• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite "weird" food you have tried and enjoyed...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's isnt a whole helluva lot on just one.

To me it's more like pork, but if nobody told you it was squirrel, you could think it was chicken.

My buddy likes to make squirrel n dumplins. I've never complained.

Probably depends on how you cook it. I had it battered/fried and it tasted like fried chicken to me.

Normally I would have never eaten such a thing to be honest. But I spent the night with a friend, we didn't eat dinner and the next day I was hungry as fuck. Apparently, it was a frequent meal for him.

I would have ate more if there had been more.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's isnt a whole helluva lot on just one.

To me it's more like pork, but if nobody told you it was squirrel, you could think it was chicken.

My buddy likes to make squirrel n dumplins. I've never complained.

That actually sounds REALLY good :nod: :suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably depends on how you cook it. I had it battered/fried and it tasted like fried chicken to me.

Normally I would have never eaten such a thing to be honest. But I spent the night with a friend, we didn't eat dinner and the next day I was hungry as fuck. Apparently, it was a frequent meal for him.

I would have ate more if there had been more.
Never had it battered. But I bet it's good.

Same guy likes to make turtle a bunch of different ways. I'm not as much into that stuff though. Mostly cuz I like turtles.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys ever have Conch?

I liked it, but it's really chewy.

I have had it, yes can be chewy, but if it is cut JUST right, it's not that chewy at all and is DELICIOUS!!! Something like Conch is ALL about the preparation...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same guy likes to make turtle a bunch of different ways. I'm not as much into that stuff though. Mostly cuz I like turtles.
giphy.gif

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem with shellfish...No matter how many you eat, It just takes ONE bad one to absolutely DESTROY your stomach. I don't eat them often, but when I do it's ALWAYS from a good restaurant, but there is still a possibility of getting sick(which yes, unfortunately has happened to me in the past).
God, the intestinal infection was absolute hell. For 3 days and nights I had to sleep right next to the toilet. And now I know who makes the softest toilet paper. :thumb:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, the intestinal infection was absolute hell. For 3 days and nights I had to sleep right next to the toilet. And now I know who makes the softest toilet paper. :thumb:

Yes, I know what you mean. That's happened to me on vacation in Vegas which is 1000X worse when alone in a hotel room with no one to help, bring you food, or anything like that...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's something I'd love to try. I've heard that turtle can be quite good!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's something I'd love to try. I've heard that turtle can be quite good!!!
My Grandpa made turtle soup a lot when I was a kid.

Speaking of stuff that tastes like chicken:

image.jpg
This is sulphur shelf, or chicken of the woods. It's great. (Mushroom hunting is my kind of hunting. Morel season is almost here for me.)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I regularly order from a local establishment, Italian sausage and sauerkraut pizza( red sauce and mozarella). People, for some reason bug out over it................till they try it.

It is sooo fucking awesome.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Octopus was fucking awesome.

Alligator was awesome.

Rattlesnake was awesome.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Grandpa made turtle soup a lot when I was a kid.

Speaking of stuff that tastes like chicken:

View attachment 110659
This is sulphur shelf, or chicken of the woods. It's great. (Mushroom hunting is my kind of hunting. Morel season is almost here for me.)

Yum!!! I haven't tried those, but hen of the woods mushrooms are among my faves. I don't think they're quite the same, though you might know better than I do. :suds:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I regularly order from a local establishment, Italian sausage and sauerkraut pizza( red sauce and mozarella). People, for some reason bug out over it................till they try it.

It is sooo fucking awesome.

Ok, now THAT is different!!! I just might have to try it :suds:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alligator was awesome.

Rattlesnake was awesome.

I LOVE octopus, so no problem there...

I would definitely love to try both Gator and Rattlesnake. These are the kinds of things I find REALLY interesting!!!

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alligator was awesome.

Rattlesnake was awesome.
I've also had all 3, and while they were ok, the word awesome never entered my mind. Interestingly, the the most awesome meal that I've ever had was a steak at the TPC Golf Course in Phoenix (Scottsdale), but it was very expensive. I say that it's interesting cuz I'm from cattle country in the upper midwest where great steaks are the norm.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've also had all 3, and while they were ok, the word awesome never entered my mind. Interestingly, the the most awesome meal that I've ever had was a steak at the TPC Golf Course in Phoenix (Scottsdale), but it was very expensive. I say that it's interesting cuz I'm from cattle country in the upper midwest where great steaks are the norm.

I say awesome, in that, the "experience" was part of it.

The Octopus I had, was actually amazingly cooked, and I loved the texture and taste.

Alligator was the experience as well. Wasn't as great textural-wise, kinda just tasted like a mixture of chicken and fish.

The Rattlesnake, I actually lopped the fucking head off with one fell swoop of a shovel...right at what would be the equivalent of the base of our neck or top of our shoulders. After about 30 minutes of it moving around still, we cut down about 8 inches further to avoid the venom sac...nailed that fucker to a tree, skinned it and grilled it. IT WAS AWESOME in the same sense that "camping food" tastes sooo much fucking better than everyday food.

Again..the experience makes up for about 75% of it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always open to trying new things, not sure if anything I've tried qualifies. I'm a big fan of any kind of shellfish or seafood. Also love things like head cheese, rillettes, foigras (not weird I know), chicken liver mousse/pate, and pretty much any kind of sausage. One of the more unique things I finally got to try is roasted bone marrow. That was freaking awesome.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yum!!! I haven't tried those, but hen of the woods mushrooms are among my faves. I don't think they're quite the same, though you might know better than I do. :suds:
They're different mushrooms. I've only found hen of the woods a few times. And never cooked any myself.

Had alligator once. In Des Moines Iowa. lol.