking, it's THAT good. And now I understand why my brother kept giving me shit.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm far from being a big Costner fan, but the man is excellent in his current role in the TV series Yellowstone, which is IMO the best damn series on television. He was also really good in the movie Open Range.
Haven't seen Yellowstone, but did enjoy Open Range.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen Yellowstone, but did enjoy Open Range.
Open Range was one stud of a western, especially during a time in which westerns have long been out of vogue. And I'll say the same thing to you buddy, if you get a chance to watch Yellowstone from the beginning, which is the only way to watch it, please do so. Believe me, you'll get hooked.