• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just posting this to torture @TREFF.

The funny thing is, these "crack reporters" spelled his name wrong.
He's the Great Getsby! :pound: :pound: :pound:

Raiders hired Luke Getsby to be their new offensive coordinator, according to Ian Rapoport.

The hiring has been reported for a few days, but it now appears to be official. After Kliff Kingsbury took himself out of the running for the job, Getsby immediately emerged as the favorite. Getsy served as the offensive coordinator in Chicago for two seasons before being fired at the end of this year. Under Getsby in 2023, the Bears finished the year 24th in EPA per dropback and ninth in EPA per rush attempt. That may need to change with an offense built around Devante Adams. However, Getsy also struggled to ge the most out of Justin Fields, often limiting him as a rusher, so this hiring would likely take the Raiders out of the running as a trade partner with the Bears for Fields.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just posting this to torture @TREFF.

The funny thing is, these "crack reporters" spelled his name wrong.
He's the Great Getsby! :pound: :pound: :pound:

Raiders hired Luke Getsby to be their new offensive coordinator, according to Ian Rapoport.

The hiring has been reported for a few days, but it now appears to be official. After Kliff Kingsbury took himself out of the running for the job, Getsby immediately emerged as the favorite. Getsy served as the offensive coordinator in Chicago for two seasons before being fired at the end of this year. Under Getsby in 2023, the Bears finished the year 24th in EPA per dropback and ninth in EPA per rush attempt. That may need to change with an offense built around Devante Adams. However, Getsy also struggled to ge the most out of Justin Fields, often limiting him as a rusher, so this hiring would likely take the Raiders out of the running as a trade partner with the Bears for Fields.

Note to self: Do not take any Raiders in FF this year.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting caveat of note as it relates to Chicago, Washington and Caleb Williams.

with the new NIL crap, these incoming rookies, at least the top guys, will have more leverage to tell the teams drafting them..'thanks but no thanks'. They may not be in dire straights of needing money as previous incoming freshmen generally were/are, and can more easily tell any team, hey, I'm not playing for you, you can either trade the pick, trade me, or I'll wait out the clock as my rights expire and enter the supplemental draft next season.

Allegedly, Caleb Williams (or his agent) has said this to the Chicago brass. He's estimated to have banked at least 3.2 million in NIL $$, so he certainly COULD sit and wait out the clock until the '25 draft, if he really wanted to.

Bo Jackson did this when TB drafted him, as he had baseball to turn to for income, and actually did sit out the entire year, being drafted by the Raiders in the next year's supplemental draft, once his TB rights expired, Elway did the same when Baltimore (Colts) drafted him, but they finally got a deal done with Denver. He could've been a Yankee instead, drafted in the second round of MLB draft. . But without the baseball aspect, one wonders if they'd have been able to stick to their guns enough to actually force the issue.

Nowadays, that's not as big of a deal. If Caleb doesn't want to play for Chicago, he certainly doesn't have to, h'es probably got a nice little chunk of change sitting around.

Which, would could really hurt the Bears trade leverage with Washington- or anyone else. If everyone knows they can't sign him, either they won't pick him- in which case Washington doesn't have to do anything at all, just wait and take him #2. Or the Bears draft him anyways, and have to trade him 'discounted' from what one might have thought they could get, because everyone knows he won't sign.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting caveat of note as it relates to Chicago, Washington and Caleb Williams.

with the new NIL crap, these incoming rookies, at least the top guys, will have more leverage to tell the teams drafting them..'thanks but no thanks'. They may not be in dire straights of needing money as previous incoming freshmen generally were/are, and can more easily tell any team, hey, I'm not playing for you, you can either trade the pick, trade me, or I'll wait out the clock as my rights expire and enter the supplemental draft next season.

Allegedly, Caleb Williams (or his agent) has said this to the Chicago brass. He's estimated to have banked at least 3.2 million in NIL $$, so he certainly COULD sit and wait out the clock until the '25 draft, if he really wanted to.

Bo Jackson did this when TB drafted him, as he had baseball to turn to for income, and actually did sit out the entire year, being drafted by the Raiders in the next year's supplemental draft, once his TB rights expired, Elway did the same when Baltimore (Colts) drafted him, but they finally got a deal done with Denver. He could've been a Yankee instead, drafted in the second round of MLB draft. . But without the baseball aspect, one wonders if they'd have been able to stick to their guns enough to actually force the issue.

