• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bag of chips that might turn into a slice of cheesecake...hmmm
I'm not sure how marketable that is, but I'm sure someone would buy it
Anything's better than a can of Spam.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you draft well you go to the Super Bowl. If you draft poorly you host a Super Bowl party.

or if you refuse to draft any 1st rounders for 5 years, you win the SB!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of get that though. They are the Average Joe of real football. Maybe they just hate rookies and would rather have the proven player over the upside.

when the proven players are Brandin Cooks, Jalen Ramsey, and Matt Stafford, 2 of which were key players in the SB run, I'd say they crushed it.
And really, outside of Kupp, they haven't hit on any stars in the mid-rounds. A handful of great role player types, maybe Akers steps up into 'star' level, but him and Hendo, Taylor Rapp and Fuller at safety have been their best draft picks.

in the copycat league, will be very interesting to see who and how anyone tries to imitate what the rams did over the last couple seasons

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when the proven players are Brandin Cooks, Jalen Ramsey, and Matt Stafford, 2 of which were key players in the SB run, I'd say they crushed it.
And really, outside of Kupp, they haven't hit on any stars in the mid-rounds. A handful of great role player types, maybe Akers steps up into 'star' level, but him and Hendo, Taylor Rapp and Fuller at safety have been their best draft picks.

in the copycat league, will be very interesting to see who and how anyone tries to imitate what the rams did over the last couple seasons
teams have tried the "buy a SB" over and over and over again ever since Reggie White was the first big free agent, and the results are always mixed. Broncos succeeded with Manning/Ware/Talib/and a few others, Washington has tried it a few times if memory serves, generally horrendous results. I'm sure there are other examples but they're escaping me at the moment. Denver is about to embark on that quest again. If RW can take this group to the playoffs and make a little noise, I expect a free agency flood in Denver for '23, wouldn't rule out some big trades, especially defensively, just as what happened with Manning in those years.

You've gotta get the "right" FA's/trade targets, and they've gotta be led by the "right" guy so that all those things mesh..if so, magic can certianly happen.

If it works, great you've got a 2-4 year Super Bowl window, but whether it works or it doesn't, it WILL set your franchise back once that window closes and those FA's are either gone or no longer effective. You can't sell your soul to the Devil without eventually paying a big price.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams have tried the "buy a SB" over and over and over again ever since Reggie White was the first big free agent, and the results are always mixed. Broncos succeeded with Manning/Ware/Talib/and a few others, Washington has tried it a few times if memory serves, generally horrendous results. I'm sure there are other examples but they're escaping me at the moment. Denver is about to embark on that quest again. If RW can take this group to the playoffs and make a little noise, I expect a free agency flood in Denver for '23, wouldn't rule out some big trades, especially defensively, just as what happened with Manning in those years.

You've gotta get the "right" FA's/trade targets, and they've gotta be led by the "right" guy so that all those things mesh..if so, magic can certianly happen.

If it works, great you've got a 2-4 year Super Bowl window, but whether it works or it doesn't, it WILL set your franchise back once that window closes and those FA's are either gone or no longer effective. You can't sell your soul to the Devil without eventually paying a big price.

did they try trading away 5 straight years of 1st rd picks? lol

blows my mind that Gurley and Goff were the last 2 1st round picks made by the Rams. They've made zero since moving back to LA

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams have tried the "buy a SB" over and over and over again ever since Reggie White was the first big free agent, and the results are always mixed. Broncos succeeded with Manning/Ware/Talib/and a few others,
Therein lies the difference.
Manning, Ware & Talib were consistent, above average players. You could say they were worth the pricetag.
But how often do we see teams shelling out big $$$ as well as future capspace problems for a guy that had 1 good season? Or half a season? Or worse yet, a good playoff run of 3 games?
Those are head-scratchers.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did they try trading away 5 straight years of 1st rd picks? lol

blows my mind that Gurley and Goff were the last 2 1st round picks made by the Rams. They've made zero since moving back to LA
Well I don't think anyone has gone to that extreme..no..lol

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't think anyone has gone to that extreme..no..lol

CLE giving up 3 1st rd picks for Watson is pretty damn close, and that can't be instilling confidence in any other teams to follow suit at the current status of that deal

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean McVay already had a coaching tree. That's the thing the NFL is taking from the Rams imo. Teams have been going all-in since forever.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot.

But I did remember the Saints' Mike Ditka trading all of the 1999 picks (and a 2000 first) for Ricky Williams.
It's crazy that Washington almost lost that trade. I think Lavar Arrington was enough to win it but they should've won it by more

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy that Washington almost lost that trade. I think Lavar Arrington was enough to win it but they should've won it by more
Plus a few years of Champ. Had they not traded him, it would have been a landslide.