• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little clarification on my position...mostly because I'm sitting in a hotel room, waiting to walk across the street, check my daughter into a minor surgery, then wait another 5 hours, so I'm friggin bored, and, why not?....

If a team can realistically improve on a skill position, I will always assume they will, rather than hope they don't. In ARZ, there is zero doubt that Edmonds and Conner COULD be improved upon in the draft. Doesn't mean they should, doesn't mean they will, just that they certainly could. So for our purposes here, focused on fantasy value, the safest assumption would be to plan as though neither will be the guy, until they are the guy. And the same could be said for Miami, Gaskins and Ahmed could be probably adequately fill the role, but could be improved upon. Same thing in Chicago, Buffalo, heck even Houston, with 3 bona-fide NFL starting caliber RB's, could be improved as 2 of the three are basically retired, just still active, and the other isn't built to handle half a load.

Obviously, Atl, Pitt, and the Jets are THE places to point to, but the Saints didn't need Kamara when they took him. The Rams didn't need Akers, the Lions didn't need Swift, the Colts didn't need Taylor, the Ravens didn't need Dobbins, the Titans didn't need Henry. The draft is about improving your team, and if N. Harris, or Etienne, or whomever, is the best player available, and he is a probable improvement over what you've got, why wouldn't you take him?

Edited-- BTW, trades on day 3, are so common, they're barely even reported, you've gotta dig deep to find the details...I don't think it'd be a big deal whatsoever for ARZ to acquire a 4th, so I don't really consider that an obstacle.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Jones was a 5th round pick. He wasnt ready from the first day but I would say he developed nicely. With that said, most teams have a true committee approach so they dont need to find a stud. Just someone capabale of 10-15 touches and that could ruin the fantasy value of someone else.
I am bored too so i am merely trying to perpetuate this conversation.

This may seem like a knock on Aaron Jones but the Packers may be one of the few premiere landing spots for a 5th round RB to flourish.

As for the comments made by @TREFF i cannot argue with much of what you said. Bravo. I will say that taking the best player may seem logical to improve or upgrade at the position, but some of the teams you mentioned clearly had holes at other positions. So while it may have been smart to draft said player, in the long run their team did not get much better.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This may seem like a knock on Aaron Jones but the Packers may be one of the few premiere landing spots for a 5th round RB to flourish.

As for the comments made by @TREFF i cannot argue with much of what you said. Bravo. I will say that taking the best player may seem logical to improve or upgrade at the position, but some of the teams you mentioned clearly had holes at other positions. So while it may have been smart to draft said player, in the long run their team did not get much better.
I think he just made the most of his opportunity and we were clearly devoid of talent at the position after Lacy ate his way out of the league. Jonathan Franklin was going to be a good one but an injury ended his career.

However consistently landing fifth round picks that turn into studs isnt something that can be regularly relied upon.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh Fer sure, absolutely, best player available strategy needs to be practiced with a preference to area of need (if the team is ran even somewhat intelligently). But, always exceptions.

Chiefs for example, they obviously could've used some defense, an o line..Damien Williams "could've" handled what they needed, but the best available player on the board was CEH...so they took him.

Arizona could use help at multiple different positions, no doubts, wouldn't ever attempt to argue that RB is high on their list of needs. Just that it's an area that could easily be improved, and that it wouldn't surprise me in the least wether it was the first rd or the 7th

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs for example, they obviously could've used some defense, an o line..Damien Williams "could've" handled what they needed, but the best available player on the board was CEH...so they took him.
Mahomes lobbying Reid to draft CEH probably had more to do with that. Disagree CEH was the best available. But we digress.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes lobbying Reid to draft CEH probably had more to do with that. Disagree CEH was the best available. But we digress.
Oh we agree that CEH was definitely not best available...not even the best RB available. :) but they must've thought so

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic, i am guessing (hoping) your daughter's surgery is not serious or life threatening?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic, i am guessing (hoping) your daughter's surgery is not serious or life threatening?
Naw, baring complications, simple in and out. She was born with a 3rd degree microtia (basically an undeveloped ear) she's getting the latest greatest, new generation hearing implant..cochlear model "whatever"

Other than the fact that it is surgery under a general, it's nothing major

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The money Davis got is 2.25 so like the minimum for a vet RB

eh thought it was more than that...........still think its davis
2 years, 5.5 total, 3 guaranteed. They could cut him tomorrow with minimal impact. He is the highest paid RB on the team, but, not exactly paid like he's their #1 plan. Atlanta is definitely a desirable destination for a rookie RB to land. But Davis definitely has a good shot at some minimum PPR value as a rock solid pass pro/pass game contributor..where most rooks fail initially.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years, 5.5 total, 3 guaranteed. They could cut him tomorrow with minimal impact. He is the highest paid RB on the team, but, not exactly paid like he's their #1 plan. Atlanta is definitely a desirable destination for a rookie RB to land. But Davis definitely has a good shot at some minimum PPR value as a rock solid pass pro/pass game contributor..where most rooks fail initially.
Yep. They seem to be rolling with not the top end lately anyways so well see. Hope everything is ok btw...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Think with money involved, its mike davis.........

Sorry @TKOSpikes thought u were the one who tagged me on the gio bernard move

Brian Hill for a side piece with Gesicki, if you’re still on the TE prowl.

just sayin’... if you’re anywhere near a Gesicki for WR deal, let’s get it on.

Or maybe you’re eyeballing Pitts at 1.2?