• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he was street racing, it is still just speeding essentially and we see it every year. A young kid going 120 in a 45. I doubt he gets an punishment from Goodell.

I looked up TX street racing laws

1st offense is a class b misdemeanor, 2nd offense class a misdemeanor, 3rd offense becomes a state felony charge.
TX can take his car away and suspend his license for a year, possibly 180 days of jail time pending the severity, but still just a class b misdemeanor at the end of it all since its Rice's first offense in TX (I think/assume?).

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what is reckless driving resulting in personal injury/ destruction of property, and fleeing the scene of an accident resulting in injury? It ain't JUST speeding smdh

If this kid doesn't face a suspension, its a disservice to HIM

Next time someone dies

Last edited:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what is reckless driving resulting in personal injury/ destruction of property, and fleeing the scene of an accident resulting in injury? It ain't JUST speeding smdh

If this kid doesn't face a suspension, its a disservice to HIM

Next time someone dies

reckless driving is a misdemeanor

fleeing the scene is also:
1712334849442.png

Only way to get anything harsher than a fine would be other people's injuries, but I haven't seen any new details on that end yet. Literally going to get out of it just cause no one got hurt is pretty wild

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaannd now they found weed in the car, over 10 grams which is not really that much for the group of people they had but way more than the lovely state of TX wants to see on anyone.

The layers keep getting peeled back here, still just a ton of smoke that some fines for Rice and maybe a friend taking a fall for him can't brush under the rug

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's still just a misdemeanor, how many of those can you stack up until they just bring a felony charge?

Lol this story keeping things entertaining until draft day

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaannd now they found weed in the car, over 10 grams which is not really that much for the group of people they had but way more than the lovely state of TX wants to see on anyone.

The layers keep getting peeled back here, still just a ton of smoke that some fines for Rice and maybe a friend taking a fall for him can't brush under the rug
It seems little thing after little thing but it keeps adding up. What about the bag of guns they took out of the car? At least from a witness. It shouldn't matter to Goodell. Dude needs to do something or like Treff said, he won't learn his lesson.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. A third-degree felony if the accident resulted in serious bodily injury,

One woman had a laceration on the eyelid that required stitches. Is this considered "serious bodily injury?" Probably not. Yet i do know that stitches & permanent scars are looked at differently from a legal point of view.
:poke:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's still just a misdemeanor, how many of those can you stack up until they just bring a felony charge?

Lol this story keeping things entertaining until draft day

Saw this quote from a local news affiliate.

Crazy, but this is Texas.

"Per a recently obtained police report--10.8 grams of marijuana was found in the Lamborghini Rice was driving, which is a state jail felony amount in Texas," WFAA reported. "The punishment for a state jail felony in Texas is a sentence of incarceration in the state jail of 180 days to two years and a fine of not more than $10,000."

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the bag of guns they took out of the car? At least from a witness.

Not be racist but the people that took the video seemed like a bunch of crackers. Can hear them say something about "they probably stole those cars" so I'm not going to give them any credence at this stage until someone else has info about a bag of guns

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One woman had a laceration on the eyelid that required stitches. Is this considered "serious bodily injury?" Probably not. Yet i do know that stitches & permanent scars are looked at differently from a legal point of view.
:poke:
Also, one person is suing over a concussion.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this quote from a local news affiliate.

Crazy, but this is Texas.

"Per a recently obtained police report--10.8 grams of marijuana was found in the Lamborghini Rice was driving, which is a state jail felony amount in Texas," WFAA reported. "The punishment for a state jail felony in Texas is a sentence of incarceration in the state jail of 180 days to two years and a fine of not more than $10,000."

That's actually not TX laws, I'm a cannabis user that travels regularly. 4 ounces or less is a misdemeanor

Your local news affiliate both didn't know its own state law and is too stupid to Google it. Must be tough getting their shoes tied but they probably wear velcros

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not be racist but the people that took the video seemed like a bunch of crackers. Can hear them say something about "they probably stole those cars" so I'm not going to give them any credence at this stage until someone else has info about a bag of guns
The bags and the guns charges seem made up as there is video of them leaving the scene not carrying anything as they walked along the freeway.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually not TX laws, I'm a cannabis user that travels regularly. 4 ounces or less is a misdemeanor

Your local news affiliate both didn't know its own state law and is too stupid to Google it. Must be tough getting their shoes tied but they probably wear velcros
Yeah, I looked it up. Was surprised by the quote, but there is murkiness in some Texas laws so I thought they had something.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think there's enough here for the NFL to do something even if the police don't. I still have a hard time thinking he's going to get any kind of jail time since it's a first offense. I could see them taking his driver's license and him getting a fine, but none of the injuries were serious enough to warrant any kind of arrest and I'm not so sure that's even enough weed to matter because you know it wasn't his and he doesn't even know that got there. LOL. The real question is whether the Chiefs draft a wide receiver now anticipating that he might get suspended.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I looked it up. Was surprised by the quote, but there is murkiness in some Texas laws so I thought they had something.

I believe Arizona and maybe New Mexico would be the only states with harsh enough weed laws to make 10 grams a felony. That's not even $100 worth of weed unless they're getting ripped off

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Arizona and maybe New Mexico would be the only states with harsh enough weed laws to make 10 grams a felony. That's not even $100 worth of weed unless they're getting ripped off
Have you looked up the laws for reckless endangerment? So many pieces to the puzzle defining what it is, it makes my head spin.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, one person is suing over a concussion.
Well people sue over coffee they spill on themselves in a drive-thru so I am not surprised lol

Make It Rain Money GIF by yvngswag