Nowadays, that's not as big of a deal. If Caleb doesn't want to play for Chicago, he certainly doesn't have to, h'es probably got a nice little chunk of change sitting around.

Which, would could really hurt the Bears trade leverage with Washington- or anyone else. If everyone knows they can't sign him, either they won't pick him- in which case Washington doesn't have to do anything at all, just wait and take him #2. Or the Bears draft him anyways, and have to trade him 'discounted' from what one might have thought they could get, because everyone knows he won't sign.
That's a good point, although it really only removes Chicago as one of the teams seeking Caleb's services.

Following through on sitting out would not be not smart, though. It would definitely lower the value of his rookie contract, not just because he wouldn't be a first overall pick in the regular draft any more, but because Watson gave GMs the heebie-jeebies about a QB who sits out for a year, not to mention coming off as an entitled prick.

Chicago should be able to play a lot of teams against each other: Washington, New England, Broncos, Raiders, Falcons, Seahawks, Steelers and maybe even Cowboys. My feeling is they should end up trading with Washington, who might be willing to pay a lot just to move up one spot if they think they might lose Williams to another team. Then the Bears should take Harrison, trade Fields to Atlanta or somebody, take Penix at #9, and use their trade haul and cap space to fill out the o-line and D. They do something that and they'll feel like an exciting up-and-coming team.

Chicago doesn't need a hotshot QB; they need a tough thoughtful leader who takes care of the ball.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he certainly COULD sit and wait out the clock until the '25 draft, if he really wanted to.
Nope.
There was a deadline all rookies had to commit to the draft and it has passed.

if anything, he can pull an Eli Manning and pout (until NY traded with SD).

And just to clarify... his agent has essentially said that ALL NFL teams are in play, its just that CW has his own wish list. If youre buying

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

And just to clarify... his agent has essentially said that ALL NFL teams are in play, its just that CW has his own wish list. If youre buying
Am I the only one that is rooting for Caleb Williams to be a massive bust in the NFL? He's never played an NFL snap and I already can't stand the guy.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Well he can commit to the draft, be drafted, and still not sign. In one calender year, the drafting team would forfeit the rights to the player

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point, although it really only removes Chicago as one of the teams seeking Caleb's services.

Following through on sitting out would not be not smart, though. It would definitely lower the value of his rookie contract, not just because he wouldn't be a first overall pick in the regular draft any more, but because Watson gave GMs the heebie-jeebies about a QB who sits out for a year, not to mention coming off as an entitled prick.

Chicago should be able to play a lot of teams against each other: Washington, New England, Broncos, Raiders, Falcons, Seahawks, Steelers and maybe even Cowboys. My feeling is they should end up trading with Washington, who might be willing to pay a lot just to move up one spot if they think they might lose Williams to another team. Then the Bears should take Harrison, trade Fields to Atlanta or somebody, take Penix at #9, and use their trade haul and cap space to fill out the o-line and D. They do something that and they'll feel like an exciting up-and-coming team.

Chicago doesn't need a hotshot QB; they need a tough thoughtful leader who takes care of the ball.
Yeah, I ain't saying it'd be the best career move... just that he could.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that is rooting for Caleb Williams to be a massive bust in the NFL? He's never played an NFL snap and I already can't stand the guy.
I wish the league had 32 good quarterbacks

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if youre old enough to remember Brian Bosworth? Same type of hype... generational player... the next Dick Butkus... Boz started making demands prior to the draft... wanted the NFL to change linebacker numbering so he could keep his college number...

BUST

And his acting chops are terrible too.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if youre old enough to remember Brian Bosworth? Same type of hype... generational player... the next Dick Butkus... Boz started making demands prior to the draft... wanted the NFL to change linebacker numbering so he could keep his college number...

BUST

And his acting chops are terrible too.
I remember Bosworth. The problem he had was that he had to stop taking steroids when he got to the NFL. I don't know though I think you can get away with being a dick a lot more on defense since they are supposed to have that "toughness" mentality.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, the Boz's problems were much more PED related than anything to do with his negotiating tactics.
To his credit, the guy did have great instincts on the field, he just didn't have the physical ability without using the PED's

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Flacco!

