• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
darkwa had surgery

Darkwa underwent minor surgery Wednesday to remove a plate that was inserted in his leg last offseason, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. His X-ray indicated that the fracture has fully healed, so the plate that limited his explosiveness has been removed and he should be ready to contribute in four weeks.

Analysis Darkwa reportedly has drawn interest from a number of teams this offseason, but he's yet to be satisfied with the offers presented to him. There shouldn't be any limitations in training camp to deal with by the team that ultimately inks the 26-year-old, who averaged 4.4 yards per attempt last season behind a Giants offensive line that Pro Football Focus ranked 26th in the league.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's so funny. The website I pulled it from said that he's had multiple offers and teams interested and the one you pulled it from said that he hasn't had any interest from teams. Just more proof that they are all just guessing.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's so funny. The website I pulled it from said that he's had multiple offers and teams interested and the one you pulled it from said that he hasn't had any interest from teams. Just more proof that they are all just guessing.
i know i thought i read mine wrong at first

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teams must be weary to sign him because of his leg injury. Maybe they don't feel he'll be the same afterwards.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had a visit with the Patriots April 1, so thats at least one team showing interest.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear C.J. Anderson to sign with the Panthers.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - but Fozzy tore his ACL paving the way for CAP to move up. .... sleeper alert !!!! or maybe not. ...:D

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The already very shallow cowboys WR ranks potentially got a little shallower. ....

Terrance Williams was arrested in Frisco, Texas early Saturday morning on charges of public intoxication and leaving the scene of an accident.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The already very shallow cowboys WR ranks potentially got a little shallower. ....

Terrance Williams was arrested in Frisco, Texas early Saturday morning on charges of public intoxication and leaving the scene of an accident.
Maybe Dez comes back after all.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez won't be coming back. Williams is on thin ice. Dynasty players start buying some shares of Gallup. Seasonal players might want to stay away from this mess.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez won't be coming back. Williams is on thin ice. Dynasty players start buying some shares of Gallup. Seasonal players might want to stay away from this mess.
Gallup and Noah Brown...although I think were gonna see an awful lot of single wide sets this season, whenever they can. 2 & 3 tight ends, maybe a fullback too

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallup and Noah Brown...although I think were gonna see an awful lot of single wide sets this season, whenever they can. 2 & 3 tight ends, maybe a fullback too
Thats gonna make it mighty hard for Dak to be the best QB in franchise history...

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine we will see the opposite. More spread, less TEs on the field (which TE anyway?) Make it hard for the defense to stack the box to stop Zeke. If coverage has to be in position to run support vs Zeke, it makes it tough to play anything but cover 1 unless they have some damn good speed at LB. So that opens the field for Dak and the receivers.
Going out on a limb to say this - but ditching Dez was more in line with this thinking. I know he was expensive but the main thing was he could not challenge the defense deep. The D never had to check out of cover 1 and could load up to stop the run and be able to play tight coverage. By inserting a burner in Thompson, with TWilliams or Gallup on the opposite side they can push those safeties back to play a cover 2 or 3. So the things that happened last year won't happen this year. Then it is all on Dak, to determine what coverage he sees and get us in the best play via RPO. 1 deep safety, pass. 2 deep safeties run. Cover 3 will likely be the primary choice for the defense, but we have Beasley and Zeke to pass to, making it hard to hide slow LBs. Will probably open up some blitzing on their end, knowing how good this line can be. Health of the Oline (which is the biggest factor) and the no-name WR core is exactly what this offense needed. Still would be nice to have a TE step up, just for those 3 or so teams that have fast LBs. Sorry, this spilled out and I'm not sure if I 100% buy it, but it goes in line with their offseason.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine we will see the opposite. More spread, less TEs on the field (which TE anyway?) Make it hard for the defense to stack the box to stop Zeke. If coverage has to be in position to run support vs Zeke, it makes it tough to play anything but cover 1 unless they have some damn good speed at LB. So that opens the field for Dak and the receivers.
Going out on a limb to say this - but ditching Dez was more in line with this thinking. I know he was expensive but the main thing was he could not challenge the defense deep. The D never had to check out of cover 1 and could load up to stop the run and be able to play tight coverage. By inserting a burner in Thompson, with TWilliams or Gallup on the opposite side they can push those safeties back to play a cover 2 or 3. So the things that happened last year won't happen this year. Then it is all on Dak, to determine what coverage he sees and get us in the best play via RPO. 1 deep safety, pass. 2 deep safeties run. Cover 3 will likely be the primary choice for the defense, but we have Beasley and Zeke to pass to, making it hard to hide slow LBs. Will probably open up some blitzing on their end, knowing how good this line can be. Barring health of the Oline (which is the biggest factor) the no-name WR core is exactly what this offense needed. Still would be nice to have a TE step up, just for those 3 or so teams that have fast LBs. Sorry, this spilled out and I'm not sure if I 100% buy it, but it goes in line with their offseason.

This is basically what the Lions try to do to create running lanes. Doesn't work for them either
The only problem is, there's no threat to spread it out. Safeties, corners and LB'S are still going to cheat the middle of the field, only on this scenario, there's no one to block those cheaters. They'd be better served just saying, we're running the ball..try and stop us.

If a TE surprises, and Gallup is better than advertised, AND Hurns overachieves..maybe...that's a lot of maybes.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem is, there's no threat to spread it out. Safeties, corners and LB'S are still going to cheat the middle of the field, only on this scenario, there's no one to block those cheaters. They'd be better served just saying, we're running the ball..try and stop us
I don't think it was an accident that they signed Hurd. He is a good run blocker. But also, the guy you brought up a few posts back, Noah Brown, he is a great blocker. When both of those two are on the field, it will most definitely scream run. So the task will be to get Noah on the field without tipping their hand. Get him to run some fly routes early on. You don't think the addition of Thompson and Hurd would open it up more than Dez and Witten? If we played with 2 wides, I don't see any defense fearing that. But add in two more and now they have to bring in a tweener LB that can run or hope their nickle package can handle us. Zeke should be eating all day with that.