• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley, 4 years, 60 mill, 15 per. A friggin WR with somewhat limited skill set, ON THE SAME TEAM no less, just got more. What a joke. There's zero rational reasoning behind Cooks being paid more than Gurley.

Truly unbelievable.

not overly well versed in NFL contract/cap impacts, but isn't Cooks getting less than half of the guaranteed money that Gurley is getting?

Thought Cooks' contract barely cleared 20MIL guaranteed, whereas Gurley is getting 45MIL no matter what.

Pretty sure that guaranteed amount is what really matters when evaluating/comparing NFL deals, but again, I could also be extremely wrong here.

any NFL salary experts in our group or elsewhere on the hoop that could clarify would be greatly appreciated

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also gurley gets 15 bell wants 17

with the pot suspensions and injuries, Bell will find it very difficult to get more than Gurley.

would have to be a dumb team like the jets or something

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not overly well versed in NFL contract/cap impacts, but isn't Cooks getting less than half of the guaranteed money that Gurley is getting?

Thought Cooks' contract barely cleared 20MIL guaranteed, whereas Gurley is getting 45MIL no matter what.

Pretty sure that guaranteed amount is what really matters when evaluating/comparing NFL deals, but again, I could also be extremely wrong here.

any NFL salary experts in our group or elsewhere on the hoop that could clarify would be greatly appreciated
I think this is correct, Monkey, but I am by no means an expert on the subject either.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot - 7_24_2018 , 1_21_57 PM.png

I think this is correct, Monkey, but I am by no means an expert on the subject either.

That was the early reports but check the info from OTC.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Gurley deal is going to screw Bell. Gurley is younger and has become just as good of a pass catcher. Bell is going to wish he accepted that last Steelers offer.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Gurley deal is going to screw Bell. Gurley is younger and has become just as good of a pass catcher. Bell is going to wish he accepted that last Steelers offer.

Do you really feel that Steeler contract was actually good? It had barely any substantial guarantee money at all and a rookie RB just got a fully guaranteed contract. Think RBs are going to start getting contracts going forward.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d being willing to make a wager that Bell is going to get a contract that gives him much better guaranteed money that what the Steelers offered. He’s only 26 and a proven weapon on offense, barring injury he’s going to get paid and paid well.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d being willing to make a wager that Bell is going to get a contract that gives him much better guaranteed money that what the Steelers offered. He’s only 26 and a proven weapon on offense, barring injury he’s going to get paid and paid well.
Next year

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this^^^

could very well even be less overall money, but the guaranteed $$ will be substantially better than what PIT was offering

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers offer only guaranteed the 10 million signing bonus, the rest of the contract was a series of one year team options. The Steelers did a good PR job on selling the idea that they were actually offering a good contract though and Bell did a extremely bad PR job with some of his outlandish ideas of what he was worth.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers offer only guaranteed the 10 million signing bonus, the rest of the contract was a series of one year team options. The Steelers did a good PR job on selling the idea that they were actually offering a good contract though and Bell did a extremely bad PR job with some of his outlandish ideas of what he was worth.
He’s got baggage, alot

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Gurley deal 45 million guaranteed. If that turns out to be real, I feel it actually helps Bell. The last contract signed is usually the biggest and even if it’s less then Gurley, it will be way way better then the bogus contract the Steelers offered up. Not that I blame the Steelers, with Big Ben retirement looming they don’t need to get saddled with a huge contract, they would likely regret.