Joe Flacco has been named the Associated Press’ 2023 Comeback Player of the Year.

Damar Hamlin was long considered to be the favorite to win 2023’s Comeback Player of the Year, but the signing of Flacco by the Browns late in the season threw a new candidate into the mix. In fact, Flacco earned only 13 first-place votes to Hamlin’s 21, but it was the 26 second-place votes that helped push Flacco over the edge to earn the award. Flacco would go on to start five games for the Browns in his limited stint with the team, throwing for 1,616 yards, 13 touchdowns, and eight interceptions in those games while going 4-1. Flacco’s magic ran out in a playoff Wild Card loss to the Texans, but the 39-year-old signal-caller spent much of the season without a place to call home before joining the Browns for a playoff push. Flacco is already on record saying he’d like to continue playing next season. The Browns, who are thin at quarterback behind Deshaun Watson, would be wise to re-up with the veteran quarterback on a one-year deal.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Jimmy Garoppolo is being suspended two games for violating the NFL’s performance enhancing substances policy.

Ok, that just made me laugh. IF that dude was using PED's, his ass needs a new supplier cuz that shit ain't doing it's job.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Jimmy Garoppolo is being suspended two games for violating the NFL’s performance enhancing substances policy.

Ok, that just made me laugh. IF that dude was using PED's, his ass needs a new supplier cuz that shit ain't doing it's job.
Garoppolo is the best argument that Purdy’s success is because of the system.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garoppolo is the best argument that Purdy’s success is because of the system.

Only Purdy was better than Jimmy in the same system and at a younger age. Even Purdy overthrowing WRs in the SB looked better than when Jimmy did it.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Purdy was better than Jimmy in the same system and at a younger age. Even Purdy overthrowing WRs in the SB looked better than when Jimmy did it.
I agree Purdy is better than Garoppolo, but not a ton better. However he does have room to improve. And he'll be way cheap for another year or two, so his supporting cast will continue to be good.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is kind of a weird story, not that it matters. Ol' Jimmy will be lucky to get a backup role from now on, I think.

But what is a valid Therapeutic Use Exemption?

Per Schefter, Garoppolo is not expected to appeal his suspension. According to the report, Garoppolo used prescribed medication without having “a valid Therapeutic Use Exemption.” The veteran quarterback is expected to be released by the Raiders before the fifth day of the new league year in March, getting the Raiders off the hook for an $11.25 million roster bonus he’s due to earn. Garoppolo signed a three-year, $72.750 million deal with the Raiders last offseason and played in a whopping seven games while throwing for 1205-7-9. He was eventually benched for rookie Aidan O’Connell and will now be free to sign with any team. In his first year outside of Kyle Shanahan’s system, Garoppolo struggled to replicate the success he enjoyed with San Francisco from 2017-2022. It’s possible he will catch on with a team desperate for a starter, t it wouldn’t be surprising to see Garoppolo catch on as a backup for the 2024 season.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of a weird story, not that it matters. Ol' Jimmy will be lucky to get a backup role from now on, I think.

But what is a valid Therapeutic Use Exemption?

Per Schefter, Garoppolo is not expected to appeal his suspension. According to the report, Garoppolo used prescribed medication without having “a valid Therapeutic Use Exemption.” The veteran quarterback is expected to be released by the Raiders before the fifth day of the new league year in March, getting the Raiders off the hook for an $11.25 million roster bonus he’s due to earn. Garoppolo signed a three-year, $72.750 million deal with the Raiders last offseason and played in a whopping seven games while throwing for 1205-7-9. He was eventually benched for rookie Aidan O’Connell and will now be free to sign with any team. In his first year outside of Kyle Shanahan’s system, Garoppolo struggled to replicate the success he enjoyed with San Francisco from 2017-2022. It’s possible he will catch on with a team desperate for a starter, t it wouldn’t be surprising to see Garoppolo catch on as a backup for the 2024 season.

He didn't have his physician fill out a form... must be something he wants to keep quiet, maybe it was boner pills?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers